• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

If there's no justification for Lyanna to be there then there's no justification for any Northern lords to be there because they all have plain and simple things to do.

Except this is clearly something that is early in development, that's why they showed it, and the reason you find it bad is because it hasn't fully developed yet.

They're up to something, either by their own volition, or by a manipulative mind fuck via Littlefinger, hence why they are there.

Lyanna is loyal, and clearly has a strong head on her shoulders, hence why she isn't. It's exactly why it's convenient why she isn't there.

Thanks, was looking forward to this.

JimiNutz

Banned
Who says there are three left by the time he's done. He's already setting Arya up against Sansa.

No way Arya actually kills Sansa, she's family. I don't see why she doesn't kill Little Finger though and maybe wears his face so that she can command the armies of The Vale?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No way Arya actually kills Sansa, she's family. I don't see why she doesn't kill Little Finger though and maybe wears his face so that she can command the armies of The Vale?

You're assuming she knows he's playing her and that Sansa isn't actually betraying Jon to take the throne for herself.

I honestly think this is going to be one of the plot lines in the next season, along with Cersei trying to get Dany out of the way using subterfuge and trickery.

Littlefinger obviously doesn't win, but this probably won't be wrapped up as easily as everyone thinks it will.

Except this is clearly something that is early in development, that's why they showed it, and the reason you find it pointless is because it hasn't fully developed yet.

They're up to something, either by their own volition, or by a manipulative mind fuck via Littlefinger, hence why they are there.

Lyanna is loyal, and clearly has a strong head on her shoulders, hence why she isn't. It's exactly why it's convenient why she isn't there.

Thanks, was looking forward to this.

Royce knows better than to trust Littlefinger, and I think we see Littlefinger talking to the lords after the meeting. It's not that I find it pointless, I find it almost inconsequential to the overall story other than just being an indication to the audience like I said earlier.

All the other times a meeting like this took place it was an important scene. Lyanna is loyal and has a clear had on her shoulders which is why she should have been there defending Jon with Sansa, it's convenient in a bad way that she isn't there

also, yeah after having watched that video, I love the fact that a person who started watching the show when Jon & Dany meet wants the same thing the most out of this story that I do lol

Royce knows better than to trust Littlefinger, and I think we see Littlefinger talking to the lords after the meeting. It's not that I find it pointless, I find it almost inconsequential to the overall story other than just being an indication to the audience like I said earlier.

All the other times a meeting like this took place it was an important scene. Lyanna is loyal and has a clear had on her shoulders which is why she should have been there defending Jon with Sansa, it's convenient in a bad way that she isn't there

That really is the most perplexing part of the whole situation, at first. But once you remember just how manipulative and conniving Littlefinger is, how much we've seen him cotrol over the years. Then it's entirely believable that Lord Royce is there doing his bidding for him like a brainwashed idiot.

I do hope you're wrong and I guess I'm playing the devils advocate here because I want you to be. I'd like to think it will play a role in future events, simply because of how fast everything is moving this season, they wouldn't show it just for the sake of showing it. One of the worst scenes this season in my opinion is one that everyone loved because of the characters involved.

quoting myself from earlier.

It also would have helped to explain why Tormund kept the Hound and the Brotherhood locked up, why are they being held prisoner? For wanting to cross to the north side of the wall?

It would have made more sense if they met up with them along the way, or even just outside the south side of the wall.

At this point it makes it seem like the conversation went like this.

Bhood: Hey, we've got to get to the North side of the wall.
NW: Why?
Bhood: We've a higher purpose in the coming war.
NW: Sorry, go to jail.
Bhood: Okay.

Really, I hated how this played out. It was almost as bad as Jaime and Bronn being able to hold their breath underwater for 5 minutes.

Littlefinger has been manipulating the most deceptive people in Westeros for decades, and people have issues with him doing it to Northerners of all people.

giphy.gif

Littlefinger has been manipulating the most deceptive people in Westeros for decades, and people have issues with him doing it to Northerners of all people.

giphy.gif

I assume manipulating the Northern lords is as simple as saying "Rebellion" with any sort of punctuation on the end; they'll fill in the details and find the way to fuck up as much as possible for themselves.

Note: even while they are mid-rebellion, you can still prompt them to rebel against their rebellion.

wandering

Banned
I assume manipulating the Northern lords is as simple as saying "Rebellion" with any sort of punctuation on the end; they'll fill in the details and find the way to fuck up as much as possible for themselves.

Note: even while they are mid-rebellion, you can still prompt them to rebel against their rebellion.

Just point at someone and shout DAKINGINDANORF and voila

jackal27

Banned
I don't know if we've already discussed this, but episode 7 has leaked everywhere online. I just got MAJOR spoiled in the comments section of a completely unrelated video and it really sucks.

Be careful out there... :/

EDIT: Typos are the bane of my existence. I meant episode 6. Very sorry.

I don't know if we've already discussed this, but episode 7 has leaked everywhere online. I just got MAJOR spoiled in the comments section of a completely unrelated video and it really sucks.

Yeah, and stay off YouTube if you don't want spoiled. Recommendations section has loads of videos (for me at least, because I watched GoT videos before) with titles that spoil EP7.

Edit: I mean EP6.

Episode 7? You mean 6, right?

Edit: You gotta be kidding me

Euphor!a

Banned

Episode 7? You mean 6? I've seen 6 has gotten out, I didn't know 7 leaked too.

kurahador

Who cares about episode 7. 6 will be the action packed episode anyway, 7 will just sets up the next season.

Also, what are you guys thoughts on Telltale's GOT? Is it good?

JDB

Banned
Can you morons not talk about episode 6 here? Especially not posting spoilers no matter if it's behind a spoiler tag!
disgusting
they aren't even closely related
Targaryens have dragon blood, they could totally get it on.

Sony

Nintendo
Spoiler tagging contents of a future episode is not done as some speculation is also spoiler tagged... there is no distinction between the two. So it's rather simple: just don't talk about the episode until after it airs. Shouldn't be that hard. And this is coming form someone who has seen the ep.

Megatron

When Sersi told Jamie not to betray her again, what was she talking about? He had just come to her and told her about Tyrian. How did he betray her?

all these leaks, maybe add a note in the thread title?

It's common sense. "You can't talk about book spoilers, but I'm sure no one will mind if we talk about spoilers of unaired episodes"?

If I hadn't watched the episode already I would be really pissed now man.
And yes I get that you want to talk about the episode (I do as well), but this is not the right place yet. ;)

Veitsev

When Sersi told Jamie not to betray her again, what was she talking about? He had just come to her and told her about Tyrian. How did he betray her?

It's common sense. "You can't talk about book spoilers, but I'm sure no one will mind if we talk about spoilers of unaired episodes"?

Cersei is becoming unhinged. She is starting to turn on the one person in the entire world that she can trust.

Kworn

Banned
It has been removed, sorry.

I would watch the episode a.s.a.p everyone. I cannot see you getting to Sunday and not be spoiled on this one.

gun_haver

If you really feel the need to talk about the leaked episode, go to the dedicated thread on r/asoiaf

There's also a subreddit for this kind of thing. I think there should just be a dedicated leak thread here on neogaf, that'd clear this up immediately, but I guess it's a line that the mods don't wanna cross. So go to freefolk or some other reddit but watch out - there's even more spoilers there than you want.

Nitemare1

EDIT: Typos are the bane of my existence. I meant episode 6. Very sorry.

I just got a huge spoiler on the front page of my Youtube feed with video and a fucking thumbnail. Be very careful out there. :( People suck.

Top Bottom