• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that are exclusive/enhanced on the New 3DS

BONKERS

MHGen is a disappointment not only from a technical point of view but also for its gameplay: "supermoves", styles and others gimmicks that destroy the perfectly balanced system of MH4U.

That said, I expected more enhanced games or patches for older ones but nothing. Nintendo being Nintendo, as usual. Tsk.

It's not Nintendo's fault if no other developers take real advantage of what they give them. That would be like Sony making PS4Pro, but no one makes any games to take advantage of it or patch older games but Sony.

TheMoon

It's not Nintendo's fault if no other developers take real advantage of what they give them. That would be like Sony making PS4Pro, but no one makes any games to take advantage of it or patch older games but Sony.

The only Nintendo game that really needed anything updated for N3DS would've been DKCR3D anyway.

MH4U got the big fancy package because it launched alongside the N3DS.

Dingens

Because of how it was advertised? I mean Nintendo puts out a new nintendo 3ds cover for one game? Just thought (like im sure others did as well) that there would be more than just xenoblade. Not that difficult to understand.

I didn't get that impression at all...
I still think we got Xenoblade only because of Japan. The Wii Version didn't sell well since it was on the Wii, a new "Xenoblade" game was about to launch, there was hardly any hype since most japanese gamers didn't play the original... and being handheld-country, it seemed only logical to bring it to the 3ds.
Besides that, the n3DS was always just the latest (and best) version of the 3ds which adressed most complaints people had with the original, so I don't see why they should pump out exclusive software at all cost for a mere updated version.
I mean, just like the gbc and the dsi, it replaced the original unit in stores, so there was hardly any need to create an incentive to make people buy it instead, since who didn't own a 3ds before would have to go for a n3ds anyway (or a used one ofc). And people who where "upgrading" could benefit from an overall better system - if they really wanted.
It's the same with phones really... why do people by new ones despite owning a perfectly fine older model? the software is the same, it just runs faster.

This is true, but it's worth noting that Sony mandated developers support PS4 Pro in any game shipping beyond September with a forwards-compatible patch, and any games shipping after October must support it in the initial code.

Sony is in a position to leverage that sort of thing from its developers, but you could argue so was Nintendo. It's not like the developers making specific 3DS games can just take their games elsewhere.

Anyway, it's not a huge deal. Nintendo didn't make a huge deal out of the improved performance of the system outside of the OS and system apps like the eShop, and the N3DS offers so many more advantages away from it that I can only be mildly disappointed that few games support the improved hardware. By comparison PS4 Pro's only advantage is the faster speed, so it was important for Sony to make sure that the value is added there.

MHGen is a disappointment not only from a technical point of view but also for its gameplay: "supermoves", styles and others gimmicks that destroy the perfectly balanced system of MH4U.

That said, I expected more enhanced games or patches for older ones but nothing. Nintendo being Nintendo, as usual. Tsk.

Well, Sony made it a mandatory requirement for developers to support the Pro model for all games releasing after September 2016. Everything else was a token show of support. Still, Sony exceeded on changing the expectations of Pro owners, but you could argue they had to as the only improvement the Pro brings is speed, whereas only one of N3DS's improvements was the faster processing power.

I do wish Nintendo did more to make sure developers supported the N3DS, but at the same point very few big 3DS games feel like they would benefit from it in the first place since they target the base model.

Unless I'm imagining things, Super Mario Maker loads much faster on New 3DS. Not that I can test it past that due to the save being locked to the 3DS that created it.

EDIT: oh, it's an "extended RAM" game like Smash Bros, so yeah.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Updated with some more N3DS-only games, all of which are indie games. The weird part is these games doesn't seen very graphical intensive enough to require the new power of the N3DS. There are now actually more than 20 N3DS-only titles

TheMoon

Updated with some more N3DS-only games, all of which are indie games. The weird part is these games doesn't seen very graphical intensive enough to require the new power of the N3DS. There are now actually more than 20 N3DS-only titles

RCMADIAX's crap games run on Unity. That's why.

I lost my old 3DS and had to buy a New 3DS so I really appreciate this list! Thank you!

Pleased to see Dragon Quest on here since I will be playing that soon.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Are the SNES games in 3d? Can't seem to find this info online.

