• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
jDPqYNj.jpg

Drogon you lucky SoB

Somehow I managed to avoid spoilers for the series and managed to binge watch the whole thing the past couple of months.... Feels good to be here. I can't wait to see where the show goes from here. I'll be there at the new episodes day one.

Grinchy

Banned
I wanted to re-watch the first episode like 2 weeks ago, so I did. The next thing I knew, I had re-watched the entire first season. The first season is so good. Every scene with Tywin is just perfect.

I agree with someone in here though who said that Shae was really bad upon a re-watch. Every line that comes out of her mouth just sounds awful.

Redhood

I just rewatched the final episode and noticed dorn's sun spear on ships sail. So I guess this explains varys's teleportation.

game-of-thrones_0.jpg

John Bradley talked a bit more about being costume-pranked by Benioff and Weiss and other members of the cast. Bradley was a target, he realized, because he was constantly belittling other cast members on how obviously they were being tricked by the showrunners. When John got a new script for Season 6 which involved Sam being dressed in resplendent purple and pink clothes, he bought it “because Sam might just dress like a prick at home.” The prank went so far as to send him to a costume fitting in Belfast. “I looked like Elmer the Patchwork Elephant,” Bradley chuckled, “and David and Dan complain about wasted budgets!”

Bold One

This season was all about redemption and cunts getting what was coming to them.

Cerci went ISIS,

MoD finally takes proper control,

Arya goes badass,

Jon finally becomes a convincing leader,

and for whatever reason I can't bring myself to hate Jamie, despite being a sister-banging tool. He still retains a degree of honour.

Episode 9 was something very good, incredible production for TV standards.

watershed

Banned
This season was all about redemption and cunts getting what was coming to them.

Cerci went ISIS,

MoD finally takes proper control,

Arya goes badass,

Jon finally becomes a convincing leader,

and for whatever reason I can't bring myself to hate Jamie, despite being a sister-banging tool. He still retains a degree of honour.

Episode 9 was something very good, incredible production for TV standards.
For me Jamie was incredibly stagnant this season. His character went nowhere. In fact, it felt like he lost character.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Going through the show again with my brother who's watching for the first time, and just watched the Red Wedding today.

I never thought I'd turn into one of those people, but this was basically me during the final moments.

1dWGrmd.gif

Bold One

For me Jamie was incredibly stagnant this season. His character went nowhere. In fact, it felt like he lost character.
You could say the same about a lot of characters, but thats the drawback of having SO many characters.

His character is just very consistent in a world full of cuntbags.

Grinchy

Banned
Jaime got worse as soon as he cut his hair. He used to be one of the most feared knights in the realm and now he just runs errands for Cersei in the vague hope of fucking her again.

watershed

Banned
You could say the same about a lot of characters, but thats the drawback of having SO many characters.

His character is just very consistent in a world full of cuntbags.

I'm not sure he's consistent so much as he has lost character. He seemed less entertaining and less, I don't know, everything this season. I feel like he went from being Han Solo in ESB to Han Solo in ROTJ. He's just kind of there to be amusing and that's it. His whole arc with Riverrun was pure filler. Even his decent monologues were well-worn territory that did nothing for his character. And his whole "I just want to get back to Cersei" felt like a oversimplification and reduction of his character.

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah the scene with him and Brienne in the bath was so well done. Pretty much all of Jaime's monologues in the first few seasons were great.

A part of me hoped that he and Brienne would marry, because that is a hell of a couple. You definitely wouldn't want to cut them off on the freeway.

Yeah the scene with him and Brienne in the bath was so well done. Pretty much all of Jaime's monologues in the first few seasons were great.

A part of me hoped that he and Brienne would marry, because that is a hell of a couple. You definitely wouldn't want to cut them off on the freeway.
That and his friendship with Briene redeemed the dude, Cersei just drags his ass down, but for some odd reason the way he's written keeps him from realizing this. I get that family is everything to the Lannisters, but holy shit man even Tyrion knew that it was time to get the fuck out. Granted he didn't have much of a choice, but Tyrion always was the smart Lannister.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is it my imagination or is "Sam" sweating a lot in his armpits lol? Or is it just lighting?

LakeEarth

Finally caught up, what a season! I wasn't on pins and needles for every episode, but it lead to an amazing run of final episodes.

It was nice that Sansa predicted
Rickon's death
earlier in the episode. That reduced the sting a bit. Poor
Margary
too. Come to think of it, was there a single episode this season where an established character didn't die? I guess the show has been on for so long that there are so many established characters that could die.

EDIT - no one died in episode 6, and only non-established characters died in episode 7. That's it though.

Grinchy

Banned
I didn't really plan on this happening, but I've found myself re-watching the series again recently. It's going by kinda quickly because I'm just skipping all the Dany scenes.

I'm actually finding season 3 to be pretty boring. I definitely didn't feel that way the first time around. It just meanders so horrendously in so many plot threads. Did anyone else think season 3 was boring?

Dr.Acula

Banned
So CTV (over the air channel in Canada) is showing the show nightly at 10, and burning through season 1. Episode 7 right now. I haven't caught it until now but it's neat seeing the old episodes. But man, why did Littlefinger change his accent randomly later in the series?

If anyone is interested, it appears to be unedited, I just saw some full frontal male nudity.

Zafir

I didn't really plan on this happening, but I've found myself re-watching the series again recently. It's going by kinda quickly because I'm just skipping all the Dany scenes.

I'm actually finding season 3 to be pretty boring. I definitely didn't feel that way the first time around. It just meanders so horrendously in so many plot threads. Did anyone else think season 3 was boring?
Season 3 was where I quit for ages. Only finally caught up again this year.

Fou-Lu

Just finished watching through the show. As a long time book reader I have all kinds of issues, but I don't really care about that right now. Mostly because the last episode of season 6 was awesome, the music alone was absolutely top notch and finally having confirmation of Jon's parentage (confirming the theory I have subscribed to for so long) was all I ever wanted. Cersei's queen, Dany is finally coming to Westeros, Tyrion is hand of the queen. So many good moments.

Just hoping show Jaime makes up for his shit now that Cersei is becoming as bad as Aerys.

dLMN8R

Game of Thrones totally deserved it for Best Director, but not sure about Best Writing.

But Sapochnik winning just makes it even sadder that he's not directing any episodes next season :-(

duckroll

Best writing was specifically for Battle of the Bastards.

It's funny though, because some of the best scenes towards the end of the battle were apparently totally off script because of budget and schedule reasons, and Sapochnik got permission to just wing it.

axb2013

Since the intro tends to reflect the changes occurring in the show, what do you think are the odds of the first episode of next season to show sigil change for Jon Snow, now that we've had the scenes reveal his birth, like this:

zmaj1s3ssh.jpg

Since the intro tends to reflect the changes occurring in the show, what do you think are the odds of the first episode of next season to show sigil change for Jon Snow, now that we've had the scenes reveal his birth, like this:

zmaj1s3ssh.jpg

I think it reflects their house and since he's loyal to House Stark and no one outside of Bran knows he's a targ, then the odds are next to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom