• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

Have we seen anything or heard anything about the Martells before Oberyn and the rest of his people showed up?

I know Tyrion sends Myrcella to them for an arranged marriage in s2. Anything other than that?

Schattenjäger;107270327 said:
Hate to ask a stupid question but

Aintitcool says

there was a reveal at the end

I don't recall any

It's Aintitcool, a luiewarm soup could blow their minds to pieces.

Vashetti

Banned
I think the "reveal" was that the whole countryside was burning and fucked up, probably to signify despite the fact that the war is over, Westeros is in a bad way

Why are people still saying this?

Stannis is still trying for the throne, Balon Greyjoy is doing whatever...

The Tyrells are also subtly worming their way into the Lannister fold.

Dany's on the other side of the world but still a contender, too.

I just specifically meant the war with Robb and the effect that had on Westeros

They treat peasants like such garbage in this show, I think I'll only be satisfied if in the end the peasants revolt and destroy the great houses.

#TeamPoverty

Demon Ice

Banned
I think the TV show should retcon Daario into being from the same order of face-changing assassins as Jaquen H'gar (or however it's spelled). Only reasonable way to explain how he looks so drastically different from Season 3 lol.

All is right in the world when on a Sunday night I can kick back and enjoy GOT.

Arya's scene was pretty bomb!!!!!!!!

Also I believe in Jaime I think he is a different man spiritually.

Grifter

I think the TV show should retcon Daario into being from the same order of face-changing assassins as Jaquen H'gar (or however it's spelled). Only reasonable way to explain how he looks so drastically different from Season 3 lol.

I'm still counting on the show finding a way to bring back J`quen(?) with the original actor.

Raiden

Banned
That was a really solid season opener and episode in general. I love the dynamic between Jaimie and that tall blonde woman.

That was a really solid season opener and episode in general. I love the dynamic between Jaimie and that tall blonde woman.

Agreed, their on screen chemistry is fantastic. I really hope we get more even though now they're in King's Landing and not on the road.

Oh that should've been Daario? I was wondering who this new guy is and where the old one was. Couldn't they at least call him by name so people get it? So confusing.

tino

Banned
Recast and they made no effort to make it seem like the old character.

I feel so strongly about this that I think they should have killed off Daario altogether and made up a new character.

Old Daario was way better. Creasy douchebag from Jersey.

Isn't Daario from the same place that J'quen (sp) said he was from? I recall him mentioning something along those lines in S3; i.e. he's from Bravos or some such place.

Lautaro

Isn't Daario from the same place that J'quen (sp) said he was from? I recall him mentioning something along those lines in S3; i.e. he's from Bravos or some such place.

IIRC he's from Tyrosh, his former boss (the "Titan's Bastard") was from Bravoos. I could be wrong though...

Minion101

Banned
I kinda like the idea that another new character is trying to sack Daenerys. They should have named him something else but gave him all of Daario's parts.

Didn't they call him by name like 3 times in the span of 30 seconds?

They may as well have stopped time during the scene, had the director walk out and say, "listen guys, this is Daario now, we got a new actor, please understand" and then show the picture of the old one and restart the scene

CtEg8CH.gif

^ my wife's expression when she discovered Daario has been recast, bwahahaha.

Alright they did call him by name several times, i can only blame myself. Still recasting isn't exactly a great idea in a show where most people can't even name a character outside of the five main ones.

Anyhow, Margaery's boobs are amazing. I think i missed a couple of lines while she was on screen too.

Vashetti

Banned
Alright they did call him by name several times, i can only blame myself. Still recasting isn't exactly a great idea in a show where most people can't even name a character outside of the five main ones.

Go on...

I'm fascinated to hear which people casual viewers consider to be the main characters :p

-griffy-

Banned

Anyhow, Margaery's boobs are amazing. I think i missed a couple of lines while she was on screen too.

I'm sure they wouldn't have recast if there was a way to avoid it.

TheYanger

Feels so good to have this show back :)

Arya's revenge and the look on Polliver's face when he finally realized who she is was so damn satisfying after all these gut punches in previous seasons

Oberyn seems like a character who will cause a fuckton of trouble; enjoyed his introduction. Thenn seems pretty weird though; not sure if it's because of the actor and his make-up. BTW,
whose arm did they put above the fire? Robb's
? (just a question, no spoiler; didn't read the books)

It's Thenn as in like a tribe of wildlings (they keep mentioning the thenn in that list), and it was just some random night's watch guys they killed I thought, the implication being they're cannibals? He specifically said you should try crow though when they showed the arm on the spit.

There was only one actual 'war' going on, and as far as the lannisters are concerned the only other 'contender' they are even aware of is Stannis, who has been holed up at Dragonstone since blackwater, and lost the majority of his army I assume. They feel no threat anymore whatsoever.

Of course, we the viewers know better ;)

Book reader here who is just lurking. In the past I've liked reacting to the acting and casting and such but I'm-a-shut-up since some other book readers are not as spoiler-sensitive as I am. My only comment will be to say it was weird seeing Brienne out of armor.

I will offer spoiler-free clarification of backstory etc IN PM only to anybody who PMs me. I'm very careful since I hate spoilers myself.

Guys if you care that much a lot of the background stuff like Rhaegar/Lyanna is also available on the dvd extras narrated by the characters. You can even find them on youtube if you want.
Honestly, I regard that stuff a must watch for those who have not read the books. They do a really good job of laying out a lot of the history and lore which the show has only ever skimmed over very briefly. It's pretty important stuff for the most part and the vids are an entertaining watch in themselves.

Carbonox

I'm still counting on the show finding a way to bring back J`quen(?) with the original actor.

YESSSSSSSS

I loved Jaqen. Gotta be the original actor too as he had that awesome sly look about him.

Given Arya still has the coin I reckon we will see him again.

The fourth-season premiere of the fantasy delivered the show’s biggest audience yet: 6.6 million viewers. That makes the Thrones opener HBO’s most-watched program since The Sopranos’ series finale in 2007.

By comparison, season 3 opened to 4.4 million viewers and eventually peaked at 5.5 million for the sixth episode (nope, the Red Wedding was not a record high, and nor was the finale, which delivered 5.4 million).

Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom