• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamers unite: Major Nelson and Sony's Adam Boyes playing games together at comic-con

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascenion

Not surprised Boyes and Major Nelson both seem pretty chill. Everyone is probably secret bros. I could definitely see secret executive get-togethers at Reggie's pad where they settle all their differences in Smash.

Chippiez

Banned
We only played one track (3 laps) that was themed around "Nightmare Before Christmas" - it was fun, but I need to play more before rendering a final opinion :)

Love that movie. Still not sure whether the "toy to game" for the kids will be the new Skylanders, Infinity or Lego game this year. I've had the most fun playing Skylanders with the kiddos, but maybe this is the year Infinity becomes more fun than novel. We'll see.

ironcreed

Banned
People within the industry are actually civilized and friendly with one another? I, for one, am truly amazed.

little-finger-nod.gif

SoulUnison

Banned
"Gamers Unite?"

What, because two grown adults played a game together at a huge social gathering that involved a lot of games?

Angel_DvA

lol "gamer unite" bullshit, there is a winner and a loser, it's how it works for everything, the winner have nothing to say to the loser.

It's just marketing, nothing more, nothing less. Microsoft has lose their balls since they get destroyed by Sony, there was a time when Microsoft was a feroce competitor, now there just trying to be the friendly dude who love everyone, so weak...

Who remember this ? :

and now we have this:

lol "gamer unite" bullshit, there is a winner and a loser, it's how it works for everything, the winner have nothing to say to the loser.

It's just marketing, nothing more, nothing less. Microsoft has lose their balls since they get destroyed by Sony, there was a time when Microsoft was a feroce competitor, now there just trying to be the friendly dude who love everyone, so weak...

You're right in that it's marketing, however it has nothing to do with "being weak". That's not how any of this works.

Caayn

Who remember this ? :

and now we have this:
It's called competition and it's good for the costumer of both parties. Look at how Sony acted when last gen started and how they switched half way through, look at how MS started this gen and how they're currently acting.

Because a company is competing with another company doesn't mean that employees of that company can't be friends with those of the competing company or spend some friendly time together. They've got a live as well, they aren't drones working a company.

Could have sworn like two other threads with this image were locked by Y2Kev when the image first popped up. It's okay to talk about now? Is it surprising that two adults can play games together without console war garbage interfering?

Angel_DvA

It's called competition and it's good for the costumer of both parties. Look at how Sony acted when last gen started and how they switched half way through, look at how MS started this gen and how they're currently acting.

Because a company is competing with another company doesn't mean that employees of that company can't be friends with those of the competing company or spend some friendly time together. They've got a live as well, they aren't drones working a company.

Let's be friends :

les-bisounours_43876342_2.jpg

More seriously, I think Sony last gen did a better job and get more aggressive on their second part of life when Microsoft was chilling , Sony lower the price of the PS3, get more exclusives, work harder and that's why they won.

Microsoft isn't changing their way, they're changing their talks.

nvm, not gonna bother.

You're first statement is as bad as this one, it's not about console warriors or anything, just about how it is ; )

btw I have both console and I game mostly on PC.

Circinus

Who remember this ? :

and now we have this:

Ugh.

It's Major Nelson playing a game and having fun with a colleague in the same business.. That's it..

So Boyes has time to play games but not sort out PSN?

Really can't tell the difference between dumb posts and parody posts anymore.

Alx

More seriously, I think Sony last gen did a better job and get more aggressive on their second part of life when Microsoft was chilling , Sony lower the price of the PS3, get more exclusives, work harder and that's why they won.

And so they didn't "win" by trash-talking the competition, but by working on their content and value to attract more customers, which is the right way to do it. No need to have "balls" and do marketing stunts against your competitors.
There's nothing weak in doing your job and doing it right.

Angel_DvA

And so they didn't "win" by trash-talking the competition, but by working on their content and value to attract more customers, which is the right way to do it. No need to have "balls" and do marketing stunts against your competitors.

I'm not talking about trash talking though, I think Microsoft need to be more aggressive in the good way, they aren't doing it yet.

Who remember this ? :

ME0000810331_2.jpg

and now we have this:

And this image is bad because...??

MogCakes

Nothing to add except +1 your post. In a perfect world this thread would have no point, it would be a given that people can enjoy the same hobby together despite being competitors.

Hexa

Adam Boyes is VP of third party relations. Major Nelson is director of programming.
MS going third party confirmed.

lol

ironcreed

Banned

Who remember this ? :

and now we have this:

denzel-laughl.gif

krang

Who remember this ? :

and now we have this:

You angry, breh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom