• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GameInformer] Five Exciting Destinations You'll Visit In Final Fantasy XV

notaskwid

Do you actually talk to people in the city or is it like FF13 where they are kind of there but you can't go up and speak to them?
12 was also like that, I think (and hope) this too.
You can only talk to some people that'll say something remotely relevant.

Kyolux

ffxv2q3ucr.gif

woaaaaah
that's sweet

12 was also like that, I think (and hope) this too.
You can only talk to some people that'll say something remotely relevant.

I feel like it ruins the sense of discovery a bit when you do it that way. I like stumbling upon side quests by talking to random people. I hate it when games just put a bunch of markers on the map so you know exactly where all the quests and important people are.

I feel like it ruins the sense of discovery a bit when you do it that way. I like stumbling upon side quests by talking to random people. I hate it when games just put a bunch of markers on the map so you know exactly where all the quests and important people are.

What will probably happen is that you'll find markers as you explore. Like you'll turn a street corner and one of your party members will spot someone and tell you to check it out.

I think they said most quests will be pointed out to you by party members IIRC.

sappyday

How man cities are we gonna see

So far we know of 2 that are fully explorable which is Lestallum and Altissia.

We've always known of 5 major cities since the Versus days which are
1. Altissia
2. Insomnia
3. Niflhiem
4. Tenebrea
5. Solhiem

Altissia is explorable.

Insomnia might be explorable but not a great extent.

Niflhiem we don't know about but there is a mechanical looking area in the Uncovered trailer (The area at 1:24) that could be it. But we have no idea if it's a huge city or not even though you think it would be considering they have this huge army and resources. I remember someone, maybe Nomura, saying this is the place that is very medieval in order to contrast with Insomnia (Insomnia being a modern tokyo like place that relies on magic and swords, while Niflhiem being the opposite)

Tenebrea can be seen in the same trailer at 1:39.

Solhiem is the only place we haven't heard anything about. This place could possibly not even be in the game anymore or it might have been replaced by Lestallum.

1. Altissia
2. Insomnia
3. Niflhiem
4. Tenebrea
5. Solhiem

Altissia is explorable.

Niflhiem we don't know about but there is a mechanical looking area in the Uncovered trailer (The area at 1:24) that could be it. But we have no idea if it's a huge city or not even though you think it would be considering they have this huge army and resources. I remember someone, maybe Nomura, saying this is the place that is very medieval in order to contrast with Insomnia (Insomnia being a modern tokyo like place that relies on magic and swords, while Niflhiem being the opposite)

Solhiem is the only place we haven't heard anything about. This place could possibly not even be in the game anymore or it might have been replaced by Lestallum.
I think this is Niflheim.

Who

Banned
I've never played a Final Fantasy game.

This looks like it could be the best game ever made.

True Fire

I love how Square Enix is being secretive as hell about everything that happens after Altissia. I want that to continue. How amazing would it be if ~40 hours of the game goes unspoiled?

I love how Square Enix is being secretive as hell about everything that happens after Altissia. I want that to continue. How amazing would it be if ~40 hours of the game goes unspoiled?

Especially considering that most, if not all, of FFXIII's locations had been shared before its release.

notaskwid

If they want the cities to have a realistic amount of people in the streets, imagine how many npcs are there. I imagine the game will be fully voiced too.

Philippo

1. Altissia
2. Insomnia
3. Niflhiem
4. Tenebrea
5. Solhiem

Altissia is explorable.

Yeah i too think Solheim will not be accesible in the game (and if it will, it's going to be something limited), but we have 4 major cities, 2 of them (Altissia and most probably Tenebrae) highly explorable, and the others (Insomnia and Niflheim) more linear based.
Add another big city like Lestallum (and maybe another one of the same size).
Then there are small settlments like the one seens in yesterday's GI video, Caem, Galdin Quay etc.

I think towns fans will be very satisfied by this game.

Yeah i really hope so.
Altissia seems to be the central point in the story, kinda like at the end of CD 2 of 4 lol
And just to be sure, i better start going into blackout soon.

Kyne

there's a particular moment in-game that I'm hoping will exceed my expectations.

it has to do with being on the road for a while and then arriving at a huge city.

i hope it's magical.

Do those four never change their clothes? I mean, I remember in the first demo that came with Type 0, they wake up in the tent and are wearing the same clothes even then. So they sleep in them too...? Yes, yes, it's a game, but c'mon, it's 2016. At least have more clothing options! /nitpicking /stillgonnabuyday1

Aters

Do those four never change their clothes? I mean, I remember in the first demo that came with Type 0, they wake up in the tent and are wearing the same clothes even then. So they sleep in them too...? Yes, yes, it's a game, but c'mon, it's 2016. At least have more clothing options! /nitpicking /stillgonnabuyday1

They have a contract with a clothes brand......
Hope SE learn the lesson and never do it again.

sappyday

Well there is a DLC suit for Noctis so maybe there is hope.

Oh my god this looks so good!! I've never played a FF since VII, and I only got through the first disc on that game back in the PS1 days. Shit. Will this game be a good starting point for someone like me who has played next to no RPGs?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. These cities look fantastic, detailed, and varied...and then we have the four main characters wearing all black clothing. Even if they kept the same clothing the entire game (it IS an RPG), they couldn't have even given their designs more than one basic color?

I know it sounds ridiculous, but mind-numbing design choices like that keep me from getting excited about the game. Even FFXIII had more variety with their character designs.

Aters

I'm cautiously optimistic that Monolith Soft could top that on the NX...

XBX sells like shit, don't know if it breaks even. I'm cautiously optimistic that Nintendo will allow them to make another relatively high budget game at all.
I hope they do, but from a business stand point......

Koozek

Oh my god this looks so good!! I've never played a FF since VII, and I only got through the first disc on that game back in the PS1 days. Shit. Will this game be a good starting point for someone like me who has played next to no RPGs?
Yup, it's supposed to be a great entry point for series newcomers, as they're trying to expand the fan base! Simple relatable story themes, accessible "easy to learn, hard to master" real-time combat, huge beautiful world, but still a linear, focused plot line etc.

Watch the recent trailers!

English shorter version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C05PC_dGjsw

Extended Japanese version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_spmy6565w

Boats!
KXRDnIS.gif

A flying car!
rtp5r4ercxzzjqyzub9x.gif

Rideable yellow birds!
birgayrtxf.gif

Real-time Summons helping you out in battles!
ecqukj.gif

giphy.gif

WhPNB7m.gif

How could you not love that :D

I don't expect there to be a lack of interesting environments, my only issues with the game are the framerate and the weird aa in the latest demo.

DJIzana

XBX sells like shit, don't know if it breaks even. I'm cautiously optimistic that Nintendo will allow them to make another relatively high budget game at all.
I hope they do, but from a business stand point......

I completely disagree. Nintendo appears to be re-branding themselves entirely. I see Monolith Soft as being a pivotal part of this if this is the case.

Also, the games are doing two different things.

XBX has exploration and gameplay at the forefront of EVERYTHING else. The weaker elements, are obviously more notabl , the characters, the music and story (to some people... I happen to enjoy all of it).

FFXV, to me, seems to put exploration as an afterthought to everything else (at least per the GameInformer interview). The strong points for FFXV, to me, will be the opposite of XBX. Story, characters and music. I'm sure exploration will be great but I don't think it'll give the same freedom XBX provides.

I don't even know why I'm even comparing the two in the first place, honestly. I appreciate each game for their own strengths.

Top Bottom