• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyrion basically left the show in season 4. He's had nothing to do since.
Tyrion is hand of the queen to arguably the second most important character on the show.
Every actor suck and the show is horrible
where have you been the last 7 years?
kit harington does a good enough job and I certainly wouldn't say every actor sucks, or that the show is horrible. are you still watching it?
Turns out the actress who plays Yara Greyjoy is my old teacher's daughter.

Small world.

small world indeed! that is pretty cool.

He wasn't calm when he demanded a trial by combat the second time, or when he found out Varys knew about Shae.

I do hope that isn't the end of it; Tyrion should be thinking about Myrcella still. It isn't enough to just forget about it now.

I guess I mean he's calm as in he's not threatening to kill anyone yet or plotting their downfall. At least we don't know that is. I feel like he's also taking into account that he's now the Queen's Hand and needs to act in her interests like securing Dorne as an ally.

pablito

Look at the first post on this page. We are beyond discussing whether or not Tyrion knows, because that's been established.

As a reaction, I'm stating Tyrion did not handle it satisfactorily. Not in my opinion as a viewer.
He wasn't calm when he demanded a trial by combat the second time, or when he found out Varys knew about Shae.

I do hope that isn't the end of it; Tyrion should be thinking about Myrcella still. It isn't enough to just forget about it now.

Ah okay forgot about that exchange.

Could he have been more angry? Maybe. Maybe he's grieved a bit and got out what would have been there had the exchange happened earlier.

Not something I'd fuss over myself.

He's saying too many people are negative about the show and actors, not stating what he actually believes.
oh I see, sorry about that
I guess I mean he's calm as in he's not threatening to kill anyone yet or plotting their downfall. At least we don't know that is. I feel like he's also taking into account that he's now the Queen's Hand and needs to act in her interests like securing Dorne as an ally.
true, Dorne's security got destroyed a little bit at sea so that's another thing for Dany to react to Tyrion about. That would be the second time he fucked up; he fucked up in Mereen I think too but she didn't mind that much at all; I thought she'd be angrier about that too but let's see how she feels about Tyrion's ideas after learning about what happened in the Narrow Sea.
Emilia Clarke is brilliant
and that's the truth
she's beautiful, but she's not the best actress on the show. she ain't so bad either though.
Ah okay forgot about that exchange.

Could he have been more angry? Maybe. Maybe he's grieved a bit and got out what would have been there had the exchange happened earlier.

Not something I'd fuss over myself.
Word, well that's your opinion. I only thought to bring that up because others are talking about how will Dany react to Melisandre burning Shereen; burning people alive is something Dany apparently enjoys too but if she reacts differently to Shereen's death than to Myrcella then it's not good writing imo

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I think you forget they threw poop at the King himself and almost-raped his bride-to-be once. They don't give a fuck. Cersei being so effortlessly in control of the city makes very little sense after she destroyed the people's most important and beloved religious temple, figurehead and Queen. It really annoys me how shit is just falling on her lap.
She killed the core of her formal resistance and checks with that cartoonish explosion.

So the people that would riot lack the shit stirrers that would've mobilized the people in that fashion. And Cerci still has the city guard etc under her control. Without organized resistance, she can put out small fires quickly and quietly.

Re-watching season 2, oh god Theon fondling Yara down under when they first meet

1408.gif

Slater

Banned
People don't give Kit nearly enough credit for his excellence as fight scene actor.

3 major defining episodes have been built around him pulling off great fight scene choreography. Something Jaime's actor is actively dog shit act, which partly contributed to those shitty fights with him in S5.

People don't give Kit nearly enough credit for his excellence as fight scene actor.

3 major defining episodes have been built around him pulling off great fight scene choreography. Something Jaime's actor is actively dog shit act, which partly contributed to those shitty fights with him in S5.

And Jaime's suppose to be one the best in the Seven Kingdoms.

Nameless

I feel like a naturally gifted sword master would've have trained his left to be at least competent by now. Ser Arthur Dayne was a destroyer with both hands.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I actually did think Jamie was gonna go back to being a baller once Bronn started teaching him but that didn't last long and he's still shit.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
i thought those were the book dates.

