• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Grumps (aka Egoraptor plays some games)

Sushi Nao

Truly, this is what the people want.

Also, I've got to say, the TTYD run is making me sad. TTYD is an amazing game, but all of their funny voices are way more grating to me than usual.

Funny, this is the one I've enjoyed the most in a while, specifically because of the voices.

Dan says he won't take any damage during the first fight, leads everybody to think maybe he knows how to block, proceeds to take damage and not block.

Dan accidentally blocks, doesn't realize it, game says "Nice!", and he says "No, not nice!"

Arin keeps telling Dan to interact with the bushes even though he's already interacting with them.

This playthrough...

Why so few views?

Elija2

It mightve played through their twitch? Or maybe its a patreon thing? Either way I dont think thats an official M64 youtube..

No, it's official. The video was exclusive to their Patreon until a few days ago.

As for why the video doesn't have that many views, my guess is because it's on Mega64's side channel and because Game Grumps isn't even mentioned in the title.

I think the TTYD playthrough is good. Its been fun to listen to and I dont really care if they play games well but they gotta get their shit together and at least figure out the base mechanics of the game if they want to actually beat it

I think the TTYD playthrough is good. Its been fun to listen to and I dont really care if they play games well but they gotta get their shit together and at least figure out the base mechanics of the game if they want to actually beat it
That's what my problem with the playthrough was when we first thought they weren't going to continue it. I'm assuming they've only continued because this particular playthrough might be doing well in terms of views or something.

I want them to start actually enjoying the game, rather than complaining and not enjoying certain aspects of it just because they weren't paying attention. I want them to eventually understand and like the game enough to play it to completion rather than dropping it like they do with most of the games they play.

That's what my problem with the playthrough was when we first thought they weren't going to continue it. I'm assuming they've only continued because this particular playthrough might be doing well in terms of views or something.

I want them to start actually enjoying the game, rather than complaining and not enjoying certain aspects of it just because they weren't paying attention. I want them to eventually understand and like the game enough to play it to completion rather than dropping it like they do with most of the games they play.

I listen to it for the gangsta Mario impression.

Timu

Has Arin ever played games well? I watched the Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy and The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time vids and Arin messed up and died a lot.

These guys are still hilarious though with their commentary.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I know it's brand new, but considering I will never play it myself as I don't ever see myself owning a PS4 just for one game, I'd really like to see Arin and Danny play The Last Guardian. Eventually of course. Give it a few months of being out.

I know it's brand new, but considering I will never play it myself as I don't ever see myself owning a PS4 just for one game, I'd really like to see Arin and Danny play The Last Guardian. Eventually of course. Give it a few months of being out.
I'm still waiting on the Ico series with Dan playing

I knew that Naruto playthrough was going to crash and burn when Ross skipped all the tutorial prompts and Barry wouldn't shut the hell up with his explanations on what the story is about.

Someone needs to unlock all the characters for them and them let them loose on versus. That's why the Arin/Jon episode shined.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Mega Man X, arguably Bloodborne.

Well any game that he can power level off screen (talking about Bloodborne here) he can eventually do decent at and beat.

But gawt-DAYUM if he isn't one spammy bastard when it comes to DarkSouls and BloodBorne... you can literally hear him smashing the shit out of attack half the time and it's as sad and terrible to watch as it is hilarious.

"I'm Gonna fuckin do it this time man i've fuckin GOT THIS this time this guy is FUCKING. DEAAAOOHH GOD NO MY SOULS" x1000

RainForce

Banned
Has Arin ever played games well? I watched the Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy and The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time vids and Arin messed up and died a lot.

These guys are still hilarious though with their commentary.

He's likely just bad at talking and playing at the same time. If he was just playing alone with no distractions, he'd probably be much better.

Usually when someone has been playing a game or played a game like crazy, their skills usually even translate whilst taking.

I've seen liam from the super best friends do well, as well as maximillian.

I'd say the opposite is true in most cases. I know plenty of twitch streamers that do things I could never dream of in Mario maker that still take a hit to their skills when talking to chat.

I gotta say

the Steam train episode was highly enjoyable with Suzy, Ross, and Brian

I think because they all balance each other out

Same, wish they would have played it longer.

Arin on the other hand is by far the worst person to listen to now. His nonstop fake emotions are so grating.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IM SCARED OMG IM SO SCARED BUT IM SCARED IM SCARED IT'S DARK IM SCARED OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IM SO SCARED OMG MAYBE I SHOULDN'T IM JUST SO SCARED BUT IT'S SO DARK WHY IS IT SO DARK AND SCARY????? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S SCARY

Shut up Arin. It's like he's regressing to a 5 yr old when he plays lately and I don't understand why.

Samemind

Same, wish they would have played it longer.

Arin on the other hand is by far the worst person to listen to now. His nonstop fake emotions are so grating.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IM SCARED OMG IM SO SCARED BUT IM SCARED IM SCARED IT'S DARK IM SCARED OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IM SO SCARED OMG MAYBE I SHOULDN'T IM JUST SO SCARED BUT IT'S SO DARK WHY IS IT SO DARK AND SCARY????? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S SCARY

Shut up Arin. It's like he's regressing to a 5 yr old when he plays lately and I don't understand why.

Data probably says that's what brings in the views.

Elija2

Really getting into that Christmas Candy Adventure game. Hoping they keep going with it.

I'm actually getting a bit attached to that Emily's Christmas Carol game. I kinda wanna see how the story progresses, but I know they're gonna stop playing it after Christmas. :(

Hylian7

I really hope they didn't abandon Deadly Premonition...

I do like seeing them playing Paper Mario TTYD and Pokemon Sun though.

I also had plenty of good laughs at that candy car Christmas game that was point and click (forget what it was called).

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Really getting into that Christmas Candy Adventure game. Hoping they keep going with it.
Best series in a long time.

On the other hand, Dead Rising 4 has been terrible due to Arin. He clearly went into it already having made up his mind that the game sucks and is trying to rush through while making whiny complaints. Struggling to do tutorial shit and ignoring objective marks and text, then bitching about how "convoluted" it is.
Even Dan had enough of it.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Wow. Where is today's GrumpCade? They haven't missed a day since Danny joined. There was a few times where one of the videos was delayed by a few hours, but never skipped.

When in doubt, check Twitter:
KdO1fWw.png

How would they run out of content? I thought they saved up a lot in order to not miss days unless they're actually changing things for reals, but I don't think they should. Keep it how it is.

Honestly? Good riddance. I haven't watched a Steam Train/Grumpcade episode in forever. Awful game choices that last forever - 15 episodes of Xenoverse 2? For real? -, guests and hosts I don't really care about, constant abandonment of series I enjoy and so on.

I'm wondering if it's maybe temporary. The holidays might've spread everyone a bit thin, so there was less recording going on and they might not have content ready.

I could see them reworking the middle slot, honing in on series that actually amass viewers. Long stretches of anime games and quick 'hot YouTuber game of the week' slots don't seem to interest the main audience - but that same segment gave us fan favorites like Undertale, Pokémon Art Academy, and King's Quest. I could see them doing fewer 'middle slot' shows a week, in favor of more regular hour+ long videos.

It could be but there were times it was enjoyable when it seemed actually really like the mario sunshine emotion thing. These are just so phoned in that it's a parody of a parody of Arin at this point and it's just nonsensical.

How else are they supposed to make fodder for all the game grump animated-s?

Wow, I'm really liking this playthrough of The Last Guardian.

Kinda want to pick it up myself and stop watching until I finish it though...

Think I missed all the deals on it though.

Basically sounds like they'll experiment with stuff instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel for shitty youtube fodder. I'm happy.

I just hope this doesn't push Barry, Brian and Ross out.
Suzy can go.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yeah I agree. Less shitty content the better. More time for me to enjoy other videos from Super Beard Bros, ProJared and PB and Jeff and many others. Maybe finally catch up on some TV I haven't seen yet.

I never even touched Dragonball and the one game I enjoyed was Earthbound but they dropped it. And now it seem they dropped Ty. I was enjoying that.

Good on them trying to shake it up again. It's been the same formula for a while now with the only change being the addition of GrumpCade which was basically just another variant of Steam Train with emphasis on guests, most of the time which end up just being staff members that already do videos with them.

RetroMG

Looks like Arin is soon going to be taking on the mid-slot solo while they work on additional projects.

I didn't watch a lot of Arin's Mega Man X Playthrough, but if he's going to do a solo show, I hope he takes some cues from Danny's Space Quest run. I wouldn't mind a show where Arin plays a game and deconstructs it - Kind of like a fusion of Sequelitis and Game Grumps. But if it's going to be "Arin screams at the TV in a room by himself for ten minutes an episode," I will pass.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they gave Danny a solo show, but I know it won't happen, because Danny's got enough on his plate with NSP, Starbomb, and Grumps.

Top Bottom