• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Spoilers

I don't know if this would be a good idea or not, but I've been thinking about it lately. There's a site, themoviespoilers.com or something that has plot summaries of movies, which is good for people like me who don't necessarily want to watch a movie that looks bad, but is interested in what the plot or twist at the end is.

I know gamefaqs kind of does this already, but I'd like to make a site with spoilers for games. What differentiates my potential site from gamefaqs would be that it would only contain plot information i.e. the storyline, and no gameplay info at all.

I'm torn on the issue because it might discourage some people from playing games that they should play, but at the same time, it would help people who don't have the time to finish every single game they start.

Opinions?

luffeN

that would be a cool idea in my opinion, because as you pointed out there are gamers who dont finish games etc.

but then you should cover all the alternative endings ^^ for example i would love to know the alternative endings from shenmue 1.. there are some.. but i never found them in video form :/

Jeff-DSA

I think it's fine to have something like that. I couldn't stand FFX-2 so I went out looking for spoilers. Eventually I found all of the CG sequences and got what I wanted. It would be nice to have a place that had all these things for other games. It's nice if you want to get into a sequel without playing the first game in the series or something like that...

It's a good idea. Lots of people pick up, for example, Resident Evil 4, and want to know the backstory without suffering through the earlier titles' horrid gameplay.

Plus there's the fact that story has no place in gaming and by providing access to the stories outside the games, maybe shitty games with average stories will bomb as they deserve to.

=(

A man can dream, right?

I'd like to make the site community driven, where people can post up game spoilers, but I'm trying to decide how exactly to do it. So far, I can think of two options:

1.) Forum-based: where each spoiler is a forum thread, with the first post being the main spoiler, and the contributer can decide to have it open to posts or not.

2.) wiki-based: like wikipedia where anyone can change it.

Baker

Banned
I've noticed youtube has a lot of game endings too. I was catching up on some Silent Hill mythos and found every alternate ending there.

Oh yeah, that would be great. I've always wondered what happens at the end of disc 1 of Final Fantasy 7. Something really surprising, no doubt.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Max Payne Spoiler:
You die, and then have to quickload.

The Sims Spoiler:
Your Sim will miss work once in a while because you can't keep his #$@ social stat up.

Poker Ending 1:
You lose all your money to Steve, who you're pretty sure was cheating.

Poker Ending 2:
You end up twenty dollars ahead, then blow it all on booze.

Odysseus

Banned
BobJustBob said:
It's a good idea. Lots of people pick up, for example, Resident Evil 4, and want to know the backstory without suffering through the earlier titles' horrid gameplay.

I like my strategy. If a sequel that follows the storyline of a previous game is released, and I have not played the previous game, then I do not play the sequel. It has worked wonders so far, and it even saves money!

BobJustBob said:
Plus there's the fact that story has no place in gaming.

:mad:

Sports, racers, puzzlers, etc., I'll agree with you, but that's where it ends. In other genres, story rivals actual gameplay in importance, in my opinion.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
A few years from now, when EA makes the game based on the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie:
Snape will kill Dumbledore.

Joe Molotov

Whimsical Phil said:
A few years from now, when EA makes the game based on the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie:
Snape will kill Dumbledore.

Except Dumbledore will shoot first this time.

Top Bottom