• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop presents: The 2012 Hip-Hop Awards (Results are up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
the highs of LFTU were dope: praying man, money on the floor, porchlight... just not enough of them and some puerile braindead attempts at bangers like Yea Dats Me... dude needs a budget and an A&R and a sense to know when hes makin some legit boring shyt

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is it safe to assume most of GAF disliked Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors? I thought it was better than everything other than GKMC.
Most of GAF thought it was too funky and liked Big Boi's previous effort better.

I've just concluded I don't like Big Boi's style. A lot of it feels like he's just trying to create wildly different sounding shit for the sake of it. A few hits, a few misses. Same way I feel about Chico Dusty really.

Macca

Most of GAF thought it was too funky and liked Big Boi's previous effort better.

I've just concluded I don't like Big Boi's style. A lot of it feels like he's just trying to create wildly different sounding shit for the sake of it. A few hits, a few misses. Same way I feel about Chico Dusty really.
Enzo opinion™

Awesome list except for Cruel Summer. Also Deniro Farrar > > Joey Bada$$

So much better. I feel like only a few of us were bumping him this year. Did nobody else bother giving him a listen last year or were they just not feeling it?

edit: muahahaha Q made number 2.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gonna check out Cancer 4 Cure and BFK after Wrath of Caine, since they're regarded so highly by GAF-Hop.

Mainly referring to him talking about Chico Dusty.
I tried to like it fam. I think there's a bunch of cool sounds on the album but Big Boi doesn't do much to bring them out. Yeah he flows over them pretty well, but he doesn't add anything for me, which brings me to those conclusions and why I think Big Boi just ain't for me.

I've always liked Outkast though, maybe I just can't tolerate a whole song of Big Boi without that counterbalance.

LFTU had some of the worst hooks I've ever heard in my life.
clearer you don't get this paper and slam these doors

Kusagari

clearer you don't get this paper and slam these doors

When I pull up it's over
I pull up it's over
When I pull up it's over
I pull up it's over
When I pull up it's over
I pull up it's over
When I pull up it's over
I pull up it's over
When I pull up it's over
I pull up it's over

Esch

Banned
hnc being #2 and russian roulette at #8 is enough to justify a million scusts

also ab souls boring ass and shitty cruel summer in the top ten

cdyhybrid

much love but ima need you to GTOH with this: kendrick earned the top spot, mike + nas in top 5 makes it a solid year
you know we've had much bigger upsets, im not seeing what's wrong with the upper tier here

okay i mean besides this
Recalibrate that sarcasm detector my man

Thought RAP Music was a lock for #2

Predictable list but solid nonetheless. Good to see Live From The Underground not squeezing in on some KRIT stannery shit

also ab souls boring ass and shitty cruel summer in the top ten

TDE street team rolling deep up in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom