• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF... The Hell is this? (NFL Rush Zone: Season of the Guardians)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

So, while on vacation, I happened to be bored early in the morning with nothing yet to do in the day and unfortunately little to watch as much of the television provided in my room was in Spanish. However, I found an English version of Nickelodeon, and figured I'd see what was on there nowadays. And then this show came on, and I was honestly a little shocked by the shear stupidity of its concept.

NFL Rush Zone: Season of the Guardians

nfl-rush-zone.jpg

nfl-rush-zone-grin-and-bear-it-cart-c-m2n.jpg

Now, admittedly I've only seen one episode of this, so maybe I'm judging it "unfairly." And I realize that there's been been so, so many stupid shows marketed towards children (IE Loonatics Unleashed is also a mindnumbingly terrible idea). But DAMN this is stupid.

The episode I saw showed a team of power-rangers-esque calculating diverse line-up of children with the apparent ability to turn power up into football themed suits, all assisted by a... football professor (?) who is apparently a hologram/Zordon, who apparently have to stop evil football robots that I... think the professor guy made (?). So anyway, the episode has the kids use their awesome ability to travel through factoids about football teams that assault the viewer in order to hop between football stadiums or something, all so they can "help out" with the awesome charity projects or whatever that key members of teams are helping out with. I honestly don't know if these were big names or not because I REALLY don't keep up with football, but they were sure to give you a synopsis with epic music whenever a player/coach appeared on screen. And then some evil robots appeared to put the kids to sleep and then they have to work together to escape from their greatest fears or some crap.

I think with that I might be able to write it off as a derivative Power Rangers knockoff filled with massive product placement for the NFL but... jesus, look at what they did to the team logos up there. They just took the logo and added arms and feet and... ugh. They're just plain creepy. I honestly don't have any idea why they're there or what there "backstory" may be in the show from what I watched, but those are just terrible/terrifying designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom