• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games with Gold for February

rapid32.5

Great games but Im done ever subscribing to Gold if GamePass follows this, same thing. I dropped PS plus two years ago and no regrets, it's not worth the value they offer even for 30$ Cd keys deals.

Last edited:
Here's an idea, maybe actually read what ms has said and realize the price hadn't changed for you on a renewal before spewing off this crap.
Fine, let me add what I should have, I guarantee that so many are in the same boat. I got the deal to upgrade gold to gamepass ultimate a long time ago. So I’m fucked because I no longer have gold, I have ultimate which I hadn’t planned on keeping. So now my options are pay $120 just to play MCC online, or pay $145 just to play MCC online. Great. Edit: Those are US prices, in Canada I will be paying $17 a month for ultimate. So $204 a year.

But look at the bigger picture, instead of trying to grow their community, they’re doing everything to whittle it down to as few players as possible by doing stuff like this. This is shit no matter how you look at it, grandfather account prices or not. Even if you only have gold, you are forced to keep an active subscription, runs out for one day, well fuck you, you’re paying $120 now.

This is so anti-consumer that I don’t see how anybody would defend it in the slightest.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Damn, glad i have gamepass ultimate until the end of the year already

I'm locked in until Feb 2023. I figure at that point I'll be caught up with what I want to play of the stuff on Gamepass now plus what gets added through then that I care to play and can just switch to grabbing a month or three of Gamepass when there's new stuff I want to play rather than buy. Maybe I'll need Live if more friends get an XSX, but all my online gaming was on PS4 last gen so I'm guess it will be on PS5 this gen as most of my buddies only buy one console and I don't think any plan to jump ship to Xbox.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Fine, let me add what I should have, I guarantee that so many are in the same boat. I got the deal to upgrade gold to gamepass ultimate a long time ago. So I’m fucked because I no longer have gold, I have ultimate which I hadn’t planned on keeping. So now my options are pay $120 just to play MCC online, or pay $145 just to play MCC online. Great. Edit: Those are US prices, in Canada I will be paying $17 a month for ultimate. So $204 a year.

But look at the bigger picture, instead of trying to grow their community, they’re doing everything to whittle it down to as few players as possible by doing stuff like this. This is shit no matter how you look at it, grandfather account prices or not. Even if you only have gold, you are forced to keep an active subscription, runs out for one day, well fuck you, you’re paying $120 now.

This is so anti-consumer that I don’t see how anybody would defend it in the slightest.

You did the upgrade to ultimate but didn't max out your 36 months first?

Any time any price goes up people can say "anti consumer", but these things happen. Anyone notice the more expensive next gen games that were already overpriced before? Yet you still by those.

Gamepass is hugely pro consumer, especially for a casual gamer who is behind a few months - yet you say you won't renew it.

I dont agree with ms here though overall, I think they should have dropped all free games with gold and actually dropped the price, and pushed towards ultimate the other way.
But who knows, maybe they will drop gold altogether and allow online gaming once they have enough people moved over to ultimate - that's more likely the goal.

You did the upgrade to ultimate but didn't max out your 36 months first?
Gamepass is hugely pro consumer, especially for a casual gamer who is behind a few months - yet you say you won't renew it.

I did max it but that was a while ago, my sub runs out at the end of this year.

I said I won’t renew gamepass ultimate, I just want to play online, I don’t want game pass. Now because I took that deal I’m forced into paying $120 a year just to play online which I will not do.

CitizenZ

Banned
Y’all thought you weren’t paying for that Bethesda acquisition, huh? Lmaooooo

LOL reminds me of when i was at Ohio State and they did a major rennovation to the stadium and said students would not be responsible for the cost. Like all politicians and circus barkers the next yr tuition was increased i would estimate an extra $100 per credit

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Great games but Im done ever subscribing to Gold if GamePass follows this, same thing. I dropped PS plus two years ago and no regrets, it's not worth the value they offer even for 30$ Cd keys deals.
:lollipop_anxious_sweat: What I just read makes no sense.:lollipop_anxious_sweat:

Great games on offer this month.
You will stop Gold if Gamepass will get great games too.
You quit PS+ because its not worth it being too cheap.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

bender

What time is it?
:lollipop_anxious_sweat: What I just read makes no sense.:lollipop_anxious_sweat:

Great games on offer this month.
You will stop Gold if Gamepass will get great games too.
You quit PS+ because its not worth it being too cheap.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Sounds like he's a GamePass Ultimate subscriber but would let that lapse if it see similar price increases to the newly announced Gold price increases. He let his PS+ lapse and doesn't regret the decision and that's taking into account the 50%+ discount that CDKeys offers on PS+ Subscriptions (US).

Dr Bass

I bought that game for like $3 on GOG. This is such a ripoff.
I feel bad for actual fans (not fanboys) of Xbox. This is such a dick move.

Gigaboots predicted this would happen months ago. It was at the time when Jeff Grubb made that dumb tweet of Xbox Live going away.

Especially combined with the whole Series S "value console" proposition, where they were providing a "next gen" console for a lower price. But now to use it properly, these families that, maybe have less to spend, are getting part of their costs doubled. 120 a year to play online feels like a lot of money. GamePass will absolutely go up in the future as well. Look at what happened with Netflix, Disney+, Youtube TV, Hulu etc. These streaming services just aren't tenable at the introductory prices.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Especially combined with the whole Series S "value console" proposition, where they were providing a "next gen" console for a lower price. But now to use it properly, these families that, maybe have less to spend, are getting part of their costs doubled. 120 a year to play online feels like a lot of money. GamePass will absolutely go up in the future as well. Look at what happened with Netflix, Disney+, Youtube TV, Hulu etc. These streaming services just aren't tenable at the introductory prices.

$120 is too much for sure just for online gaming. I wonder, maybe the game isn't an xbox gold increase, but rather a move still to one price. Maybe ms figured nobody would care, and the announce that gold is no more, only to have ultimate replace both at $120 per year in a few months.

Last edited:

Bridges

OP needs an update.
Also, is it weird that I’m hyped and will probably actually end up playing Lost Planet 2?
Lost Planet 2 is amazing, one of my favorite 360-era co-op experiences. I'm curious to see how it runs/looks on Series X, I remember it having some pretty cool setpiece battles when the bigger monsters show up.

intbal

I'm not sure if this was already mentioned elsewhere or not. Ignore if so.
I was looking at this THQ Nordic sale on my Xbox and noticed that they have the Xbox 360 game Frontlines Fuel of War listed as a free Games With Gold download.
I didn't see Microsoft make any mention of this. But here it is. I just grabbed it. Offer good for the next three days.

Justin9mm

The games are bad but tbf I don’t get disconnected on xbl anywhere near as frequently as on PSN

and xbox party chat is vastly superior to playstation chat. (Even on ps5 where it’s somehow worse. You have to create a menu to a menu from a menu and Theres no way to reallocate in-game audio to the tv and keep chat in the headset whereas on xbo you just toggle an option in the party settings)
If you're getting disconnected from PSN then I think you may want to check your setup, that's not a thing! It's been stable as a table playing for at least the last few years pretty much everyday. I can only think of a few instances when PSN was actually down, apart from that it doesn't randomly disconnect you.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
They should be more extensive with the old games added, I think
I was hoping they'd get their finger out their arse and get more BC games up by now..

It's very quite on the MS front and this new consoles been out a few months, what have we had? The Medium, errmm, thats it?

D.Final

Banned
I was hoping they'd get their finger out their arse and get more BC games up by now..

It's very quite on the MS front and this new consoles been out a few months, what have we had? The Medium, errmm, thats it?
Yeah

Let's hope for a good resurrection about the whole gaming library

Boss Mog

I like how Microsoft shoves its dick on console players' ass with paid online while the exact same games don't have any extra charges to play online in PC. And they (console fanboys) totally deserve it.
Honestly you sound like a 10 year old with no grasp of how any of this works.

Moogle11

Banned
Random question as I’m new (well back after 360) to Xbox. Is there a way to add Games with Gold to your library with out the download starting? With last month’s I couldn’t figure it out and just quickly canceled the download.

I’m one that likes to claim free games even if I may never play them.

J-Roderton

Random question as I’m new (well back after 360) to Xbox. Is there a way to add Games with Gold to your library with out the download starting? With last month’s I couldn’t figure it out and just quickly canceled the download.

I’m one that likes to claim free games even if I may never play them.

Same. Used to work for me when selecting get game or whatever. Lately they’ve just been auto downloading.

Why op is not updated? Purposely trying to spread misinformation i see.

There's no price increase anymore and Live is free for f2p games

isoRhythm

Banned
Why op is not updated? Purposely trying to spread misinformation i see.

There's no price increase anymore and Live is free for f2p games
Because people are not obligated to go back and update the title/contents of every thread that revolves around some decision that was reversed. OP likely forgot about this thread

Last edited:

driqe

Games we got in february:

1. Gears 5
  2. Resident Evil
  3. Dandara
  4. Indiana Jones
  5. Lost Planet 2
  6. Red Faction: Armaggedon
  7. Darksiders
  8. The Maw
  9. Frontlines: Fuel of War

Last edited:

Camreezie

They also give every PS5 PS+ owner all of these. I'd argue there are more modern classics from the previous gen just in this batch of free PS+ games than everything in GamePass's rental service (where games are eventually taken away, even as you stay subscribed).

swibiheiz1t51.jpg
Theres also the N Sane trilogy and Black Ops 3 just sayin

Top Bottom