• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I am still hoping we get an over-the-top cheesy scene where a dragon breathes fire on Jon. His friends and allies scream in terror. The audience go nuts. Then after a moment of silence, the smoldering smoke clears, and Jon is standing unharmed, his naked manliness burned clean of armor. This dragon cannot be hurt by fire. Cut to black. End of episode.

But no way that happens.

Y'all have some weird fantasies lol. Why on earth would a scenario like that happen? I'd rather have more Euron fuckery than this.

Speevy

Banned
Y'all have some weird fantasies lol. Why on earth would a scenario like that happen? I'd rather have more Euron fuckery than this.

You can have Bran tell you you're a secret Targaryen all day long, but until you survive being burned alive you haven't sealed the deal.

Wait, do I need to even edit what I previously said? I'm also avoiding the spoilers <like reddit and youtube> but getting hyped as hell

I apologize if it's that bad.

No, you're good. It was just an example of someone who never posts in this thread suddenly coming in here and posting about that specific thing as their first post, lol.

You have no business calling out other peoples fantasies for being weird...I know it's a joke, but shit, lol.

The love between Jon and Dany will be so powerful, it would drive the humanity back into the Nights King's heart when he's confronted by it, and he'll realise what a massive dick he is and stop his invasion. Even he will understand that he has no fucking right to stop this god damn train.

I was hoping and expecting Bran to at least say something like, "If it means anything, Bran really did love you".

They went for the 100% ice cold route though.

GRRM should co-write the books with Heshinsi from now on.

tumblr_inline_npyssrC9x41rfdhla_500.gif

OrionX

^I actually love that. Now let's put these ideas together.

Finally accepting their feelings for one another, Jon and Dany share an embrace as the Night King's army approaches. Drogon, having known the truth all along, sets the pair ablaze, from which they both emerge naked and unscathed, much to everyone's shock and awe. The Night King, stunned by this beautiful display of undying love, lays down his weapon and slowly begins to applaud. Soon, everyone is surrounding the couple, laughing and applauding. Smiling, Dany whispers in Jon's ear, "You know Jon, this really was a Game of Thrones." Cut to black.

Something like that? :D

Heshinsi

No, you're good. It was just an example of someone who never posts in this thread suddenly coming in here and posting about that specific thing as their first post, lol.

You have no business calling out other peoples fantasies for being weird...I know it's a joke, but shit, lol.

I didn't know you called people out like that...

giphy.gif

Quick question.

If Jon is king in the North with the overwhelming support of all houses... Doesn't that give him the power to legitimise himself as a Stark?

I mean, wouldn't that make more sense than to continue a "Snow" dinasty?

Jibbed

Quick question.

If Jon is king in the North with the overwhelming support of all houses... Doesn't that give him the power to legitimise himself as a Stark?

I've thought this too.

Sometimes he seems 100% proud about (what he thinks to be) his heritage and other times he's just like, I'm a bastard ma'am.

Bran would probably be more normal if he got regular training, but he kinda had to go through overload at the last minute.
that's true, he's still learning but he knows what it's like to feel as a human. he wouldn't have said to Sansa otherwise, that "I'm sorry for the things that have happened to you."

he called her beautiful (on the night she was raped), so he remembers what it's like to have a sister.
That's awesome.

but we don't know when the old man became the 3 eyed raven. Could have been when he's had some years into him, but Bran has barely had time to grow up "normally".
literally none of the Stark children had time to grow up normally. including Theon.

we don't know when the 3 eyed raven became the 3 eyed raven but he died an old man who still had some humanity left.
Bran should reward her by marrying her?

1tn2u1.gif

Edit: I got the text sizes wrong, and being at work I don't feel like fixing it.
lol you did this?

but yes. they should get married. It would be nice if they had a son or daughter, too.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority

And it wouldn't happen since Jon actually burned his hand by fire in season 1, when he saved Commander Mormont from the white walker at Castle Black.

Volimar

Do you think Meera has been cleaning him or has he managed that himself?

And it wouldn't happen since Jon actually burned his hand by fire in season 1, when he saved Commander Mormont from the white walker at Castle Black.

But that was before he killed the boy and became a man or before Lord of Light fuckery. It could happen, but I don't expect it to. It'd be enough for the dragons to sense his blood. Especially if it happened before Bran told him so he had no idea why they were so chill with him.

Don't forget, Drogon buzzed Jon and co. right after Jon said "I am not a Stark."

Finally accepting their feelings for one another, Jon and Dany share an embrace as the Night King's army approaches. Drogon, having known the truth all along, sets the pair ablaze, from which they both emerge naked and unscathed, much to everyone's shock and awe. The Night King, stunned by this beautiful display of undying love, lays down his weapon and slowly begins to applaud. Soon, everyone is surrounding the couple, laughing and applauding. Smiling, Dany whispers in Jon's ear, "You know Jon, this really was a Game of Thrones." Cut to black.

Perfect

FiggyCal

Banned

That seems like more of a Hodor kind of job. Then when they reached Castle black, I'm sure they sent someone else to transport Meera and Bran who's responsibility it was to clean after Bran.

he can still use his hands, so.
The love between Jon and Dany will be so powerful, it would drive the humanity back into the Nights King's heart when he's confronted by it, and he'll realise what a massive dick he is and stop his invasion. Even he will understand that he has no fucking right to stop this god damn train.

