• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF the GAME! (XNA) one-sheet voting thread

Out of the design docs below, which one would you like to see as a full-fledged game?

Results are only viewable after voting.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
ShutEye said:
Getting your grove, groove, grope all the same to me.

:lol

There's still 2 more days until the poll ends, folks! Let's get voting!!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Himuro was going for the Princess Peach sequel he so desperately craves.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
terrene said:
Question: how do you create a poll? I thought only mods could do that.

BuddyC helped us make the poll.

terrene

Banned
Ah, thanks.

I'm a busy guy and not the most active GAF member ever, but to the project leaders: don't forget that I'm really excited to compose some music / do sound effects for this project.

thetrin

terrene said:
Ah, thanks.

I'm a busy guy and not the most active GAF member ever, but to the project leaders: don't forget that I'm really excited to compose some music / do sound effects for this project.

Well, if you're interested in staying up on the happenings of the project, be sure to keep an eye on the dev blog: http://gafgame.blogspot.com

Don't forget to fill out the questionaire in the first post if you want to contribute, you wonderful people, you.

P.S. - VOTE.

thetrin

Himuro said:
Nayan Ramachandran

Pronounce this!

Yea I know. My real name is crazy long. :S

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I voted for the one I felt has the most chance of actually being MADE/COMPLETED, as I think many people involved underestimate how complex game creation is.

GAF's first project absolutely must be a single-screen arcade-style title.

Fake edit: Well not *strictly* single screen since I voted for the Sky Carnival platformer, but a platformer solely focused on platforming is basically all about it's physics engine. Get it down pat at the rest (level design, graphics, art) is grazy.

Wunderchu

hi.. ummm I voted for Last Alarm .., but I didn't read the part where it was stated "that voting means you are committing to contributing."

I am not contributing, so please discount my vote for Last Alarm .. sorry about that

thetrin

Wunderchu said:
hi.. ummm I voted for Last Alarm .., but I didn't read the part where it was stated "that voting means you are committing to contributing."

I am not contributing, so please discount my vote for Last Alarm .. sorry about that

Well I suppose forum interest is helpful too. But yea, please read the poll next time. :p

Zaptruder

Banned
Yeah, somehow I don't think we have some 200 odd gaffers wanting to help out on the game.

That said, looks like Last Alarm has it pretty much wrapped up. Shame on you for not giving some credit to Sp0rks though, from which you derived the idea.

So, boss... when are we gonna start working on this one? :p

thetrin

Zaptruder said:
Yeah, somehow I don't think we have some 200 odd gaffers wanting to help out on the game.

That said, looks like Last Alarm has it pretty much wrapped up. Shame on you for not giving some credit to Sp0rks though, from which you derived the idea.

So, boss... when are we gonna start working on this one? :p

I derived the idea from sp0rsk? Tell me more.

Wunderchu said:

Don't sweat it. We'll figure out whether or not we want to count votes from non-applicants after the polls close.

VOTE IF YOU HAVE A SOUL.

thetrin

Attack You said:
Don't sweat it. We'll figure out whether or not we want to count votes from non-applicants after the polls close.

VOTE IF YOU HAVE A SOUL.

I`m a soulless husk of generic rage, and I voted. NO ONE HAS AN EXCUSE.

thetrin

Fight for Freeform said:
With all those people willing to help out...you could make each and every game on that poll!

That would be a perfect plan, if all the members weren`t working stiffs or college students doing this in their spare time. :)

thetrin

Zaptruder said:
You didn't? Thought this was the first idea that sproks came up with... the shooter boss rush thing.

If not, my apologies!

Nah, I told sp0rsk about the idea, and he offered some suggestions on how he thought it could be made cooler.

Tre and I were talking about the idea way back.

HAY GUYZ. VOTE.

(Sorry, I do not have enough time to think of a better reason to bump this thread before I run off to class.)

Thanks to everyone who voted -- and double thanks to those of you with two accounts here.

As corny as it sounds, I have an improved outlook about my platformer idea because of this poll. Even though "Sky Carnival" lost, to know it acquired so many votes against some great ideas -- especially the more action-oriented ones -- definitely instills more confidence in me to flesh it out into a full design doc and pursue a project with it at a later time.

thetrin

Thanks to everyone who voted! We were supposed to have a netmeeting this weekend to discuss the next step of the game. I will be at TGS from today until monday afternoon, so there will be no netmeeting this weekend.

Instead, if the team could choose a project lead for Neogaf the Neogame (seeing as I will be heading up Last Alarm), that would be excellent.

Once a project lead is decided upon, we will allocate teams at the next netmeeting, which is set to be the sunday after this one. Since I feel a voice meeting would be best (if possible), please try to dig out a microphone if you have one. If a voice meeting is not possible we will hold a regular IRC meeting.

In the meantime, just enjoy TGS, and I will see you all at the netmeeting next sunday!

Everyone, please remember that we have a development blog to keep everyone updated on the game's progress: http://gafgame.blogspot.com Please make sure to check it as often as possible, as it will become the most important resource for those who do not idle in the gafgame IRC channel.

Please also try to visit the IRC channel often, as it is where we will be having meetings.

Top Bottom