That's the pic that someone posted earlier and I just reposted it. It says the source is HBO.

well then how come she don't give a fuck for Myrcella's death? Dany's got no love for either Baratheons or Lannisters, both families killed her family, she didn't give a fuck when Tyrion bbrought up Myrcella to Elaria which I'm mad about that too because Tyrion should be angrier about that, dude was way too calm & passive the 1 time it was brought up

but anyways, Dany shut that shit down quick and never kicked Elaria off the team. And Elaria's murder was worse coz it was just bloodthirsty revenge and not some twisted religious fanatic being too fucking cocky.

So why would Dany care if she found out Melisandre killed princess Shireen Baratheon?

Exactly. Unless she holds contempt like Elaria does for the simple fact that Myrcella was born into the Lannister family; if Dany cares about Shireen's execution and not Myrcella's that's just bad, forgetful writing; both families killed hers.

but yeah that was one of my other complaints; Tyrion should be disgusted, and furious with Elaria. He loved his niece.

I've learned that many things that don't make sense are a result of shit writing. We come up with these explanations for things, but we then find out that the writers truly are incompetent (i.e the Jaime raping Cersei in the Sept scene, where the writers stated they never wrote that scene to indicate Jaime was raping Cersei).

My personal belief is that Dany is in a position where she can't risk losing a key ally in what is a crucial point in time. Any other circumstance and Dany would have dealt with her, but she isn't exactly in a position where she can do that yet. Dany executed that advisor of hers that murdered the imprisoned Sons of the Harpy fella, because he took the law into his own hands and murdered a prisoner. That guy was guilty as fuck, and yet Dany forbade his killing until a trial. The killing of an innocent child should have her raging, and so should Tyrion for that matter. The fact that Tyrion isn't, tells me this is nothing more than a cheap way for the writers to acknowledge that Tyrion knows, but then stupidly ignore pre established character traits.

Also, Shireen and Marcella are completely different situations. One was killed due to a blood feud between two families, and the other was offered up as a sacrifice in a ritual. Even if the intent is for Dany and Tyrion to not dwell on Marcella's killing for now, Dany flipping out over Shireen would still not be out of place. All in all, I think this a failure in the writing and not indicative of any change in the character.

FiggyCal

Banned
That's the pic that someone posted earlier and I just reposted it. It says the source is HBO.

I've learned that many things that don't make sense are a result of shit writing. We come up with these explanations for things, but we then find out that the writers truly are incompetent (i.e the Jaime raping Cersei in the Sept scene, where the writers stated they never wrote that scene to indicate Jaime was raping Cersei).

My personal belief is that Dany is in a position where she can't risk losing a key ally in what is a crucial point in time. Any other circumstance and Dany would have dealt with her, but she isn't exactly in a position where she can do that yet. Dany executed that advisor of hers that murdered the imprisoned Sons of the Harpy fella, because he took the law into his own hands and murdered a prisoner. That guy was guilty as fuck, and yet Dany forbade his killing until a trial. The killing of an innocent child should have her raging, and so should Tyrion for that matter. The fact that Tyrion isn't, tells me this is nothing more than a cheap way for the writers to acknowledge that Tyrion knows, but then stupidly ignore pre established character traits.

Also, Shireen and Marcella are completely different situations. One was killed due to a blood feud between two families, and the other was offered up as a sacrifice in a ritual. Even if the intent is for Dany and Tyrion to not dwell on Marcella's killing for now, Dany flipping out over Shireen would still not be out of place. All in all, I think this a failure in the writing and not indicative of any change in the character.

Who would have told Dany about Shireen?

