• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Photography Q1 - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcrae

something like perfect resize by onOne will do a better job than photoshop. Also some believe that blowing them up incrementally by 15% will produce a better result than going straight to your final print size, but i've never actually tested this.

if you don't want to tell with it at all, there are also some pro labs that will do the resize for you. Just saw one the other day, I could probably find it again if you wanted it.

wow. yeah i was just going to blow it up in photoshop and hope for the best. pretty glad i asked the follow up question. i think i'll just play around with Perfect Resize, trying to keep the budget low on this. thanks.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
wow. yeah i was just going to blow it up in photoshop and hope for the best. pretty glad i asked the follow up question. i think i'll just play around with Perfect Resize, trying to keep the budget low on this. thanks.

whats your final print size?

dmshaposv

425986_271945229544923_100001883439073_623695_323706680_n.jpg

Sometimes I'm really surprised by the quality of the iPhone camera.

Give it enough light, and the iphone camera IQ is comparable to downscaled DSLR photos (besides the ability to create shallow DOF).

Red

Give it enough light, and the iphone camera IQ is comparable to downscaled DSLR photos (besides the ability to create shallow DOF).
I've seen 4s pics with pleasant DoF. As an Android owner, the IPhone camera is probably the #1 thing I am envious of.

dmshaposv

I've seen 4s pics with pleasant DoF. As an Android owner, the IPhone camera is probably the #1 thing I am envious of.

I wait for the day when iphone cameras allow complete manual exposure, a max wide aperture of 1.4 (4s is 2.4 so just a couple of models/stops down) and touch screen follow focusing for videos. Bye bye dslr filmaking!

olbareun

I wait for the day when iphone cameras allow complete manual exposure, a max wide aperture of 1.4 (4s is 2.4 so just a couple of models/stops down) and touch screen follow focusing for videos. Bye bye dslr filmaking!

Even if it was f1.4 It won't be the same due to sensor size.

Red

I've already seen a few pretty good shorts shot on an iPhone. It really is an impressive camera in itself.

My Droid Bionic is absolutely fucking terrible for stills. Like, one of the worst phone cameras I've ever used. Shutter speed is always slow even in bright light, the image stabilization is so poor that everything turns into a muddy, ghosted mess, and the AF takes so long to find a sharp point that I miss nearly every shot I'm after. If something is moving, I'm out of luck.

The video isn't so bad except for the poor AF. But it turns out 1080p footage that looks pretty nice as long as the lighting is sufficient.

Thanks guys! It makes the trip worth it a bit more - It wasn't an easy climb at all!

Pixel Pete, INCREDIBLE shots! Do you have a Flickr account? I'd like to add you :3

I do, but it's out of date somewhat. A good a reason as any to update it.
My Flickr Page

For what it's worth I think my flickr usually has more photos than my 500px. I'm much pickier with my 500px account and only put my favourites on there.

edit: oh crap, forgot to mention the location was Mount Warning in NSW, Australia.

Red

I went on a short road trip this weekend and tried playing with the camera on my phone. These shots are really, really lo-fi, but I liked the colors in them and think they get the idea of "American Midwest road trip" across pretty clearly.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Prop for the 'Toys' photo assignment. Got this letter opener as a souvenir when I was a kid at a local medieval (and various other ages) armor museum...

6905961871_f69797afc3_b.jpg

Photos Itook for the toy assaignment.

NZqBbl.jpg

89xcQl.jpg

MdkNWl.jpg

This last one is for you GAF.
2mSYTl.jpg

Not sure which to enter. I'm thinkin the Mario one. I only have 20 or so min to decide hah.

Gabyskra

Banned

What the hell does that even mean? How much of a downscale are we talking about anyway? That's like saying, if you take a great cake and you reduce it to crumbs, it's pretty much like an Oreo...

There's no need to go overboard with such comments.

Menelaus

Banned
Tagged along with my running buddies to the Color Run 5k in Dallas yesterday. What an awesome event!!

IMG0821-XL.jpg

IMG0818-XL.jpg

IMG0880-XL.jpg

IMG0898-XL.jpg

IMG0954-L.jpg

Full gallery...I'll definitely be running this the next time it's in town, but I just couldn't pass up the chance to shoot it first.

Does anyone have some links that would help a beginner with taking pics?

I started last summer and stopped around beginning of fall but am looking to get back into it.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Does anyone have some links that would help a beginner with taking pics?

I started last summer and stopped around beginning of fall but am looking to get back into it.

Buy "Understanding Exposure" from a bookstore. It's like $20 and an amazing book for starting out. I just bought my dad a camera for Christmas and gave him that book a few weeks later and he's already learned a ton from it.

Red

Goddamn the 4S camera is nice. Every time I see shots like that I'm impressed.

Good job on your end as well, KennyLinder. Really like the close up on the typewriter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom