• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bran would never accept becoming King in the North, even if some Lords would try to make him King. He is the three eyed raven and to him, that is far more important.

Unless he made Jon Hand of the King. Jon gets all the responsibility, Bran wears the crown, and the North gets a King who can go back in time and fuck up the timeline.

rjc571

Banned
Wouldn't Bran be disqualified from being Lord of Winterfell since being paralyzed from the waist down he would be unable to father any children?

jfkgoblue

I always wondered if Jon would become considered "trueborn" if Lyanna and Rhaegar were secretly married(the Targs practiced polygamy iirc) and it was found out. Would it then nuke his claim to Winterfell by becoming legitimized and Sansa's claim coming first? He would then be considered Sansa's heir until she had a child, correct?

this is of course ignoring that he would have a claim to the Iron Throne ahead of Dany(which is why I think she will try and marry him after the world finds out he is Rhaegar's heir)

Sephzilla

Now that Bran, the last living male survivor of house Stark, showed up at the Wall isnt that going to undermine Jon Snow as king of the north? Brandon stark should be the lord of winterfell not the bastard.

Let the stark bowl begin.

I'm pretty sure Bran wouldn't accept it and would prefer Jon stay in charge. Plus Bran is smart enough to know not to stir that pot when they all need to be focusing on the White Walkers.

Wouldn't Bran have the authority to give Jon the "Stark" name?

Irminsul

Fun fact about one small thing that's possibly totally irrelevant: remember the book Sam first sees through the gate in the library?

got7x01ezj2i.png

It's basically the same illustration as by Iranian astronomer Abu Rayhan Biruni (early 11th century):

Fun fact about this work: it suggested Earth rotated on its axis and around the sun, i.e., it's a work of an early heliocentric model.

Fun fact about one small thing that's possibly totally irrelevant: remember the book Sam first sees through the gate about?

It's basically the same illustration as by Iranian astronomer Abu Rayhan Biruni (early 11th century):

Fun fact about this work: it suggested Earth rotated on its axis and around the sun, i.e., it's a work of an early heliocentric model.

very cool find there! i bet youtubers won't even catch that to break it down

jfkgoblue

I'm pretty sure Bran wouldn't accept it and would prefer Jon stay in charge. Plus Bran is smart enough to know not to stir that pot when they all need to be focusing on the White Walkers.

Wouldn't Bran have the authority to give Jon the "Stark" name?
Considering Jon is king in the north, he probably has the authority to do it himself. Remember when Stannis offered to legitimize him if he bent the knee as Warden of the North?

psaman17

Banned
Wouldn't Bran be disqualified from being Lord of Winterfell since being paralyzed from the waist down he would be unable to father any children?

The prince of Dorne was a cripple too. Being paralyzed has nothing to do with someones ability to rule. Bran is the true heir of house stark. When the north is aware that he is alive, jon snow's leadership is going to be undermined.

Sansa isnt happy with snow so maybe shes going to pull something here to push house starks loyal family to follow bran? Stark bowl.

jfkgoblue

The prince of Dorne was a cripple too. Being paralyzed has nothing to do with someones ability to rule. Bran is the true heir of house stark. When the north is aware that he is alive, jon snow's leadership is going to be undermined.

Sansa isnt happy with snow so maybe shes going to pull something here to push house starks loyal family to follow bran? Stark bowl.
I don't think Sansa is unhappy with Jon as KitN, she was just annoyed because she feels as if he ignores her.

Also, would the Lords really be able to push for Bran as KitN if he didn't want to be King?

I don't think Sansa is unhappy with Jon as KitN, she was just annoyed because she feels as if he ignores her.

Also, would the Lords really be able to push for Bran as KitN if he didn't want to be King?
if you rewatch the scene from season 6, where lyanna says "bear island knows no king but the king in the north whose name is stark..." the camera pans to jon and sansa, sansa begins to smile but then when lyanna says "i don't care if he's a bastard,..." sansa looks up, realizing she's talking about jon and not her.

i think part of her feels like she hasn't been credited enough.

Taker666

man arya HAS to kill cersey it would be the perfect send of to cersey...

first she kills margery grandmother (which will be the gift euron will bring) after torturing her to find out it was she who killed joffrey and then arya kills her.

i truly believe arya will be the one at the end on the iron throne...

Denarys , Jon and Tyrion is VERY predictable...

oh and btw dont fool yourselfs this time...sansa is the one playing with little finger not the other way around..

I'd say there's a 50/50 chance that if Arya goes after Cersei, Arya will end up sacrificing herself to make it happen.