I feel like a naturally gifted sword master would've have trained his left to be at least competent by now. Ser Arthur Dayne was a destroyer with both hands.

idk about that. I'm pretty good with a pen and I still can't write with my left hand.

edit: i'm not saying it's inaccurate i'm just saying it's been said in the thread that those are book dates, not show dates.

word yeah I even said and explained how both murders were completely different but both times they were acts of evil. i agree with everything else you said though, that would be what makes Dany reluctant is the fact that she need(ed) Elaria, now she's a captive so the Dornish army might be stuck
Davos might, if Melisandre is present when Jon meets Dany. Or if Dany mentions she heard many interesting things about Jon from a red priestess named Melisandre

Well the way Jaime talks about Dayne, even though he's one of the greatest swordsman ever he's still not in the same league as Dayne.

It's also very likely that Jaime is very right hand dominant whereas Dayne was probably ambidextrous.

I'm a lefty and my right hand is useless.

FiggyCal

Banned
It's late so I might be getting some details wrong, but the unsullied are sailing to casterly rock, correct? Why didn't they go with Yara and the Sand Snakes? It's basically the same path and they would have kept strength in numbers.

I didn't really see it until just now, but the whole plan was stupid. Why break up such a strong army?

Tyrion really, really messed up.

It's late so I might be getting some details wrong, but the unsullied are sailing to casterly rock, correct? Why didn't they go with Yara and the Sand Snakes? It's basically the same path and they would have kept strength in numbers.

I didn't really see it until just now, but the whole plan was stupid. Why break up such a strong army?

Tyrion wanted to capture home base while siege happens with Ironborn and Dornish

Heshinsi

idk about that. I'm pretty good with a pen and I still can't write with my left hand.

Oh no one yet. But when Ser Davos starts frothing from the mouth the minute he sees her, someone is going to ask him what's his deal. Considering none of Dany's advisors care for her, she better hope that Lord of Light of hers has an escape plan for her lol.

edit: i'm not saying it's inaccurate i'm just saying it's been said in the thread that those are book dates, not show dates.

word yeah I even said and explained how both murders were completely different but both times they were acts of evil. i agree with everything else you said though, that would be what makes Dany reluctant is the fact that she need(ed) Elaria, now she's a captive so the Dornish army might be stuckDavos might, if Melisandre is present when Jon meets Dany. Or if Dany mentions she heard many interesting things about Jon from a red priestess named Melisandre

Not only that, I'm pretty sure regicide and wiping out your family for the most ridiculous of reasons, would also not be sitting well with Dany and Tyrion. Ellaria is harping about there being no innocent Lannisters, and yet she's killed the same number of Martells as they have. Tyrion should have brought that up last episode as well.

On another note. Why didn't Ellaria have Dornish guards with her? That part makes absolutely no sense to me. The leader of every major house has always been depicted in having a contingent of house guards by their side. Yet Ellaria had none. The ruler of Dorne and what is most likely the crown princess aren't being guarded by anyone? It defies logic. Everything about Dorne makes no goddamn sense.

Timbuktu

It can be argued that Tyrion does have a conflict of interest, in that he probably still loves Jaime and would prefer not to see complete annihilation. They also over estimated their allies capability obviously, although Dorne still has a massive army that hasn't seen fighting and the show would likely forget about.

Not only that, I'm pretty sure regicide and wiping out your family for the most ridiculous of reasons, would also not be sitting well with Dany and Tyrion. Ellaria is harping about there being no innocent Lannisters, and yet she's killed the same number of Martells as they have. Tyrion should have brought that up last episode as well.
good point, Elaria killed Doran, and the sandsnakes have fun with each other while committing to kill their cousin. The way they wanted "dibs" on him and how quickly Trystane picks up his sword realizing he has to fight for his life, makes me think that they are psychopaths. "who gets to kill Trystane" wtf

and their foster mother kills their uncle. it's as if Oberyn, seemingly a charming and down to earth minded guy had absolutely no hand in raising his daughters. fuck the sandsnakes, worst characters & plot arcs on the show

Heshinsi

good point, Elaria killed Doran, and the sandsnakes have fun with each other while committing to kill their cousin. The way they wanted "dibs" on him and how quickly Trystane picks up his sword realizing he has to fight for his life, makes me think that they are psychopaths. "who gets to kill Trystane" wtf

Looking back, it's sweet how Jaime wanted to protect Tristane by not having him come to shore in King's Landing. He was afraid that even though Doran and Tristane had nothing to do with Marcella's death, Cersei might just hurt or kill Tristane for the fun of it. Crazy how letting him come on shore may have been the better option.

There was absolutely zero reason they needed to kill him. If he's weak as Ellaria says he is, wouldn't he be better used as a weak figurehead while Ellaria ruled from the shadows? I still don't get how other Dornish houses haven't made an attempt at the throne. When Oberyn arrived at KL and Tyrion was waiting for him, there were numerous Dronish Houses that joined him. Any other area of Westeros, and you can bet your ass some house would have attempted to unseat Ellaria. Ellaria's trick is backstabbing and poison. She would have been swatted aside by the first noble house that decided, "welp since there isn't anyone left with the Martell last name, we sure as shit aren't going to take orders from a crazy bastard lady and her stupid as shit spawn!"

FiggyCal

Banned
Looking back, it's sweet how Jaime wanted to protect Tristane by not having him come to shore in King's Landing. He was afraid that even though Doran and Tristane had nothing to do with Marcella's death, Cersei might just hurt or kill Tristane for the fun of it. Crazy how letting him come on shore may have been the better option.

There was absolutely zero reason they needed to kill him. If he's weak as Ellaria says he is, wouldn't he be better used as a weak figurehead while Ellaria ruled from the shadows? I still don't get how other Dornish houses haven't made an attempt at the throne. When Oberyn arrived at KL and Tyrion was waiting for him, there were numerous Dronish Houses that joined him.

I honestly don't get the impression from the writers that other Dornish houses even exist. It's such an underdeveloped storyline.

There was absolutely zero reason they needed to kill him. If he's weak as Ellaria says he is, wouldn't he be better used as a weak figurehead while Ellaria ruled from the shadows? I still don't get how other Dornish houses haven't made an attempt at the throne. When Oberyn arrived at KL and Tyrion was waiting for him, there were numerous Dronish Houses that joined him.

what exactly happened there? i thought Trystane was going to come ashore but the sandsnakes killing him meant he couldn't. When did Jaime tell him to stay behind?

Also yeah if they want to redeem the Dornish subplot any way/how they have to give leadership to someone other than the Martells now.

Heshinsi

I honestly don't get the impression from the writers that other Dornish houses even exist. It's such an underdeveloped storyline.

bd708ad20e24505f9f235a1cab98a097.jpg

What was the point of this then?

what exactly happened there? i thought Trystane was going to come ashore but the sandsnakes killing him meant he couldn't. When did Jaime tell him to stay behind?
Also yeah if they want to redeem the Dornish subplot any way/how they have to give leadership to someone other than the Martells now.

I thought Jamie told Tristane it wasn't safe in KL for him :/

Nameless

I'm eager to see how Bronn plays all this. He's still a sellsword at heart who's all about self preservation and furthering his own interests. And his old partner in crime stands at the head of a super army with three dragons.

If he does defect I could totally see him grabbing some bad pussy for the road.

Venture

I could see Tyrion selling out Ellaria and the Sand Snakes for obvious reasons. It would be a big betrayal of Dany and the Greyjoys though.

Nameless

given the writing and characters, someone on Danny's counsil is a traitor, who do you think it is?

There probably isn't but Olenna makes the most sense. Removing the Ironborn and the Dornish from the equation leaves Dany limited options outside of using her dragons and/or Dothraki to take King's Landing, which is what Olenna wants so that Cersei bleeds.

I could see Tyrion selling out Ellaria and the Sand Snakes for obvious reasons. It would be a big betrayal of Dany and the Greyjoys though.

It's head on a spike betrayal. I still think Tyrion means what when he said he believes in Dany. He ain't going to do anything to jeopardize her goals.

Lamel

Banned

Kit's been the one to improve the most throughout this show acting wise. And yeah his choreography is A+ these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom