• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones final season read had applause last for 15 mins

bitbydeath

HBO just talking themselves up, who claps for 15mins?

The same link also has them taking large dumps on Netflix and Amazon (insecurities showing).

Orsi says the final season, currently in production ahead of airing next year, will not disappoint and a table read took place of the last few episodes with the show’s cast:

“[It] was a really powerful moment in our lives and our career. None of the cast had received the scripts prior, and one by one they started to fall down to their deaths. By the end, the last few words on the final script, the tears just started falling down. Then there was applause that lasted 15 minutes.”

http://www.darkhorizons.com/thrones-spin-offs-to-get-big-budgets/

Last edited by a moderator:

llien

Given how poorly it went after they ran out of George R.R., skeptical, but will check out at least the first episodes.

Last edited:

Chiefonthis

Neo Member
zie38.jpg

Kadayi

Banned
I don't care. It's not ideal, but I'm resigned to the show being the only conclusion we are likely getting to ASOIAF given GRRM has pretty much gone full procrastinator since the show catapulted him to global fame. Bring it on, let's get it done, and then let's see what other people can do with the spin-offs.

Last edited:

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
15 minutes of clapping at a table read?
giphy.webp

Kadayi

Banned
Anyway talking of the spin-offs. I sure hope one of them was inspired by this epic pair reuniting: -

c25ccf91e256c6e96bbb2c08cb9efff8.jpg

Hopefully called 'Lone Wolf & Dog' :)

caffeware

Banned
I'm late to the party. I just started watching the series.

Just finished season 1.

Can't believe they killed Ed.

I heard it gets bad in later seasons. What season is this?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Just finished season 1.

"Bad" is debatable. I would argue that the material isn't as well written as what GRRM does, but it is still entertaining and the cast are great at their jobs (usually).

bitbydeath

Just finished season 1.

Bad is probably too strong a word, it does get worse around season 5, it has an opposite problem to Walking Dead where it rushes too fast with storylines and often cleans them up by killing off said loose thread.

Fbh

Sounds more like people got emotional from reading the ending of a show they have been a part of for years and that , to many of them, signified a massive boost in their career.

Which makes sense

NickFire

Am i wrong or did they just spoil the finale? That part where they all fall down? Is everyone going to die?
Most of the main cast dying over the last few scripts is not exactly a spoiler in my humble opinion. But enough of that, back to me hating HBO right now for this 2019 crap.

Dubloon7

Banned
so for each actor to stand up, bow to all others while everyone else claps for them for maybe 1 minute, minimum, would go well beyond 15 minutes.

Top Bottom