• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop Presents The Albums of the Year 2010 Edition - Hosted By HiRes

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

HiResDes said:
Yeah I agree with some of those picks. but the voting was close as fuck as actually...So every single vote really mattered. But yeah, I think I was the only one that voted for Apollo Brown which was simply appalling to me

fuck, kinda feel bad for not voting now, i just hate having renowned shit up there that i hadt given a chance yet cause it makes my vote kinda ignorant.
i forget though - did Apollo Kids count or did it come out after the cutoff? that shit woulda ranked high as fuck if it did.

Edit: Pinko is my dawg, I don't know why he got banned...Hopefully it wasn't for something he said while in here, as we're all basically internet family as far as I'm concerned.

^^this :D

HiResDes

Yeah Apollo Kids counts, anything that came out officially before January 1st...I didn't end up counting Free Agent because it wasn't officially released

IrishNinja

wait wait wait so Apollo Kids was on the ballot, but didnt rank? that's harsh, im gonna write this off as being a late entry at best. album went hard enough to let me forgive that Ghostdini shit.

HiResDes

IrishNinja said:
wait wait wait so Apollo Kids was on the ballot, but didnt rank? that's harsh, im gonna write this off as being a late entry at best. album went hard enough to let me forgive that Ghostdini shit.
It came out so late dude, and people had already cast their ballots in...I don't blame anybody really. Plus I'm not sure Apollo Kids is going to have the replay value of say an album like In Search of Stoney Jackson or Marcberg

IrishNinja

you think? fuck i gotta relisten to stoney jackson. i can still bump fishscale/more fish at the gym and not get tired of it, i was so sure most of his stuff past iron man/wallets/clientele wouldnt do that for me, too...i still trip out at "holla" on pretty toney, for example.

HiResDes

IrishNinja said:
you think? fuck i gotta relisten to stoney jackson. i can still bump fishscale/more fish at the gym and not get tired of it, i was so sure most of his stuff past iron man/wallets/clientele wouldnt do that for me, too...i still trip out at "holla" on pretty toney, for example.

I could be wrong, but for me Apollo Kids is a collection of a bunch of great songs, but not necessarily a great album in of itself...If that makes any sense at all :lol

IrishNinja

nah, i can kinda feel that - you mean, like, cohesion? i.e., thematically? cause what i heard prior of cunninlynguist was hit-or-miss for me, but Death is Silent came together really well, like this weird/interesting conceptual experiment on a topic im crazy interested in...if im not on the same page as you here, ima blame whiskey:lol

HiResDes

IrishNinja said:
nah, i can kinda feel that - you mean, like, cohesion? i.e., thematically? cause what i heard prior of cunninlynguist was hit-or-miss for me, but Death is Silent came together really well, like this weird/interesting conceptual experiment on a topic im crazy interested in...if im not on the same page as you here, ima blame whiskey:lol

No that's pretty much spot on

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I dont see how anybody can have issue with this list. Yes some great albums were left off but take a look at any other top album list from any other website or publication and tell me that our gaf list doesn't kick the shit out of it as far as variety and quality.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
siddx said:
I dont see how anybody can have issue with this list. Yes some great albums were left off but take a look at any other top album list from any other website or publication and tell me that our gaf list doesn't kick the shit out of it as far as variety and quality.

I don't know West at number makes me hate the list from the get.

And Yelawof... Yeah...I can see how it looks like he has a decent future but that album was not all that good, but the kid does have some wordplay.. Too bad being signed to Shady Aftermath have made sure he will be compared to Em forever... Just being not black was enough to draw them, but now it is for sure going to happen

So let me get this, a lot of the GAF-HOP regulars didn't vote or didn't know about the voting process??? Damn, make sense now. But still, I'm shocked by no Ghostface, like for real. Fuck it, here's my list that I meant to put up this week.

1.J.Cole-Friday Night Lights

2.The Left-Gas Mask

3.GhostFace Killah-Apollo Kids

4.SHAD-TSOL

5.Debaser-Peerless

6.Apollo Brown-The Reset

7.The Roots-How I Won Over

8.Wiseman-Children Of A Lesser God

9.Skyzoo/Illmind-Tape Deck

10.Custom Made-Hi Def

11.Eternia And Moss-At Last

12.Hell Razah- Heaven Razah

13.DJ Muggz vs Ill Bill-Kill Devil Hills

14.Kno-Death Is Silent

15.Joe Kickass-Mind Joe

16.K. Sparks- The Trilogy Chapter 2

17.Moka Only-Four

18.Mallz/E Dot Spencer-Triumph

19.Devin The Dude-Suite 420

20.Reef The Lost Cause- Fight Music

HiResDes

If I were to revise my list at all I'd definitely be more inclined to put The Left - Gas Mask or Rakaa's Crown of Thorns at the #10 than Apollo Kids...I like to think of myself as one of the biggest GFK fans, but yeah I guess I am not feeling the album as much as you guys, especially when taken as a full package. Also the lack of Roc Marciano, Deacon the Villain, Rakaa, and S.A.S for a supposed boom bap guy is kind of puzzling.

Edit: Also the voting thread was linked to in the Gaf-Hop thread and bumped several times by me, so it wasn't like we didn't try to get more participation...People just kept ignoring it

see5harp

siddx said:
Are you really this stupid? Or are you just trolling?

edit: HA I GOT YOU FOO!!!!!

Yea, I got caught not reading the thread title. Roots, Rick Ross, Kanye, Big Boi and the Ghostface would hit my top 50 though.

Threi

notag
siddx said:
As much as i would like to shit on the list for conway being #1 i can't because Shad is in the top 10. That alone puts this list above any other one a hip-hop site would list (which, let's be honest, would have conway #1 as well, with drake and maybe big boi rounding out the top 3)

HiResDes said:
It came out so late dude, and people had already cast their ballots in...I don't blame anybody really. Plus I'm not sure Apollo Kids is going to have the replay value of say an album like In Search of Stoney Jackson or Marcberg

Yea, not only did Apollo Kids come out late most people kinda figured it would be some thrown together project to fulfill Ghost's Def Jam contract; at least that's what I thought, and he's my favorite rapper. But the album is surprisingly good. Still, I didn't have as much time to listen to it as I did stuff like Kno's album, The Roots, etc.

HiResDes said:
If I were to revise my list at all I'd definitely be more inclined to put The Left - Gas Mask or Rakaa's Crown of Thorns at the #10 than Apollo Kids...I like to think of myself as one of the biggest GFK fans, but yeah I guess I am not feeling the album as much as you guys, especially when taken as a full package. Also the lack of Roc Marciano, Deacon the Villain, Rakaa, and S.A.S for a supposed boom bap guy is kind of puzzling.

Edit: Also the voting thread was linked to in the Gaf-Hop thread and bumped several times by me, so it wasn't like we didn't try to get more participation...People just kept ignoring it
I didn't put SAS in there because is technically a 2009 album. I got to hear the full album in October of that year, but it was release early last year. So I guess I would put it at three. I like Macberg(A lot actually)but I consider it to be a typical NY record(Hence the lack of CNN in my list)Nothing wrong with that, but I felt other albums were better suited for my list than the typical "NY" stuff. And plus, so many good records came out this year, it wouldn't be fair to fill it up with a lot of NY stuff.

The Rakka album......it didn't grow at me at all. i really enjoy the production in that record, but his LA Darkman flow threw me off, man. i rather listen to the real deal. People enjoy the record when I play it on my sets, and I always recommended to heads. I see as a album that would grow on me in the near future. Decon...i feel bad now, i didn't get a chance to listen to that record. I get too much music a month, give a brother a break, lol.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
ShinobiFist said:
So let me get this, a lot of the GAF-HOP regulars didn't vote or didn't know about the voting process??? Damn, make sense now. But still, I'm shocked by no Ghostface, like for real. Fuck it, here's my list that I meant to put up this week.

*list*
come on man, even i didn't vote but you don't see me putting up my list (even though my list would be something close to this) This list belongs in the gaf hop thread and you know it :lol
Also no kanye SERIOUSLY? Why so mad?

shadowcomplex said:
come on man, even i didn't vote but you don't see me putting up my list (even though my list would be something close to this) This list belongs in the gaf hop thread and you know it :lol
Also no kanye SERIOUSLY? Why so mad?
DAT SPOILER:lol Hey, at least SHAD made it to the GAF-HOP list.

Grzi

Whoa, I missed this topic. I like how it turned out, for the most part.

The Ghostface album came out too late, definitely, and I didn't feel like changing my list. I think it would have placed better on the list if it came out a few weeks earlier.

I like the Teflon Don love :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom