• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Pass users: Do you buy the games afterwards to support the devs?

Game Pass users: Do you buy games afterwards to support the devs?

• Yes!

Votes: 21 9.3%
  • No!

Votes: 67 29.8%
  • Wtf that's a waste of money!?

Votes: 99 44.0%
  • Only if it leaves the service

Votes: 38 16.9%

• Total voters

mr.dilya

Banned
Why is there always talk about supporting devs?

When I bought my car I wasn’t concerned about supporting Honda.

Especially now, with all this GeForce now shit....fuck devs, they can blow me. There are exceptions of course, but for the most part I couldn’t give one fuck less about a smarmy little latte sipping developer.

Reactions: Zog

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
I've been paying full price for gamepass ultimate for almost the entire time it has been available and I have bought over 60 titles from it. Most are games I would never have even thought about purchasing if I hadn't had the opportunity to try them before hand. I love the service. I have downloaded and installed every game available to it so far for console. Just sharing my experience so far. Only thing I would like is a definitive list stating when titles are being removed so that that way I can prioritize my backlog list.

Last edited:

cm osi

i don't subscribe to those kind of services, but if i was a subscriber then my answer is no. the publisher agreed to put their games on the service and got paid for that, if the game bombs because of that then it's the service fault, not mine

Shiken

The only games I play on gamepass, are games I would not play otherwise. If I want a game, I buy it right away to support the devs even if it is already part of a pass. I prefer ownership over subscriptions anyway.

So if I play a game on gamepass, which is rare as I only get it when it is on sale for $1, they were not going to get my money anyway.

Last edited:

Thavash

Guys , here’s some real world experience for you. I started Oblivion in Feb on Game Pass (it got Xbox One X Enhanced and I just wanted to experience a bit of it). Anyway got hooked and played about 20 hours. On Saturday I start it up and it says “Insert Disc”....... they pulled it from Game Pass.
I was mad as hell ....... currently torn between buying and old game I would never have normally or just trying to forget my build.

nikolino840

Guys , here’s some real world experience for you. I started Oblivion in Feb on Game Pass (it got Xbox One X Enhanced and I just wanted to experience a bit of it). Anyway got hooked and played about 20 hours. On Saturday I start it up and it says “Insert Disc”....... they pulled it from Game Pass.
I was mad as hell ....... currently torn between buying and old game I would never have normally or just trying to forget my build.

Oblivion>Skyrim

Yeah less garphics but more rpg

Top Bottom