• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Note 20 revealed; Launch August 21st.

cryptoadam

Banned

Regarding technical specifications, both the Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra feature Qualcomm’s 5G-capable Snapdragon 865+ processor and start at 128GB of storage, though the Ultra also has a configuration that features 512GB of storage.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Samsung officially reveals Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra

The Note 20 Ultra’s 6.9-inch curved Dynamic AMOLED screen measures in at 3,088 x 1440 pixels with a 21:9 aspect ratio and a 120Hz refresh rate. It’s important to note that, according to Samsung, the Note 20 Ultra’s screen can’t run at 120Hz when set to 3,088 x 1,440 pixel resolution, just like the S20 Ultra. Other Note 20 Ultra specs include a 4,500mAh battery, an in-display fingerprint sensor, 12GB of RAM and Android 10. On the other hand, the Note 20 features a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED 2,400 x 1,800 pixel display with a 20:9 aspect ratio and a 60Hz refresh rate. Other Note 20 specs include a 4,300mAh battery, an in-display fingerprint sensor, 8GB of RAM and Android 10. In terms of cameras, the Note 20 Ultra features a 108-megapixel, 48-megapixel and 12-megapixel camera, on its rear. The front-facing camera comes in at 10-megapixels.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Samsung officially reveals Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra

The 128GB Note 20, which is available in new ‘Mystic Bronze’ and ‘Mystic Green’ colours, is also available in ‘Mystic Grey,’ and costs $1,399 CAD. The 128GB Note 20 Ultra costs $1,818, and the 512GB configuration costs $2,029. Ultra colours include ‘Mystic Bronze’ and ‘Mystic Black.’

Sorry Yanks and Brits you will need to convert that yourself.

jjHapui.jpg

SpartanN92

Banned
I have a regular Note 10 and I think for the first time since I got my first Note (3) I'm skipping the new one. I like the smaller Note form factor and the plastic body/lack of high refresh rate feels like a let down.

If they would make a 6.1" Note with a flat screen, Glass back and high refresh rate I'd buy it in an instant.

dcll

Banned
I tried watching a clip on YouTube about the Bud Lives and it was like the presenter was a toddler TV show.host, those buds should be awesome though

-Arcadia-

Banned
I just can't spend this kind of money on luxury features and quality I don't need, especially for a device that ages so quickly, and be okay with it anymore. They were pushing it at $700 and $800 and the prices today are ridiculous.

That said, it is really cool to see what the new top-of-the-line looks like.

Last edited:

Durask

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I'm still rocking my S10+ and can't find a good enough reason to buy another phone any time soon.

I don't give a shit about cameras being better and that seems like the only thing they keep updating to convince you to keep spending more.

Raphael

I paid 400€ for a mate 20 pro a year ago, and i just feel i wont find that value ever again. I will probably keep it for 2 - 3 more years at least if i wont damage it. A bit better display and camera doesnt just cut it for me. Unfolding phones would seem like something i would like to upgrade to, but im not paying the asking price, will wait until i can get a decent model for 600€ and upragde then.

Grinchy

Banned
I'd love to see screen sizes get larger, cameras get lesser, no more front-facing retard cam for selfies, and a lower price point.

Then have a second model where you charge twice as much just because a bunch of idiots have been tricked into thinking they need professional photography to take pictures of their lunch.

Setzer

Yeah, I'll be sticking with my Note 9.

I mean, I really dig the 120hz brighter OLED screen and the camera. It's definitely tempting. Samsung would give me $550 for my Note 9. It's just giving up the headphone jack, iris scanner and GearVR would suck.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I have an iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil and I just really like using a stylus.

I was thinking of getting a Note 20 Ultra for that reason but holy shit it is HUGE. And it's not even right to call it a camera bump, it's more like a camera plateau at this point. I am a phonelet (still using iPhone 8) but how do people carry around these things lmao.

Top Bottom