• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Incubus Presents: Morning View XXIII - A re recording of the 2001 album

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Morning View XXIII is a faithful re-hash of the album front to back (plus a few newly-added sonic detours), it’s a great excuse to rediscover the glory of these songs. Morning View 20 would have probably been a stickier title, but alas — 23 will do.

GLh5gj9.jpeg

This album was a big one for me. October 2001, sophomore year of college, immediate post 9/11. A lot was happening. In between bong hits, class and watching the news the album was pretty much playing non stop for months. What was a big relationship album for Boyd was also a big relationship album for me. This is a great one to listen to after a break up (on either end).

Fox News, weed, class, CNN, parties, beer pong, blowjobs driving to class, Fox News and....Morning View. 2001.

What a time to be alive.

Bonus for the Lizzo fans. It's actually a pretty cool performance. And those are Mike's kids and wife playing the strings.

tkscz

I've always wanted to get into this band since I heard Privilege as a kid but never took the time to so I'll give the album a listen.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I've always wanted to get into this band since I heard Privilege as a kid but never took the time to so I'll give the album a listen.

It's the one that really blew them up after the popularity of "Drive". They were playing arena shows for a time when this album was out. Saw them 2x during the MV tour.

Most people would argue that MV was peak Incubus, especially since longtime bassist Dirk Lance exited afterwards. The Ben Kenney years were good but there was a definite sound shift.

Now Ben has left due to illness and their new bassist is this chick who's pretty fuckin good.

Last edited:
Jolly good album, wish you were here and 11AM will forever be in rotation in my rock playlist.
The whole album is all killer no filler...

Shame that they couldn't recapture that magic and have kind of fallen into obscurity.

Same thing as Bush - while a different era band, Gavin couldn't quite recapture that 16 stone and razorblade suitcase stardom...

Last edited:

Gameboy415

Incubus was my favorite band back in my High School & College days (Class of 01 & 05, respectively) and this album was basically the soundtrack to my Freshman year of college!
I haven't really kept up with them since 'A Crow Left of the Murder' but I still love their older albums so I need to check this out.

Top Bottom