• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

Yeah couple of the tracks I skipped over but I'll def keep some off these. Smooth shit. Digging the production on this Kami tape too. Why it sound like a dude rapping over hotline Miami beats lol
Man, Hotline Miami was such a fun experience. The music made me really go into a trance-like state while playing, lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
XANNY HELP THE PAIN OUT
PLEAAAAAAAASE
XANNY MAKE IT GO AWAY

giphy.gif

Moonkid

Yeah couple of the tracks I skipped over but I'll def keep some off these. Smooth shit. Digging the production on this Kami tape too. Why it sound like a dude rapping over hotline Miami beats lol
Damn that sounds dope, will have to check it out. Danny Brown on XXX gave me that vibe heavy on Scrap or Die.

XXX is definitely one of the best albums that portrays the use of drugs both high and low. Die Like A Rockstar is really poignant. And the juxtaposition of shit like Adderall Admiral and Party All The Time is scary.

illadelph

I've been watching The Get Down (great show)

if these Nas intros were an album, it would easily be better than half of his discography

Cheddahz

Banned
the new shabazz palaces album is just not interesting at all and feels like a huge step back after "lese majesty"

i suggest just listening to the porter ray album instead

Moonkid

Agreed Andrew, that was probably the first thing that stood out to me when listening aside from the bars and cool beats. I'd like to listen to more hip hop that sounds like XXX and given that it came out relatively recently I imagine there's a good amount of music that preceded and influenced it, or just sounds like it.

Didn't really dig what I heard from KAMI - I like him but the production does nothing for me, sounds like your average synthwave.

Moonkid

Listened to a Black Milk album yesterday, really dug it.
Man, Days Before Rodeo still is a banger front to back.
Though I only really got into it this year you're dead bloody right. Quintana pt. 2, Drugs, Sloppy Toppy, bangers on bangers. Just a shame where he's at now. Don't have high expectations for either Astroworld or the Quavo collab.

Koozek

Listened to a Black Milk album yesterday, really dug it. Though I only really got into it this year you're dead bloody right. Quintana pt. 2, Drugs, Sloppy Toppy, bangers on bangers. Just a shame where he's at now. Don't have high expectations for either Astroworld or the Quavo collab.
Astroworld?? First time hearing of this. Didn't know there's another album already on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom