• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of the WW? Nope.

The wildlings marching on The Wall? Nope.

Wildings making it to The Wall via Jon? Nope.

As far as I know, neither Varys nor Littlefinger have spies up there. Why should they lol.

Varys knew of Mance, as he mentions him in a S2 Small Council meeting. Other than that o agree his network is probably all but non existent, with his nearest spies being in northern houses who recieve information 2nd or 3rd hand.

Varys does believe in and despise magic though, so I imagine even if he doesn't beloved/know that the WWs are back, he's probably not oblivious to the likelihood of it!

Varys is such a mystery but genuinely believe that all he cares about is peace within the realm. If that means maintaining the status quo by supporting the Lannister's so be it. He is the complete opposite of Baelish, who loves chaos.

Part of me worries that there is a hidden, secret agenda to Varys. Not one that overrides his desire to save the realm, but one that conflicts with it?

Ah, I'm up to S4E1 of my rewatch it appears to me that Gendry's purpose would be to create Valyerian steel weapons.

The scene in S3 when he's speaking to Anguy (member of the Brotherhood Without Banners) about creating steel tip arrows put the thought into my head. What would be the purpose of such a scene? Then in S4 when Tywin is talking to Jamie about there only being three smiths alive that can rework Valyerian steel clichéd it.

Gendry is considered a really good smith. Remember he made that bull helmet.

Valyrian steel requires spells to form it, so I doubt Gendry is that guy.

Really miss the character and his scenes with Arya though.

Ovid

Varys knew of Mance, as he mentions him in a S2 Small Council meeting. Other than that o agree his network is probably all but non existent, with his nearest spies being in northern houses who recieve information 2nd or 3rd hand.

Varys does believe in and despise magic though, so I imagine even if he doesn't beloved/know that the WWs are back, he's probably not oblivious to the likelihood of it!

Part of me worries that there is a hidden, secret agenda to Varys. Not one that overrides his desire to save the realm, but one that conflicts with it?

Valyrian steel requires spells to form it, so I doubt Gendry is that guy.

Really miss the character and his scenes with Arya though.
Not spells, dragon fire.

LOL, he's not going to be able to create it. I think Gendry will be the only one to be able to forge it.

Volimar

Still waiting for Jorah to make a suicide mission into old Valeria to find the secrets of forging it or even just another sword.

So now that this thread has been bumped (I didn't want to bump it myself when the last post was from 2 days ago previously) I thought I'd ask...so since it's less than a week out until the Season 6 premiere, when can we expect an OT guys? I'm so freaking excited, I hope
Jon Snow is resurrected!

I checked yesterday when it was a week out exactly and now I'm checking today and still nothing. I'm so excited I can barely wait, looking forward to the OT and I hope Ramsey and Roose Bolton get theirs and the good guys actually win and get revenge and kill the bad guys for once this season!

Also excited to see the Blackfish again and I wonder if Gendry is still rowing, he must be ripped by now!

6 more days! Hope the Greyjoys get some love this season, between dickless Theon and Yara's pathetic failed rescue attempt that proved the name Ironborn means nothing, I'm hoping they will battle someone like the Boltons and be badass this season finally!

Ovid

So now that this thread has been bumped (I didn't want to bump it myself when the last post was from 2 days ago previously) I thought I'd ask...so since it's less than a week out until the Season 6 premiere, when can we expect an OT guys? I'm so freaking excited, I hope
Jon Snow is resurrected!

I checked yesterday when it was a week out exactly and now I'm checking today and still nothing. I'm so excited I can barely wait, looking forward to the OT and I hope Ramsey and Roose Bolton get theirs and the good guys actually win and get revenge and kill the bad guys for once this season!

Also excited to see the Blackfish again and I wonder if Gendry is still rowing, he must be ripped by now!

6 more days! Hope the Greyjoys get some love this season, between dickless Theon and Yara's pathetic failed rescue attempt that proved the name Ironborn means nothing, I'm hoping they will battle someone like the Boltons and be badass this season finally!
Davos told Gendry to go to King's Landing. That was at the end of S3.

Maybe he just went to Flea Bottom and decided to stay low for a while.

Jorah has that skin disease thing. Supposedly turns them crazy or something. He's a dead man walking...just doing whatever it takes to get Daenaeris to acknowledge him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom