• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Cover: "Will be a bit of a surprise", "Really doubt someone will guess"

TheOddOne

No Ensemble, no sale.

Though they should have made an Age of Empires II: The Conquerors 3D long before they made AOE3 or the aborted fetus known as AOEOnline. Fuck MS Studios for forcing them to make Halo Wars, seriously.
Ensemble pitched Halo Wars, same with the MMO. MS where really hesistant to even go trough with the MMO, also changing staff prevented that game from coming out.

so did anybody guess?

I did. It was a matter of time before they announced it. Bethesda has said all those years ago that Zenimax Online was working on an MMO; they just didn't say what it was. Of course it was The Elder Scrolls. I figured with the success of Skyrim, it would be announced eventually.

WHY DIDN'T THEY HYPE IT UP MORE? I'm so angry right now, they totally downplayed this one in their announcement of the announcement.

copy and paste this response: "LOL Gaf can't decide, do you guys hate announcements of announcements then get mad when they aren't hype enough. yes, i am addressing everyone on the site at once because that makes sense."

Mafro

Love how smug the mag editors always get for these "big" announcements when it turns out to be nothing of the sort.

Moofers

Its pretty brilliant how they've managed to make their cover reveal seem like an event each month. Its like an event for a total non-event. Kudos to their marketing team, I guess.

Its pretty brilliant how they've managed to make their cover reveal seem like an event each month. Its like an event for a total non-event. Kudos to their marketing team, I guess.

If they keep doing it month after month it's gonna fizzle, especially when half the reveals are pretty easy to guess.

Top Bottom