• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonkid

Anybody here who can 100% tell apart the 3 Migos, lol? I still have issues with Takeoff and Offset.

EDIT: LOL, okay, I have issues with Quavo too, it seems. Thought it was Quavo on the Gucci track just from listening. It's actually Offset.
I can tell them apart most of the time now, helps that Quavo's flow is weaker than the other two when rapping.

riotous

Banned
Never had any trouble recognizing the Migos separately and I don't even listen to them that much; their voices are quite different.

I like Redman, never listened to his solo albums, though. Any of them good?

First Rakim now this wtf

- Whut Thee Album
- Dare Iz A Darkside
- Muddy Waters
- Doc's Da Name 2000
- Malpractice
- El Nino (with Def Squad)
- Blackout! (with Method Man)

At least 4 classics in there. Redman is one of the GOATs.

riotous

Banned
I don't believe you. We all know there's a reason why they started ad-libbing their names before every verse.

Quavo is super recognizable to me and so is Takeoff; Takeoff's voice is pretty deep and Quavo has that little whine to his voice. That leaves offset, whose I probably wouldn't recognize if he's featured solo on another track but when I'm listening to Migos I know he's the one who doesn't sound like Takeoff.

I've only listened to one of their projects and it was tricky then too. Tbh the vocal aspect of hip hop is probably my weak spot, I miss most lyrics when I listen to a song and don't pick up on styles very well.

I flip flop between beats and lyrics, almost all the time, LOL.

First Rakim now this wtf

- Whut Thee Album
- Dare Iz A Darkside
- Muddy Waters
- Doc's Da Name 2000
- Malpractice

His first three albums are essential.

Moonkid

Hahaha I'll admit I don't pick up on production styles very well either but I have more to offer, maybe marginally so, when discussing a song's beat. Wish I had a better ear though, I did music in high school and could never get good at dictation.

Koozek

First Rakim now this wtf

- Whut Thee Album
- Dare Iz A Darkside
- Muddy Waters
- Doc's Da Name 2000
- Malpractice

His first three albums are essential.
Huh, okay... guess I gotta check them out. My fave Redman song/feature is the Hi-Tek-produced Round and Round:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTE7LvVRnmk

And:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJYwJNWge1o

Play metro boomin at my funeral
giphy.gif

The new Swet Shop Boys EP, "Sufi La", dropped Friday, and its real nice. It steps away from the more politically-charged material that was a hallmark of "Cashmere" and heads toward hard beats and irreverent bars. Redinho's still behind the boards, and he does wonders with South Asian & Middle Eastern samples, creating these distinct beats that are just bangers. I highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom