• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
You guys, I saw Kid Cudi x Kanye was coming December 31st...I didn't actually enter the thread at the time because I was busy...but what does it mean? Is it like an album or just a song or a what?

HiiiLife

You guys, I saw Kid Cudi x Kanye was coming December 31st...I didn't actually enter the thread at the time because I was busy...but what does it mean? Is it like an album or just a song or a what?

Release date for detox.

Brockhampton merch out. Couple nice pieces but nothin crazy. That joba shirt is 🔥 Tho

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Been waching the Dear White People series in the last few days (saw the movie last year too). A bit too on the nose (if that is the right term?) at parts, but I guess this does the job of clearly pointing out common hypocrisies/privileges to many oblivious (especially white) people - though sadly those who really need to see this probably wouldn't even watch it because of the title and content anyway.

The movie was waaaay too heavy-handed for me to try the TV show. Can't stand caricatures of characters for very long.

WaffleTaco

Been waching the Dear White People series in the last few days (saw the movie last year too). A bit too on the nose (if that is the right term?) at parts, but I guess this does the job of clearly pointing out common hypocrisies/privileges to many oblivious (especially white) people - though sadly those who really need to see this probably wouldn't even watch it because of the title and content anyway.
I watched it when it came out, and I liked the first few episodes, but wasn't a huge fan of the middle, and while the ending was decent enough I wasn't a fan. I'm mixed on it, and I am hoping they do better the second season. I really liked how they had different episodes for different characters.

it was some random dude speculating. Nothing official
I was so hyped =(
So how does everybody feel about Big Fish Theory? Been jamming it all week and damn Vince kills it.
I haven't listened to it since it came out, but I loved it then. Favourite rap album this year so far.

HiiiLife

Who knows what the man was thinking when he made this.

He still one of my favs this generation but it was disappointing for me, personally.

Dereck

So how does everybody feel about Big Fish Theory? Been jamming it all week and damn Vince kills it.
I feel that Vince Staples is too famous now and that Summertime 06 was a flash in a pan and not indicative of anything more substantial coming from his output later on.

Didn't like it

HiiiLife

I started watching game of thrones at the beginning of this month and I'm on season 5 already

Holy shit brehs

Shits lit. But I'm still a couple seasons behind and don't care to talk about it because everyone else basically spoils it IRL. Power is dope tho

WaffleTaco

I dig it, not as good as DAMN, 4:44, or Flower Boy tho
If Flower Boy that good? I haven't listened to Tyler before.

I started watching game of thrones at the beginning of this month and I'm on season 5 already

Holy shit brehs
I remember once I got into it, I watched the rest of the show over a 24 hour period...(I mean this was in 2012, so there was only 15 episodes left), but still. Enjoy!
Shits lit. But I'm still a couple seasons behind and don't care to talk about it because everyone else basically spoils it IRL. Power is dope tho

Smart idea, motherfuckers can't keep their mouths shut.

I'm so behind on TV.

I have to binge watch / catch up with "Claws", "People of Earth", "GLOW" and "Ozark". I'm not even going to bother starting "Game of Thrones" till it ends.

LionPride

Banned
If Flower Boy that good? I haven't listened to Tyler before.
He quits the problamatic nature of his previous music for the most part

It's an evolution of his previous album, Cherry Bomb. An album that many did not like, but I did so I was glad that Flower Boy was a better version of that effort. It's well produced and it's maybe my fourth favorite rap album of the year

WaffleTaco

It's an evolution of his previous album, Cherry Bomb. An album that many did not like, but I did so I was glad that Flower Boy was a better version of that effort. It's well produced and it's maybe my fourth favorite rap album of the year
Maybe I will give it a listen to, the name intrigues me. I am glad problematic nature is gone though (although I had no idea what it was lol)

Never even heard of any of these.

Two are Netlix shows (Glow and Ozark), People of Earth is a TBS show, and Claw is a TNT show.

Koozek

I'm so behind on TV.

I have to binge watch / catch up with "Claws", "People of Earth", "GLOW" and "Ozark". I'm not even going to bother starting "Game of Thrones" till it ends.
Ozark was great!

After Dear White People I'll probably finally start with Terrace House: Aloha State. The first Netflix-produced season was my guilty pleasure last year. Its premise is basically Big Brother with young Japanese folks, but it's way more classy and even when there's arguments they are all (mostly) polite and considerate, lol. And it took them nearly a whole season for some of the couples to even hold hands or kiss. The comedians and celebs commentating the events are hilarious too. Maybe it's the translation of the Japanese language in general, but it's really interesting to see how different they perceive and observe social situations.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert)

Catvoca

Banned
Aloha state is much worse than the first season. Because they move it from Japan to Hawaii you don't get that insight into Japanese culture anymore. A lot of the cast are people who have lived in America their whole lives and just also speak Japanese, it's weird. The casting is kinda weak all round. I'm like half way through part 3 and it's a slog compared to the original.

Koozek

Aloha state is much worse than the first season. Because they move it from Japan to Hawaii you don't get that insight into Japanese culture anymore. A lot of the cast are people who have lived in America their whole lives and just also speak Japanese, it's weird. The casting is kinda weak all round. I'm like half way through part 3 and it's a slog compared to the original.
Ohh, I see. Hm, in that case I probably won't watch it.

Reckoner

Impeccable taste

LionPride

Banned
Maybe I will give it a listen to, the name intrigues me. I am glad problematic nature is gone though (although I had no idea what it was lol)
He just said the F word...like a fuck ton and went for a lot of shock rap
Impeccable taste
I just like the potential that Cherry Bomb had, like, I can listen to it and tell that he wanted to do something better. I fucks with it, it's not great, but it's aight

Reckoner

He just said the F word...like a fuck ton and went for a lot of shock rap

I just like the potential that Cherry Bomb had, like, I can listen to it and tell that he wanted to do something better. I fucks with it, it's not great, but it's aight

I was saying it for real. I feel the same way about Cherry Bomb.

Koozek

Tried getting into Twin Peaks probably two, three times since my youth and I always quit after a few episodes. I loved Deadly Premonition, which everybody always compared to TP, so I tried getting into it again, but it still didn't work. Too much absurdity, too slow.

Tried getting into Twin Peaks probably two, three times since my youth and I always quit after a few episodes. I loved Deadly Premonition, which everybody always compared to TP, so I tried getting into it again, but it still didn't work. Too much absurdity, too slow.
How can a Final Fantasy fan complain about absurdity and slow-moving plots?

Koozek

How can a Final Fantasy fan complain about absurdity and slow-moving plots?
QGwJjyE.gif

LionPride

Banned

Nigga you like FF

Koozek

I swear, all of you always making fun of me for being a FF fan will feel fucking ashamed when they soon reveal FF Versus XV, this time actually directed by Nomura, and also FFXVI, which will be a masterpiece and bring the series back to glory finally, while also having FFVII Remake on the horizon. Let's see who has the last laugh.

6mSmY5B.png

HiResDes

Deadly Premonition is even more absurd than twin peaks.

I swear, all of you always making fun of me for being a FF fan will feel fucking ashamed when they soon reveal FF Versus XV, this time actually directed by Nomura, and also FFXVI, which will be a masterpiece and bring the series back to glory finally, while also having FFVII Remake on the horizon. Let's see who has the last laugh.

6mSmY5B.png

L
O
L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom