• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Battle: Wave Race vs. Jet Moto

Sanjuro

Jet Moto
JjaT6lE.png

(PS1) Jet Moto
(PS1) Jet Moto 2
(PS1) Jet Moto 3

KNxWpwD.jpg

qpjKqvg.png

miCCHHc.jpg

Wave Race
gfjChJ5.png

(GB) Wave Race
(N64) Wave Race 64
(GC) Wave Race: Blue Storm

akQuJRO.gif

mp63bsQ.jpg

RClR8g3.jpg

Choose your champion of jet ski combat! Wave Race 64 was arguably the most impressive in terms of showcase ability and physics for it's time. The Jet Moto series provide a giant mash-up of racing, as it ranged from traditional water skiing to almost a Wipeout racing environment.

Trago

Jet Moto has aged like dogshit compared to Wave Race. Jet Moto has more memorable music though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jet Moto has aged like dogshit compared to Wave Race. Jet Moto has more memorable music though.
I feel like wave race's framerate really kills it for me today. But I didn't play jet Moto back in the day so I don't know what the framerate was there.

Waverace 64 gave me goosebumps.

Waverace Blue Storm gave me a rash.

Didn't really play the Jet Moto games though I'd love to see it reimagined on PS4.

Trago

I feel like wave race's framerate really kills it for me today. But I didn't play jet Moto back in the day so I don't know what the framerate was there.

Not any better really. But considering I was raised in that era, I don't mind as much.

Moofers

I never played Wave Race but I was a big fan of Jet Moto. Those tracks were so amazing and the music was great. Plus the first one shared some music with it's sister series, Twisted Metal.

Love it. I'd love to see it come back.

Sayter

WR64 was the shit back in the day. It's still a pretty decent racer IMO.

The announcer was the best. 'BANZAIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!'

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Wave Race 64 by a mile.

It's not really fair to compare the two, though. Jet Moto was an arcade racer, Wave Race 64 was a jet-ski simulator. It's like trying to compare Cruisin' USA and Gran Tourismo.

RM8

Jet Moto is more arcade-like, which I prefer. But Wave Race is still pretty awesome, I even enjoyed the Game Boy game :p

Wave Race 64 is best of the bunch, no contest for me. Jet Moto is the better series. Blue Storm and 1080 Avalanche are decent enough games but what a drop in quality from the N64 entries.

Unicorn

Jet Moto deserves a comeback the most. It hasn't aged spectacularly, whereas Wave Race has a few goldens.

I love Jet Moto a lot more - It's like the corporate shill motorcycle half-brother of WipEout.

Jet moto was an amazing game. My friends and I put so many hours into that game. There needs to be a re-imagining for the PS4.

Elixist

wave race. the physics, graphics and the controls were ahead of their time. although i loved jet moto and played the shit out of it as well. i loved the bayou music and their accompanying races with the tan grass "barriers" . they were both pretty unique. i'd love to see either make a comeback as a pure arcade racer like 30 dollar downloadable 15 tracks or so.

Hoje0308

Banned
I'd buy a new console to play Wave Race. Hell, I'd do that to play a remaster. Jet Moto could probably be really cool on PS4, but it was never as good in my opinion.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Is this supposed to be a serious "vs"? There has never been a moment for me where Jet Moto didn't look like ass.

Wave Race annihilates JM easily. It's a no contest.

I've actually never played a Wave Race game so I can't say which one's better. i will say though that Jet Moto rocked, especially Jet Moto 2. Game was kinda challenging, but those tracks and dat soundtrack.

Jet Moto had some fun courses . . . but I tried to play the game a year or two ago and it did not hold up well.

Wave Race, however. Wave Race was awesome.

psychotron

Wave Race. The music, the graphics, the physics. I rode a fucking dolphin! I liked Jet Moto too but Wave Race had charm.

Top Bottom