• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF i miss the 90s Chicago Bulls

bionic77

No one is ever going to surpass or be greater than Jordan at being a bitch ass bitch who rode Scottie and co's coattails to some rings.

He didn't do shit without Pip.

Also 90s Lakers were the best team from that decade so this thread is all kinds of wrong.

90s NBA was godlike. Yes, the game is "better" because it's more efficient or whatever...but I don't care. Even watching with an analytical/sabermetric eye with hoops experience now, 90s hoops passes the eye test and is more aesthetically pleasing to me. 00s fuckball sucks, though. We can all agree on that, yeah?

Mahonay

Banned
No one is ever going to surpass or be greater than Jordan at being a bitch ass bitch who rode Scottie and co's coattails to some rings.

Also 90s Lakers were the best team from that decade so this thread is all kinds of wrong.
I didn't know players were required to win with shit teams.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
I have a 90's Bulls plastic locker in my shed. It was about as tall as me when my dad bought it at the hardware store. You can store yearbook sized books and hang your backpack in it. It came with a bunch of number stickers, but I'm sure 98% of them got 23 stuck on the front. So, It's pretty sweet, and totally rad.

I miss the 90s Hornets, still got my vintage shirt that I got from a store here in Germany back then, haha

hornetsfrontuisat.jpg
hornetsback2dume.jpg

I was born in 86 so I kinda missed Maradona, instead while growing up it was MJ the one seen as some kind of demi-god. In a very different era, I don't think people who didn't go through can really grasp how Michael Jordan became revered during 95-96 or so. You can't really compare, what he meant for the league, for the sport internationally and how much better he was than anyone back then, to the reality of today.

Noirulus

Speaking of the 90s the world feels so foreign nowadays, compared to the friendly 90s. Everybody's glued to their phones and the internet, everything is connected, etc. I'm not even that old, im in my mid 20s, so I don't know if it's just nostalgia or things really were better.

MastAndo

I miss the 90s Hornets, still got my vintage shirt that I got from a store here in Germany back then, haha

hornetsfrontuisat.jpg
hornetsback2dume.jpg
My Hornets Starter jacket was my favorite article of clothing ever;
de6e5a2dab23841027ab3cd44181c8bb.jpg

...wish I still had it. :(

I wasn't a fan of the team or anything, just liked their colors...and LJ, of course.

I miss 90's MLB a lot more than 90's NBA, honestly. Ken Griffey Jr. Maddux/Smoltz/Glavine. Bonds and A-Rod before they got all roided up. Pedro Martinez. Kirby Puckett. Even the Yankees coming out of 20 years of mismanagement to build a dynasty was good, because sometimes you need the Evil Empire.

Really wish those early 90's Pirates could've won a championship. I'm not really a Pirates fan, but my dad lived there at the time, and we would go to the games when I visited in the summer. That was a very fun team to watch.

Don't forget the Jays! Paul Molitor, Joe Carter, Alomar, that was the team to beat!

Sorry Chicago, the Cubs winning the World Series used up all the good karma in the city. You aren't winning any more championships in any sports for a long time.

Luschient

Found LaVar Ball's GAF account

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

LOL - that much salt is really bad for you.

That first Kemp dunk is just pure fire. Probably my favorite from the 90s even surpassing the Pippen over Ewing dunk. If he did that in todays NBA that would be multiple technical fouls.

jahepi

In the late nineties i had the fortune to watch a live game between Mavericks and Spurs, it was a dream watching them played (Duncan and Robinson), i always wanted to see Michael Jordan live.

My Hornets Starter jacket was my favorite article of clothing ever;
de6e5a2dab23841027ab3cd44181c8bb.jpg

...wish I still had it. :(

I wasn't a fan of the team or anything, just liked their colors...and LJ, of course.

Man, the old hornet looked so much better and cooler

I had this same tshirt... and I lived in freakin Boston. Loved the Hornets and Magic as a kid.

It's funny, I was a Hornets fan in the 90s and my younger brother was a Magic fan, so I was kinda rooting for them too.

Malvolio

Sorry Chicago, the Cubs winning the World Series used up all the good karma in the city. You aren't winning any more championships in any sports for a long time.

I've seen every major Chicago team win a championship. I'm OK with letting lesser cities have a chance.

Top Bottom