• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you anticipated but never bought when it came out.

negitoro7

Okami.

Not excited for it anymore since finding out about the gibberish voices, the fetch quests, the lack of challenge.
I can see myself picking it up later on when it's $19.99

Animaniac

Tomb Raider Legend PSP
Finally a multiplayer mode in TR I thought. Pity it's a shitty port.

Outrun 2006
Not sure why. I loved Outrun 2, I guess I just couldn't be bothered doing it all again.

D2
I thought it would be the second DC game I'd play, but it didn't even get a damn EU release!

disco

i was pumped for Resident Evil 4, then well, it was for gamecube, and i simply couldn't face looking at it anymore, so i just thought meh, all i play is ds right now, preordered a wii, hopefully that'll get me back into the home console flow of things

Vexidus

Okami is a big one for me right now

In the past, Paper Mario was one, didn't buy it until last year, and enjoyed the hell out of it

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
discocaine said:
i was pumped for Resident Evil 4, then well, it was for gamecube, and i simply couldn't face looking at it anymore, so i just thought meh, all i play is ds right now, preordered a wii, hopefully that'll get me back into the home console flow of things

:O

:(

Grayman

TheMan said:
exosquad- I used to LOVE this show back in the day. When I first read in gamepro (yes I know that mag sucks and no i don't read it anymore) that a game based on the cartoon was coming out i was super excited. Unfortunately, when it did come out I was broke (not unusual considering i was in my early teens) and my parents refused to buy it for me, so I was forced to rent it instead...

thank god.
I was reading this post and knew it was a game that you should just rent. awesome show but man was that game uneventful. I think I only played the first few levels.

MegaTen

Banned
Loco Roco and Cooking Mama. I had been anticipating them for a long time, but ended up getting other console games. They just happened to come out at the worst time since there were so many releases the past few months. I will get them eventually. Hopefully before the year's end.

Battlefield 2
Tekken 5
SoulCalibur 3
GTA Liberty City Stories
GRAW
Halo 2
Grandia III
Daxter
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror

Lack of $$$ sucks

firex

Lionheart (PC): the idea of Diablo 2 set in an alternate history universe during the Crusades, using the Fallout character creation system, sounded awesome. Then I played the demo they released and wow, horrible game.

Sysgen

Dead Rising. Really looked forward to this but I can't be bothered with the save system. Definte get when the price drops.

binary

Conker: Live & Reloaded
Metal Gear Solid 2
Okami
Killer 7
Fable
Brute Force
Shadow of the Colossus
Jade Empire
Perfect Dark Zero
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Spikeout: Battle Street

Typically, when a game suffers more than one delay in release I lose all interest in the game.

demi

I anticipate a lot of games, but I never buy them because I want to see them bomb and make you cry.

Tork (Xbox): I fell in love with Tiwak's little prehistoric guy, and it was terrible when Microsoft announced that they cancelled the game. I was so happy when Ubi said they picked it up alongside with Tiwak itself (they made a great work with GRAW for the X360), but when Tork finally came out there was so much other stuff to play, that I just didn't have the time to buy it.

Malice (Xbox): nearly the same here. With the exception that the game turned out to be far away from good.

Phantasy Star Universe (X360): I was really hyped for this game, but it looks and feels so 2001 that I'm going to miss the launch. There's so much good stuff coming out, that I don't have the time to play this.

Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams and Steambot Chronicles. I was going to pick them up at release, but I forgot, and am now waiting for massive price drops.

Calidor

World of Warcraft: Didn't had the cash at the moment, now it's too late for god status (yeah I'm too competitive on MMMORPG)

Majora's Mask: suddenly lost interest

Banjo Tooie: arrived too late

Battlefield 2142: the beta sucked sooo bad, demo didn't fix anything either.

Top Bottom