• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameCube Adapter, Wii Fit Trainer, Marth and Villager Amiibo aren't discontinued

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Now that I know they aren't being discontinued I find I don't want them anymore. Odd.

Good. It didn't make sense to discontinue them so soon, given most people can't find them. Still on the hunt for Villager and Marth anyway but good to know I don't have to start worrying. I will be making sure to pre-order any future Amiibos I want though, like Shulk, Rosalina, and the other Fire Emblem cast.

I hope this news is true but how can do we know this dude's legit?
I don't think he's a random customer agent... there's a David Young at NOA who is an assistant manager in PR.

Edit: Yeah I'm guessing he's this guy so I want to believe him. http://media.nintendo.com/pressroom/E32013/bios/Bios_E313_DavidYoung.pdf

David Young has worked at Nintendo for over 24 years, so I'll take his word seriously.

Majukun

I just panic bought one smash bundle :p
oh,it was still at normal price,so it's not too bad,I would have bought both smash and the adapter anyway

Well, now I feel like a chump for buying two of each...
You can still build a noah's ark of amiibo...well if they ever released male Wii Fit Trainer anyway...

If your purpose of buying two was for profit you've still got profit because the shops are not going to be full of Marth for weeks to come

Crownjo

There will be more GameCube Adapters after all.

https://twitter.com/NintendoFanGirl/status/541777517825515520

B4THx_lIAAEp76d.png

Forkball

What am I supposed to do with these 40 Marths now?

And if you can't get a GCN adapter, check out the Hori GCN pads for Wii U. They hook up to the Wiimote so they can be used for any game. Comically, they were $10 cheaper yesterday.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Until I receive some official word about restocks from Nintendo I'm more inclined to trust what a supplier (Solutions2Go) is saying over what a random customer service agents is saying. Notice what he is saying is technically correct - they haven't "officially" be discontinued yet but in practice sadly they probably are.

That's what I'm thinking too. It's great he says that but if stores can't order more, what he's saying isn't relevant.

gogogow

From Nippon-Yasan, a Japanese retailer that also ships worldwide and doesn't seem to be discontinued:

Hello

Thank you for your order

We contacting you regarding this product Wii U GameCube Adapter Unfortunately the maker contacted us to let us know that there is a delay in the production of this product therefore they will send us our orders starting 22nd December. We are really sorry for this situation and hope you understand that it is not our doing and we can only wait for your product to be send by the maker.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thanking you for your understanding

If you have any question, feel free to ask us!

Kind regards

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
How the hell could/can anyone really believe that parts of a product (amiibos) that according to Bloomberg has earned Nintendo $1 billion in the US alone would randomly be discontinued right after launch? Jesus.

And if you can't get a GCN adapter, check out the Hori GCN pads for Wii U. They hook up to the Wiimote so they can be used for any game. Comically, they were $10 cheaper yesterday.

They're wireless, so that would take away the whole point of getting one for a lot of people.

y2dvd

What am I supposed to do with these 40 Marths now?

Hmm, the fact that it can be used for any game makes this enticing. But then again, I got a few GC controllers already and I just need that damn adapter!

Good to hear some official confirmation, especially about the amiibos. It was too dumb of a rumor to take seriously without a credible response.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I still don't understand why people thought anyone would release a toy line in November and discontinue part of it before Christmas.

More money than sense.

Sold Marth for $60 to someone who wanted it for a Christmas gift for someone. Timing right now plays a huge part in it. Restock in January doesn't do anything for people who want to gift it now.

Villager sold for $40.

LiK

How the hell could/can anyone really believe that parts of a product (amiibos) that according to Bloomberg has earned Nintendo $1 billion in the US alone would randomly be discontinued right after launch? Jesus.

They're wireless, so that would take away the whole point of getting one for a lot of people.

Cuz one retailer in Canada said so and everyone believed them. I knew they couldn't be trusted without a second source. Those VGP fuckers created a shortage cuz scalpers bought them up from what they said. Annoys the shit outta me.

heyf00L

If you sell on Amazon, buyers have 30 days to return the item for any reason. You can keep the shipping money and a small "restocking fee" but the latter can be contested.

Basically only sell stuff on Amazon if the price is stable for a month, or it'll be more trouble than it's worth.

The Lamp

"We are working hard to get them to retailers, but we don't know when that will be"

Just lol.

Dammit Nintendo, don't you want those holiday sales?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
"We are working hard to get them to retailers, but we don't know when that will be"

Just lol.

Dammit Nintendo, don't you want those holiday sales?

I feel like Nintendo is really conservative when it comes to manufacturing stuff if they don't know it's going to be a hit.

Who

Banned
So it's less of a battle of stock and more of a battle of time?

im not sure exactly what that implies but wanted to use the joke...ahem

Neiteio

Already posted this in another topic, this is what I thought of the situation:
Oh man, can you imagine if Orson Welles was a GAF poster? GAF would probably be tearing itself apart in a tizzy, over news that Nintendo is quitting the videogame business to make windshield wipers.

Top Bottom