Inspiring post, right here. Jon x Dany should/will be love, true romance = love story and that's why a song of ice and fire = love story

to an extent

Zetta

I've thought this too.

Sometimes he seems 100% proud about (what he thinks to be) his heritage and other times he's just like, I'm a bastard ma'am.

Jon ain't got time for all that, don't you know about the Night King and the long night?

Heshinsi

No lie I was thinking earlier today, "couldn't Dany just light herself on fire and Gandalf the shit out of the weights, while Jon and Co hunt down the White Walkers?!"

I just realised Valar is absolutely right about me :(

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Quick question.

"WOAH, YOU GUYS AND GALS ARE PLEDGING FEALTY TO ME AND WANT ME TO BE YOUR KING? YOU DO ME A GREAT HONOR. THANK YOU.

NOW, I'LL BE THE FIRST ONE TO TELL YOU THAT THE ARMY OF ICE GODS AND THEIR UNSTOPPABLE UNDEAD HORDES WILL SOON DESCEND UPON US, BRINGING PERPETUAL DARKNESS AND INESCAPABLE AND CERTAIN DEATH TO THE ENTIRE REALM AND THE LIKELY EXTINCTION OF HUMANITY FOR ALL TIME, AND WE MUST DEVOTE EVERY POSSIBLE RESOURCE AND MAKE EVERY CONCEIVABLE EFFORT TO OPPOSE THEM IF WE HOPE TO SURVIVE...

AND SOME HIGHER POWER JUST SAW FIT TO RESURRECT ME...FROM BEING DEAD...TOTALLY DEAD...FOR WHAT I CAN ONLY ASSUME TO BE AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN LEADING THIS FIGHT AGAINST THE DARKNESS FOR WHICH YOU HAVE ALL JUST CHOSEN ME...

BUT BEFORE WE GET INTO ALL THAT, I WANT TO LEGALLY CHANGE MY NAME BECAUSE I'M INSECURE ABOUT IT."

Yeah, why didn't they leave that in?

fun fact: kit, alfie, and iwan all auditioned to be jon snow, and they became jon, theon and ramsay respectively.

they got the casting so right. i hate how this show's done so much recast though kinda breaks the immersion.

also like how everyone was mentioning ser bronn not showing up in king's landing because of problems with cersei's actress? well they did share 1 scene together event though there was zero acknowledgement or dialogue.

https://youtu.be/AU-AqxMUs_o?t=3m18s

Tall4Life

"WOAH, YOU GUYS AND GALS ARE PLEDGING FEALTY TO ME AND WANT ME TO BE YOUR KING? YOU DO ME A GREAT HONOR. THANK YOU.

NOW, I'LL BE THE FIRST ONE TO TELL YOU THAT THE ARMY OF ICE GODS AND THEIR UNSTOPPABLE UNDEAD HORDES WILL SOON DESCEND UPON US, BRINGING PERPETUAL DARKNESS AND INESCAPABLE AND CERTAIN DEATH TO THE ENTIRE REALM AND THE LIKELY EXTINCTION OF HUMANITY FOR ALL TIME, AND WE MUST DEVOTE EVERY POSSIBLE RESOURCE AND MAKE EVERY CONCEIVABLE EFFORT TO OPPOSE THEM IF WE HOPE TO SURVIVE...

AND SOME HIGHER POWER JUST SAW FIT TO RESURRECT ME...FROM BEING DEAD...TOTALLY DEAD...FOR WHAT I CAN ONLY ASSUME TO BE AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN LEADING THIS FIGHT AGAINST THE DARKNESS FOR WHICH YOU HAVE ALL JUST CHOSEN ME...

BUT BEFORE WE GET INTO ALL THAT, I WANT TO LEGALLY CHANGE MY NAME BECAUSE I'M INSECURE ABOUT IT."

Yeah, why didn't they leave that in?

look man jon could really be troubled by it it's not right of you to judge him for his own possible insecurities

fun fact: kit, alfie, and iwan all auditioned to be jon snow, and they became jon, theon and ramsay respectively.

they got the casting so right. i hate how this show's done so much recast though kinda breaks the immersion.

also like how everyone was mentioning ser bronn not showing up in king's landing because of problems with cersei's actress? well they did share 1 scene together event though there was zero acknowledgement or dialogue.

https://youtu.be/AU-AqxMUs_o?t=3m18s

I will say, this show's casting of the older characters is the greatest I've ever seen on tv.

I mean, can anyone beat Sean Bean as Ned? Or Charles Dance as Tywin? Or Olenna Tyrell, Maester Aemon, etc...

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
And the sand snakes....

They aren't bad actresses, they just were given bad material and no time to actually develop as character. Like the two Sand Snakes that died, I don't even know what their names are and I couldn't begin to describe what their characters traits are, I mean, I guess one is like the Tomboy of the group since she's always mean mugging...maybe?

Euh he was talking about "old" cast, neither Shae or Sand snakes qualify as "old" lol.

Sorry didn't see that.

But for every decent actor, there is a bad actor in this show.

Older actors are just more experienced and hence play their parts better than any of the actors under 30. That is why it seems the old actors are perfectly cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom