• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameFly lists Darksiders 1 coming to Wii U, PS4, and XBO

DMiz

Nice. Great game to be re-released for people that may not have taken the dip.

Personally thought that I enjoy Darksiders 2 a bit more of the two, but both are great games. (I realize that's an unpopular/uncommon opinion, though.)

simmias

Was the Darksiders 2 PS4 port/remaster okay?

Many people (including me) had tremendous problems with the game crashing if your damage output was too high. This was easy to do if you built an overpowered magic based character, so NG+ was a pretty painful experience to get through. I had to downgrade my equipment just to finish the playthrough. Just be careful not to go overboard on the stat increases and the damage output.

Other than that it was a decent port, albeit unremarkable.

ricki42

They announced that both games would come to Linux about 2 years ago. I hope the Linux versions will finally be released together with the Wii U version. I really enjoyed Darksiders 1 on PS3, but held off playing 2 because of the Linux announcement.

Skulldead

I played 2 on WiiU it was solid though had a lot of pop ins and framerate issues. Not game breaking type but noticeable. Question for those that played them both what makes 1 better than 2?

Everything. Darksider 1 is like a darker Zelda-like game, the way dungeon and puzzle were made, the overall structure combine with DMC like combat. Also great customization for weapon, nothing too complex, just enough.

Darksider 2 decide keep the same battle system but add loot and RPG element, useless big area exploration with a horse, boring enemies design and boss, the map UI is a nightmare. Also boring sidequest. They decide to keep the dungeon, but they were too complex in the first one, get 1 key, they only one door now....I can't believe how much they change the core of the game compare to the great first game.

Not interested if it's another shoddy port. Darksiders 2 still crashes regularly with no patch in sight.
Really soured me on them handling the series.

squall23

These guys are really doing things in reverse, I hope DS1 is 60fps and that DS2 gets a patch to make it 60fps on consoles.

Better late than never though, my biggest take from this is that we may be getting a Darksiders 3, so I say, bring on Fury for some whipping goodness......

4-Horsemen.png

4822263-7599325200-32804.jpg
Is that the official design for Strife or fanmade? Because he looks like a cyborg ninja that seems out of place.

What was stopping them from including 1 in darksiders 2 remaster?

That's why bioshock collection is something I support X remasters that include every game in their last gen series

If it gets to about $10 I'll bite though

Regiruler

Might pick this up. I own 1 on steam but I generally don't find PC gaming to be worth the effort a lot of the time for me, and I liked a lot of the convenience features from the DS2 Wii U version (even though I realized that it had an awful framerate going back to it).

100%-ed the PC version so don't realy care about this specifically, but I think their continued pushing of the Darksiders franchise bodes well for an eventual Darksiders 3.

This is really all I'm hoping for, that someone at Nordic is really high on the franchise and wants to see a continuation of that epic finale from the first game.

Son Of D

What was stopping them from including 1 in darksiders 2 remaster?

That's why bioshock collection is something I support X remasters that include every game in their last gen series

If it gets to about $10 I'll bite though

To be fair if they're $25 or $30 each then it's the same as buying a double pack which would likely cost $50 to $60. Plus if you only want the first game you can buy it on its own instead of paying $50/$60 for a collection where you only want one entry.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if a double pack releases for $50 or $60 when this comes out.

Are there any puns you can use with War for the title? Like how DS2 Had Death-initive Edition.

Darksiders: Warts and All Edition

But seriously, I'll buy this if/when they finally fix the glitched achievement in DS2 that has been unobtainable since launch.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
While I think the second one had better combat, I think the first one was a better game and IMO had more heart.

Just remove the Aerial Predator trophy/achievement.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Wonder if it'll have the same upgrades 2 had, with a new PBR solution and added depth to the textures? The result was pretty damn nice looking if I say so myself.

Also wonder if they'll fucking patch Darksiders 2 to completion on PC afterwards because as it is currently you need to be in a beta branch to get the latest patch.

Edit: Huh, interesting. Apparently there is a DX11 patch in the works for the Deathinitive version of DS2. Guessing it's being held up by the porting of the first one, assuming Gunfire is doing that as well, could very well be they're upgrading the engine along with the port of the first and will retrofit the upgrades to DS2 once it's done then.

Wii U (somehow) lives!

I guess it helps a lot that there's already a version of the engine running on Wii U :p

ShadowOwl

I've been avoiding Darksders 2 since release almost purely based on how pissed I was at Nordic not following through with the cliffhanger ending from the original.
  1. Why would you be pissed at Nordic? THQ was the publisher when the game was released back in 2012.
  2. Vigil Games developed the Darksiders series (subsidiary of THQ).

bunkitz

Nice. Really loved the first one, somewhat more than the second, even.

I need a third game, though. Ugh. Please.

My first thought playing deathinitive vers. : god, they could not achieve 60fps...how.

Its not that they couldnt acheive it. Its that they didnt use time to optimize the game to be able to do so.

Same story with Dishonored Definitive.

Both games run on toasters and could easily run at 60 on both platforms. Unfortunately they were both just rushed up rezzed GOTY editions.

ReyVGM

Can anyone explain what this means for the Wii U version? I can't seem to see the gamefly content and I've never used that site before.

Is DS going to be released digitally on the eshop, or is there going to be a physical release too?

Regginator

Variety? DS2 is 90% fetch quests.

Was specifically meaning the environment design variety, because I already stated DS1 had the better narrative structure. But in terms of visual design, DS1 was all greyish and boring post-apocalyptic Earth, whereas DS2 had a lot more, varied and contrasting environments.

Tizoc

Was specifically meaning the environment design variety, because I already stated DS1 had the better narrative structure. But in terms of visual design, DS1 was all greyish and boring post-apocalyptic Earth, whereas DS2 had a lot more, varied and contrasting environments.

Ah OK then.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Wasn't the remaster of Darksiders 2 really bad?

It's good but woefully unpolished, there's a patch coming eventually that'll bring it to DX11 though, apparently. At least according to the twitter of one of the devs. Even then, it runs better than the original release does for me, at least.

Edit: Oh, console versions, dunno bout that one :\

Seems like it was removed?

I hope this ends up being true, because I loved Darksiders and would gladly get it again. I didn't keep the copy I bought the first time around, and would love to go through it again on hard.

This was the game that made me decide to play most games on hard going forward. My friend played it on hard after I'd recommended it to him and beaten most of it on normal, and he told me it wasn't too bad. I was kind of jealous that he outdid me, lol.

This is better than the sequel, but both are good.

thelastword

Banned
Is that the official design for Strife or fanmade? Because he looks like a cyborg ninja that seems out of place.
Well, the picture ontop is official and more accurate......but perhaps it's the angle that makes him look kinda like a cyborg, I imagine in-game he will look pretty solid.

Top Bottom