• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamer.no: Nintendo Mini isn`t ceasing production in Europe (Norway)

Gamezone

Gold Member
The article is in Norwegian, but:

I can confirm that the production of the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System continues and that Nintendo of Europe will continue to send out consoles on a regular basis, says press officer in Bergsala, Inga-Brit Brækken to Gamer.no.

Beyond this, the distributor didn`t comment about what has changed at Nintendo or with them.

https://www.gamer.no/artikler/ninte...ssic-mini-skal-fortsatt-selges-i-norge/376728

Mawile

Banned
giphy.gif

I'll be happy to tell my friend about this.

oti

Banned
Because company prez Kimishima just saying they're shipping out more stuff wasn't good enough. :)

We all KNOW Nintendo and retailers WORLDWIDE are part of the CONSPIRACY to ARTIFICIALLY LIMIT SUPPLY so scalpers can make a lot of money on eBay.

WAKE UP!

PSOreo

That old thread full of people arguing over whether OP was correct or not sure reads differently now. Then again hindsight is always a powerful thing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The title probably has people thinking it's "Wii Mini". Should probably change it to "NES" so it's more eye catching.

I doubt many even remember the Wii Mini was a thing.

But it is kind of funny that a thread that has quotes from the Nintendo supplier of Scandinavia fell off the first page quickly, while a thread that's just based off hearsay had people running for the hills.

So chances are:
- It was a miscommunication
- Bergsala is removed from the chain, products come straight from NoE in Nordic countries (yes please)
- NoE continues shipping the NES Mini elsewhere in Europe, Bergsala just won't ship them in Nordic countries. Nothing in the statement contradicts this possibility.

Mawile

Banned

But it is kind of funny that a thread that has quotes from the Nintendo supplier of Scandinavia fell off the first page quickly, while a thread that's just based off hearsay had people running for the hills.

Dunno, with the way the title was worded I was confused on what the topic was about and I had no idea what the website was so I avoided the topic until I saw it bumped a few times then clicked and was happy again.

If it read like "NES Mini Confirmed Not Cancelled Confirmed" or something like that, people would've jumped in I wager.

There are quotes from the same Nintendo supplier of Scandinavia about the original subject: https://www.gamer.no/artikler/nintendo-mini-classic-skal-ikke-selges-mer-i-norden/376506
(Google Translate)

"Website Spillhistorie.no has however made contact with Johan Lenngerd in Bergsala AB, confirming the information.

- It is true that we have notified the stores of scheduled deliveries, and that after this do not come more Nintendo Classic Mini: NES to the north, he said to the website. "

I should note that their statements technically do not contradict each other.

Because company prez Kimishima just saying they're shipping out more stuff wasn't good enough. :)

Yes, because Nintendo is always known for its 100% crystal clear messaging, 100% of the time.

Right...

Although, this is really good news for European GAFers that want an NES Mini. Hopefully whatever "trickle down" rate they get is better than the absolute dogshit that we Americans are getting.

I have yet to see one of these things in an actual store. For all I know, it may not even be real :p

TheMoon

Yes, because Nintendo is always known for its 100% crystal clear messaging, 100% of the time.

Right...

Yes, very unclear. What could it mean. :)

Kimishima said:
We apologize to our consumers and retail partners for the inconvenience caused by product shortages. Some parts require time to procure, but we are working to increase production.

Nosgotham

People were talking so much shit about Nintendo, taking a random rumor on the internet as fact. It's funny to read threads like that afterwards.

Mr-Joker

Banned
That old thread full of people arguing over whether OP was correct or not sure reads differently now. Then again hindsight is always a powerful thing.

It's because people just jump to conclusion instead of you know using their brain and thinking about this logically.

It will happen again because they never learn.

Yes, very unclear. What could it mean. :)

Clearly it means that Nintendo is leaving the console market and going third party. ;p

jmizzal

But I canceled my Switch Preorder cuz Nintendo stopped producing the NES mini /s

fernoca

Title should have been:
Gamer.no rumor: Nintendo Mini ceasing production in Europe?

And even have: "Zelda Season Pass" on it too... to grab more attention.

Top Bottom