• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Ourobolus

Banned
Got confirmation (or thread posts) from most people, just waiting on:

Haly
cooljeanius
Visualante2
Zubz
Burbeting
Septimus Prime
TheGoddamn

Ready to throw down in Crabs group. I was excited for Danganronpa mafia, but in the end ots the group that makes the most drama, not the theme.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, I'm just PMing the three game-runners/two game-tutors with a link to a checklist and quick guide now.

EDIT: done.

Final thing which should be up shortly is a very basic strategies guide - a "why should I vote X" rather than a "how to vote X", if you see what I mean. Hold off the role PMs just a mo longer.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Actually, on second thoughts, I probably shouldn't write the strategy guide myself as I'm just about to play. I have one mostly written, but I think I'll release it later after testing it a little. For now, moderators should probably just link to:

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=A_Beginner's_Guide_to_Being_Awesome_At_Mafia

and

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/301748-a-general-guide-to-mafia

which are both very insightful.

I now leave things entirely up to the game-runners. :D The only very last thing I have to say is that I would like to see if we can experiment with people trading into different games next season, and because of that, I want to see what impact knowledge of flavour is having on play. I'd therefore like to ask every game-runner to, possibly when the Role PM is sent, also ask each player if they have any prior experience or not of the flavour/theme of their game, and just note that down. Don't tell me yet, as that can influence the way people play, but it'll make for useful for data when this season is finished.

As soon as all three game-runners have made any last-minute adjustments and sent out all the role PMs, Karkador or MattyG can let a moderator know this can be moved back to Community, so remember to hit Subscribe just to be on the safe side.

RetroMG

I'm sure this is obvious, but if the mods could post each of their threads in here, that would be great. (I've got Ouro's already.) I want to try to follow the Archer and Danganronpa games as well as my own, and I'm sure others do, too.

Palmer_v1

Can I not just make fun of Retro in peace, guys?

t8mb0Vv.gif

Zatoth

Sorry. Should have included the link in the confirmation message.

Crab, can you add the links to the games in the first post?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry. Should have included the link in the confirmation message.

Crab, can you add the links to the games in the first post?

Sure, I'm just waiting on LaunchpadMcQ's game to be posted.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It'll be later today or tomorrow. I suppose I can throw it up without finishing this last thing; I'll add it in later so people don't start overanalyzing it early.

In your own time, don't worry.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Should have been called Loser of Castamere, amirite?

El Topo

Stop bullying Castamere. He may not have won, but he survived quite some time and did his best, doesn't that count?

El Topo

Come on, maybe he's not as good as AbsolutBro, Karkador, kingkitty, MattyG, Palmer_v1, Timeaisis, tomakasatnav, traube, Zippedpinhead, Barrylocke, egruntz, Duress, johnnyquicknives, Foshy, Ward, Kalor, irfanaator, Amir0x, nin1000, Rembrandt, pants, Quantumbro, StayDead, RobotNinjaHornets, ultron_87, Xpike, Haly, SalvaPot, Darryl, Mazre, Hobohodo, Razmos, Tucah, freakzilla149, Ourobolus, RetroGamer42, franconp, squidyj, EzekelRAGE, Coppanuva, LaunchpadMcQ, Hippiehobo, Terrabyte20xx, traube, Redhood56, exmachina64, OceanicAir, TheWorthyEdge, Zubz, Blargonaut, swamped, Setre, Makai, CzarTim, MattAttack, raindoc, ejawa, Seath or YesNOnoNOYes, but he's better than all the other veterans.

You guys are way too harsh on him.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Given that traube isn't playing this round, the real question is whether LoC can become the first player to go 0-3 in GAF Mafia history.

Top Bottom