I won't 100% dismiss Arya being on the Iron Throne at the end (although if a Stark dies this season, Arya is the most likely IMO)...but if it happened it would be through a marriage to Gendry (or I could see Gendry and Sansa getting together).

A Baratheon and a Stark as King and Queen is certainly possible.. and a pretty fitting end.

If Arya does kill Cersei ..I'd guess she'll be wearing Jamie's face when she does it (not sure if Arya will outright kill Jamie. I could see him perhaps being already dead on the battlefield of near death/recovering..and Arya will sneak in at an opportune moment) .

If Arya does get killed this season, I could see it happening as a result of her gloating to her target after she removes a face.

I'd say there's a 50/50 chance that if Arya goes after Cersei, Arya will end up sacrificing herself to make it happen.

I won't 100% dismiss Arya being on the Iron Throne at the end (although if a Stark dies this season, Arya is the most likely IMO)...but if it happened it would be through a marriage to Gendry (or I could see Gendry and Sansa getting together).

A Baratheon and a Stark as King and Queen is certainly possible.. and a pretty fitting end.

If Arya does kill Cersei ..I'd guess she'll be wearing Jamie's face when she does it (not sure if Arya will outright kill Jamie. I could see him perhaps being already dead on the battlefield of near death/recovering..and Arya will sneak in at an opportune moment) . If Arya does get killed I could see it happening as a result of her gloating to her target after she removes a face.

I think Gendry has a part to play in this. If Arya does live I can see a marriage to Gendry. They have an established relationship and Arya likes him. Finally the house of Baratheon and Stark will unite. That doesn't mean they will sit on the throne.

I think Gendry has a part to play in this. If Arya does live I can see a marriage to Gendry. They have an established relationship and Arya likes him. Finally the house of Baratheon and Stark will unite. That doesn't mean they will sit on the throne.
a marriage to Gendry is what King Robert always wanted since season 1. "I have a son, you have a daughter, we'll join our houses."

If Arya does kill Cersei ..I'd guess she'll be wearing Jamie's face when she does it (not sure if Arya will outright kill Jamie. I could see him perhaps being already dead on the battlefield of near death/recovering..and Arya will sneak in at an opportune moment) .

If Arya does get killed this season, I could see it happening as a result of her gloating to her target after she removes a face.

Arya kills Cersei. Then gets killed by The Mountain. The hound finds out and kills The Mountain and at the same time gets revenge for him burning his face.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Mkbean‏ @mkbeanbuilds

Sansa certainly "admires" Cersei. Sansa's hair this season matches Cersei from season 3.

DE9R2ySUMAAdje8.jpg

That is true, didn't really think about it that way.
if/when bran makes it to winterfell though, i think jon will be long gone. and because of that, bran may keep his knowledge to himself for a little while i think.
Mkbean‏ @mkbeanbuilds

Sansa certainly "admires" Cersei. Sansa's hair this season matches Cersei from season 3.

DE9R2ySUMAAdje8.jpg
the actress is wearing a wig now instead of dying her hair, i dunno if that's got something to do with it.

Well, Arya has to do SOMETHING. This entire storyline can't have been for nothing. But I don't think she will get Cersei - that would end the war entirely too easily. Removing the Mountain (to make it possible for Jaime to do it) would be possible, but I don't really see how she could harm him even with poison.

She's not completing her list though.

Pagusas

Elden Member
As John is really a Targarian and not a Stark, does that mean he has no blood right to the throne? Like if that comes out will he suddenly be seen as unworthy of the Throne by the north?

Edit: Just thought about it a bit, I forgot his mother was a Stark. nevermind.

As John is really a Targarian and not a Stark, does that mean he has no blood right to the throne? Like if that comes out will he suddenly be seen as unworthy of the Throne by the north?

you corrected yourself in saying he is a stark, but your argument still works in that he is not ned stark's son. that's kinda what got everyone to unanimously declare him kotn so if it is learned he is not, there may be trouble for him or maybe not

Venture

Not sure what kind of leaks are out there but I think I might have gotten a slight spoiler on fucking ESPN radio of all places. I guess I'm just going to have to immediately turn off any media if GOT talk comes up.

TeddyBoy

Someone pointed out last season that he's technically got the Targarian bastard name, so his name should be Jon Rivers.

He doesn't have a claim to a throne unless a leader of a great house acknowledges him (this is what Stannis offered to him at the Wall).

Well, Arya has to do SOMETHING. This entire storyline can't have been for nothing. But I don't think she will get Cersei - that would end the war entirely too easily. Removing the Mountain (to make it possible for Jaime to do it) would be possible, but I don't really see how she could harm him even with poison.

She's not completing her list though.

I mean, she killed all the Frays. That's not something?

If Arya is going to kill Cersei I could see her doing it using Joffrey's face, not Jamie's.

Joffrey is dead, though. So, that MIGHT give her disguise away.

a marriage to Gendry is what King Robert always wanted since season 1. "I have a son, you have a daughter, we'll join our houses."

I agree that it seems like full circle. If not for the tournament at Harrenhall, Robert would have married Lyanna and Baratheon and Stark families would have united.

Gendry is all that's left of the Baratheon line. No way that he doesn't play a part.

I agree that it seems like full circle. If not for the tournament at Harrenhall, Robert would have married Lyanna and Baratheon and Stark families would have united.

Gendry is all that's left of the Baratheon line. No way that he doesn't play a part.

yup which is why I think it will happen. ironic since king robert thought it would be arya, who ended up not wanting anything to do with joffrey, who himself ended up not being robert's son at all.

Pagusas

Elden Member
If Arya is going to kill Cersei I could see her doing it using Joffrey's face, not Jamie's.

I could easily see a writer being in love with the idea of a fake out where you think Jamie survived something, but it ends up being Arya in disguise and Jamie is really dead.

Or now that I think about it, I wonder if we'll get a final "twist" at the very end of the show where you think a character survived but then it turns out to be Arya at the last second.

What I'm trying to say is, I feel like they are reallllly trying to setup something for a big "gotcha/twist". you know?

But I also agree with a poster from a few pages ago that said Arya's super power is kinda immersion breaking. I can believe dragons in this world, i can believe walking undead and some of the other "magic", as it all seems to follow a somewhat grounded approach, but Arya's face swapping goes to far to me, its just TOO magical, the way it changes everything about her (height, voice, personality) without any flaws. I dont like it and wish it wasnt in the show.

Arya won't kill Cersei - Jamie will. The prophecy has to come true.

Don't forget that Jamie swore an oath to protect Sansa and Arya. Cersei will somehow find out about Arya coming to kill her and want her dead. Jamie will be conflicted about breaking another oath.

Gleethor

Someone pointed out last season that he's technically got the Targarian bastard name, so his name should be Jon Rivers.

He doesn't have a claim to a throne unless a leader of a great house acknowledges him (this is what Stannis offered to him at the Wall).

Waters is actually the correct surname, though he was born in Dorne so maybe Sand is more appropriate.

This all depends if his parents were married or not, which we don't know.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Arya won't kill Cersei - Jamie will. The prophecy has to come true.

Don't forget that Jamie swore an oath to protect Sansa and Arya. Cersei will somehow find out about Arya coming to kill her and want her dead. Jamie will be conflicted about breaking another oath.

Arya could kill Cersei disguised as Jamie, the prophecy could still work than (if its a prophesy because the witch "Saw" that even in her vision, which would make sense, how would she differentiate a disguised Arya from Jamie?)

WriterGK

Jon always got a lot attention from his father Ned Stark. Which made the other Starks jealous. It doesn't really matter what your last name is but who really loves you.

Taker666

Arya kills Cersei. Then gets killed by The Mountain. The hound finds out and kills The Mountain and at the same time gets revenge for him burning his face.

A Hound vs Mountain face off does seem likely. Although that's another battle where I can see both being killed.

Still, The Hound's story arc is quite intriguing at present.

With The Hound seemingly being chosen by the Lord Of Light for something... I'm wondering if it' s being set-up so that Beric will end up being killed, along with The Hound..

...with Thoros then attempting to bring Beric back ..but The Hound is resurrected instead.

Could we then see The Hound leading the Brotherhood? The Hound going full circle and ending up as the warrior of light for a fire god does seem a quite pleasing fit. Especially if he then cuts The Mountain down with a flaming sword.

Sephzilla

A Hound vs Mountain face off does seem likely..although that's another battle where I can see both being killed.

Still, The Hound's story arc is quite intriguing at present.

With The Hound seemingly being chosen by the Lord Of Light for something..I'm wondering if it' s being set-up so that Beric will end up being killed..along with The Hound..

...with Thoros then attempting to bring Beric back..but The Hound is resurrected instead.

Could we then see The Hound leading the Brotherhood? The Hound going full circle and ending up as the warrior of light for a fire god does seem a quite pleasing fit. Especially if he then cuts down The Mountain with the flaming sword.

A named flaming sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom