• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer May 2012 Cover revealed: Halo 4

We've seen a surprising amount of speculation this month about our May cover, with all sorts of different games being suggested. At long last, we can pull back the curtain on our world-exclusive look at Halo 4.

This 14-page cover story is stuffed full of details on the new game, including information on where the story is going, hands-on impressions of multiplayer, and intel on the surprising new approach governing every aspect of Halo's multiplayer experience.

343 Industries also shared a wealth of in-game screenshots and concept art revealing new locations within the Halo universe. Take a look at the May cover image below.

“The game is looking really sharp and fairly far along, which is

always great to see this early. The reveal of [Yoink!] is going

to be the 'Holy sh--' moment. That's going to be the star of our

story, I think."
-Matt Miller, Game Informer

Bulletin here: http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/04/05/The-Halo-Bulletin-4512.aspx

Separate thread? Begin hype. Also virtual tits in Chief's brain.

cov_229_front.jpg

cov_229_l.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
She's good looking now.

Tali > Elizabeth DeWitt > Halo 4 Cortana

Anyone with me?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
what is there to talk about? cortana looks different? come on GI...

KillGore

Darn, I wanted a game we haven't seen videos of yet, something for the Wii U for example but I guess this will do.

Derrick01

Banned
New halo game ---> journalists say it looks amazing ---> game releases and looks average at best.

Let's see if this one will follow the cycle.

Hex

Banned
Would have rather it been something new, but I enjoy me some Halo too now and then so it is all good.
The hype was definitely a bit suspect though but it got them hits.

wwm0nkey

Posted this in the Halo OT but I wonder if her being human sized is a hint that the ending of Origins II wasn't just artistic liberties and that she can project herself without a platform and have a physical presence in the world.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Details will come when the issue actually is out.

GI mentioned that the cover, particularly the back cover, would get people talking. i'm just not seeing it. (and am a huge halo fan)

jett

D-Member
This is what the GI guy was splurging all over himself about? We've already seen footage of Halo 4. Doesn't look great.

Derrick01

Banned
Reach looked fantastic.

I disagree, and I even kind of liked that game. It was extremely mediocre looking at best, but like Goldmund said that's usually not the focus of a Halo game. So I wish the gaming media would cut their usual bullshit out.

The salt pile is bigger than Cortana's
AI footprint

Looking forward to seeing single player. And yes, Reach is one of the best looking FPS on the market to this day.

methodman

Banned
I love halo as much as anyone, bought every single one, but am disappoint that this is what caused the GI dude to have such a "jaw dropping" reaction. We already have screenshots and videos of this, come on.

wwm0nkey

This is what the GI guy was splurging all over himself about? We've already seen footage of Halo 4. Doesn't look great.

I think you may be expecting too much out of a console game, this will be the first Halo game to run in native 720p making it the first HD Halo game. Also it looks pretty great to me, can not wait to see what the MP looks like when they implement Anti Aliasing in it :)

Top Bottom