• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GameInformer] Five Exciting Destinations You'll Visit In Final Fantasy XV

hemo memo

Gold Member
there's a particular moment in-game that I'm hoping will exceed my expectations.

it has to do with being on the road for a while and then arriving at a huge city.

i hope it's magical.

Me too. It going to be wonderful.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I really don't expect Lucis to be explorable, and even if it happens to be so it'll be limited to specific areas like in the platinum demo.

Venom Fox

Banned
Isn't Manchester a pretty heavy industry city? Niflheim is supposed to have lots of industry like that, so I imagine Niflheim's capital is the one.
Yeah your probably right :) never thought of it that way. Pretty cool to see your home city used as a reference.

Altissia is probably the coolest looking city I have seen in a 3D game. The game seems like it will be properly massive. Like bigger than Witcher 3. Well, I suppose if you traverse by car that was obvious.

Andromeda

Banned
Waaay back during Versus days. I think around 2008-2009. Not sure if it's still in FFXV, but Niflheim could be the one inspired by Manchester, yeah.

I don't know why people said a town or something was based on Manchester but the room where Regis and Iedolas have their confrontation in/the council room looks like the interior of Manchester Cathedral.

pLow7

Having basically no citys at all was my biggest dissappointment of FF13.
Getting to a new City visiting new Shops and getting new Items is something you look foward to in any FF.

Both Nomura and Tabata split the game in 3 big parts iirc, with Lestallum and Accordo being the central hubs of the first two.
I guess the last main city to be Tenebrae.

I expect it to go this way:
-Chapter 0
-Chapter 1: Opens in Insomnia (with Regis sending Noct away), then moves into Lucil -> Hammerhead -> Caem -> Galdin Quay -> Insomnia's walls
-Chapter 2: Lestallum -> Caem
-Chapter 3: Accordo
-Chapter 4: Tenebrae
-Chapter 5: Nilfheim
-Chapter 6: Insomnia's liberation
-Chapter 7: Final revelation and last dungeon/area/boss

I just think the whole game won't be that predictable. Also, rarely does the main motivation in the beginning of the game never change in a FF game. Where you are at the end is almost never where you thought you'd be in the beginning of your quest. While motivations remain, priorities change. We still don't know most of the villains' motivations other than "power hungry", which I doubt it's that easily defined. There's probably a reason why they want Lucis' crystal, and something dark conspiring in the shadows within Niflheim itself.

Magnus

I'm honestly really excited. HD Towns at last. The varied and huge locations we pines for in XIII. Awesome.

But lol, is one of them really called Insomnia? Hahaha

Koozek

I'm honestly really excited. HD Towns at last. The varied and huge locations we pines for in XIII. Awesome.

But lol, is one of them really called Insomnia? Hahaha
The city that never sleeps :p "Sleep" is an important theme in the game, btw. Insomnia is the capital of Lucis which is Noctis' kingdom. Noctis has always been seen sleeping in trailers and artworks since the reveal in 2006. Also the goddess in the game's logo looks like she's sleeping with her head turned to the side.

Mcdohl

I just think the whole game won't be that predictable. Also, rarely does the main motivation in the beginning of the game never change in a FF game. Where you are at the end is almost never where you thought you'd be in the beginning of your quest. While motivations remain, priorities change. We still don't know most of the villains' motivations other than "power hungry", which I doubt it's that easily defined. There's probably a reason why they want Lucis' crystal, and something dark conspiring in the shadows within Niflheim itself.

Didn't Tabata said they wanted to actually keep the story pretty simple this time? That is was more about the characters and their development alongside the plot, than the plot itself.

GrayChild

Looks like a PS2 title. Preorder cancelled.

I'll try to not spoil myself too much of this game. It will be hard though.

Famassu

Altissia is probably the coolest looking city I have seen in a 3D game. The game seems like it will be properly massive. Like bigger than Witcher 3. Well, I suppose if you traverse by car that was obvious.
EDIT: No, sorry, momentarily got those backwards. :S

Koozek

I hope we get smaller villages/cities too with the 3-4 huge cities

Yup, they confirmed several smaller "settlements". I mean, Galdin Quay is just a small town/resort, too.
gardhina_snap.jpg

CV69LssWwAAwjop.jpg

gardhina01.jpg

gardhina02.jpg

gardhina03.jpg

Top Bottom