Nope. 3D would require that the individual SNES games be edited in some way, and VC games are for the most part untouched.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Steamworld Heist
- Support stereoscopic 3D in 60fps (stereoscopic 3D 30fps on old 3DS)

Stretchmo
- better framerate (60fps)
Definitive versions ahoy. Surpassing even the wiiU ports.

ghibli99

Any lefties here try Kid Icarus Uprising using the c-stick nub? I found it unplayable on the original 3DS, but would be curious to know if it helps on the n3DS. Thanks!

Drain You

Any lefties here try Kid Icarus Uprising using the c-stick nub? I found it unplayable on the original 3DS, but would be curious to know if it helps on the n3DS. Thanks!

Would love to know this too. Also still salty Pikmin WiiU or whatever its called doesn't have a lefty mode either.

Shiggy

You don't want to use the nub for lengthy periods. For adjusting the camera in a game it's alright, but it's not suitable for moving your camera.

blu

Sounds like I fucked up buying the Steamworld collection on WiiU :/
WiiU collection is on my to-buy list, but I don't currently have a n3ds (then again I'm not in a hurry as I've played all steamworlds on the og 3ds).

blu

It's also available on Vita! Perhaps you own that device?
Nope, but I have two psp's - does that make a vita? ; ]

In seriousness, I was considering the 60fps stereoscopic mode on the n3ds, as all steamworld games make very aesthetically pleasing use of the 3d effect.

TheMoon

Sounds like I fucked up buying the Steamworld collection on WiiU :/

Nah. Only thing you're missing is the 3D which is, imo, very negligible in SteamWorld games. Plus you get a superior viewing area in the HD versions.

Nope, but I have two psp's - does that make a vita? ; ]

In seriousness, I was considering the 60fps stereoscopic mode on the n3ds, as all steamworld games make very aesthetically pleasing use of the 3d effect.

I find it not adding much, personally.

Terraria's on sale right now, and though I know it has a framerate bump and bigger maps on New 3DS, I was also wondering if it takes advantage of the C-stick? I can't find direct confirmation anywhere, and though I'm sure the touch controls work great, that setup cramps my hand after a while. I've also read that the left stick has a movement deadzone that allows you to control your aim, but it sounds a bit cumbersome. I'd be more willing to throw down for it if they give the option to split movement/aim controls across the two sticks.

TheMoon

I mean, dude has to be trolling with the lamest joke ever or I don't know anymore

By the way Metroid: Samus returns is N3DS enhanced as it uses the C-Stick to pan the map screen around.

Opa-Pa

I mean, dude has to be trolling with the lamest joke ever or I don't know anymore

By the way Metroid: Samus returns is N3DS enhanced as it uses the C-Stick to pan the map screen around.

It also eliminates frame rate drops present when playing on OG3DS, making it locked 30FPS even with 3D on.

Also, doesn't Monster Hunter Stories work like Smash, where it disables Miiverse and uses the OS' extra RAM?

It also eliminates frame rate drops present when playing on OG3DS, making it locked 30FPS even with 3D on.

It's definitely not locked. I've noticed a few framerate drops on my n3DS so far, albeit very brief ones.

Also, Minecraft should probably be added to the OP. :p

dyreschlock

Not sure if this one had been mentioned before, or if you wanted to add it to the list, but...

Pokemon Sun Moon loads quite faster on the New 3DS XL v. the 3DS XL. In some spots, twice as fast.

Anyone know of or is able to test if there are N3DS enhancements on the following games? E.g. improved performance or visuals, or even faster load due to higher RAM usage, or native C-Stick support

-Metroid: Samus Returns
-Culdcept Revolt
-Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions
-Miitopia
-Hey Pikmin
-Girls Mode 4/New Style Boutique 3
-Etrian Odyssey V
-Fire Emblem Echoes

Minecraft needs to be added to the list of exclusives.

Anyone know of or is able to test if there are N3DS enhancements on the following games? E.g. improved performance or visuals, or even faster load due to higher RAM usage, or native C-Stick support

-Metroid: Samus Returns - unsure
-Culdcept Revolt - unsure
-Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions - no
-Miitopia - no idea
-Hey Pikmin - no
-Girls Mode 4/New Style Boutique 3 - no idea
-Etrian Odyssey V - no idea
-Fire Emblem Echoes - C-stick

Minecraft needs to be added to the list of exclusives.

Added what I know above.

TheMoon

-Metroid: Samus Returns.

C-Stick to move the map screen around

That's documented in my OT, as usual :p

Top Bottom