• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you remember, names you don't

Kas

Here's one.

It was for the PS2 at least, and it was similar to one of the Backyard sports games, but it had things like marbles and RC cars and maybe a dart gun game?

I may be confusing it with something else, but I don't think I am.

OGBOBBYJOHNSON

Neo Member
I have a few games that, for the life of me, I could never find the names.

#1 This was on pc I believe at least 10 years ago. I played as some sort of hitman or action hero who was driving a car through a canyon or desert setting and you had to kill opposing enemies you found on the side of the road? That is all I remember but I loved it :(

#2 On pc as well, it was a game that featured cars with weapons and you battled other cars with weapons in a city setting at night? I can not remember this game either!

#3 This was a jam pack game or demo disc game on ps2 I believe where the demo allowed you to fly a dragon? Also there was a horror game demo on that same demo disc,

#4 Last but not least, there was a disney game on ps2 or 1, probably 2 that had different levels and included fighting I believe? There was one level where you fought a large dog in a back yard, not pluto but I forget his name.

If anyone can help me, that would be amazing!!

Boss X

Banned
Can't find this certain game, I remember it was for the PS4 and the cover had a astronaut, and it may have been a turn-based strategy or tower defense game. Thanks!

mclem

#1 This was on pc I believe at least 10 years ago. I played as some sort of hitman or action hero who was driving a car through a canyon or desert setting and you had to kill opposing enemies you found on the side of the road? That is all I remember but I loved it :(

I wonder if that might be one of the Interstate titles (Interstate '76, Interstate '82). They're a bit older than that, though.

#2 On pc as well, it was a game that featured cars with weapons and you battled other cars with weapons in a city setting at night? I can not remember this game either!

Could be Quarantine, perhaps? Edit: Ah, already been suggested.

hotcyder

monkey_ingame.png

Monkey Shines?

Oh wow. Right in the memory banks. Thank you!

Begbie

This wasn't a game I ever played, actually I don't know if it was ever released.

This was from a few years back, an Earthbound type RPG that was being built for the DS (or maybe 3DS?). The whole game was being developed by one guy but he was having difficulties getting it published to Nintendo's store. As far as I remember, this guy didn't make any games before this and he didn't want to say too much about it claiming how great it would be and that people would steal his ideas if he shared them. The guy was pretty vocal online about his frustrations.. no idea if it was ever finished or published anywhere..?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
This wasn't a game I ever played, actually I don't know if it was ever released.

This was from a few years back, an Earthbound type RPG that was being built for the DS (or maybe 3DS?). The whole game was being developed by one guy but he was having difficulties getting it published to Nintendo's store. As far as I remember, this guy didn't make any games before this and he didn't want to say too much about it claiming how great it would be and that people would steal his ideas if he shared them. The guy was pretty vocal online about his frustrations.. no idea if it was ever finished or published anywhere..?

Sounds like Bob's Game.

If anyone can help me, that would be amazing!!

My money's on Crime Killer. There was a PSX version as well.

Just the thread I was looking for. It was a game like Track and Field, but the people had super strength. One even had them throwing missiles, another had them leaping off the side of buildings up to the roof. Please help.

Edit: only played in the Arcade in the 90s

Vlade

Just the thread I was looking for. It was a game like Track and Field, but the people had super strength. One even had them throwing missiles, another had them leaping off the side of buildings up to the roof. Please help.

Edit: only played in the Arcade in the 90s

Arcade? Definitely Numan Athletics.

WestEgg

I don't remember much about this game, just that I really enjoyed it and haven't been able to find it since.

• It was on the Sega Genesis
  • It was a side scrolling action game, in which I'm pretty sure you could choose to play a boy or girl character
  • I think you have some kind of robot for a commander/helper, who appears in the opening story cutscene and in the first level, he's in the background near the start and points for you to go forward.

JelDeRebel

Neo Member
there was this PC game I played at my cousin, like more than 20 years ago. it was something with a jetpack. there also was a lvl editor

Marker007

There was a Saturn game I remember playing as a kid, you played a Knight and it was from a side scrolling perspective and the character had a wind up gear in his back.

phyrlord

Co-worker was just trying to remember a name of a game he played in the last 5 years but couldn't.

He says it was sci-fi themed and that you could switch from third person to first person by hitting E (PC).

Anyone?

woobit

This isn't a game, but its related:

Bear with me, my details are vague. What I'm looking for is a video that was presented as a leaked Gamecube boot/startup video. It started with a view of the castle from Mario 64, then zoomed out revealing lots of castles. The castles then formed a Gamecube or Nintendo-logo - indicating that the machine was so powerful that it could render N64 stuffs x100.
Turns our it was a pc rendered video - or just my imagination? No Google search has helped

This isn't a game, but its related:

Bear with me, my details are vague. What I'm looking for is a video that was presented as a leaked Gamecube boot/startup video. It started with a view of the castle from Mario 64, then zoomed out revealing lots of castles. The castles then formed a Gamecube or Nintendo-logo - indicating that the machine was so powerful that it could render N64 stuffs x100.
Turns our it was a pc rendered video - or just my imagination? No Google search has helped

Sounds like the nintendo ON video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsV6VrOTFJo the castle sequence starts at about 2 minutes in.

It was on the NES, the screen moved from left to right and you moved a cursor around shooting bad guys and helicopters. Operation something... thinking on it now makes it feel like the settings was early 80s guerilla warfare.

joeblow

Co-worker was just trying to remember a name of a game he played in the last 5 years but couldn't.

He says it was sci-fi themed and that you could switch from third person to first person by hitting E (PC).

Anyone?
Lol, for a game that he played that recently, your co-worker can do a lot better in providing more helpful details.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Anyone?
That's incredibly vague, could be Fallout 3/New Vegas, Borderlands, or any number of game...

frankelliott

Neo Member
I remember this game I saw the brother of a friend playing about 16 years ago on (I think) PS1. That era at least. At the time, I thought it was kind of like a 3D Pokemon game... in hindsight it must have been some kind of tactical RPG but with cute little characters.

Thought it looked cool but have never been able to find it. Any help appreciated!

I remember this game I saw the brother of a friend playing about 16 years ago on (I think) PS1. That era at least. At the time, I thought it was kind of like a 3D Pokemon game... in hindsight it must have been some kind of tactical RPG but with cute little characters.

Thought it looked cool but have never been able to find it. Any help appreciated!

Jade Cocoon or Guardian's Crusade perhaps?

retroman

I don't remember much about this game, just that I really enjoyed it and haven't been able to find it since.

• It was on the Sega Genesis
  • It was a side scrolling action game, in which I'm pretty sure you could choose to play a boy or girl character
  • I think you have some kind of robot for a commander/helper, who appears in the opening story cutscene and in the first level, he's in the background near the start and points for you to go forward.
Was it a standard platformer or more a run 'n gun game?

And what kind of art style did it have?

Also, any idea if it was a Japanese game or Western-developed?

frankelliott

Neo Member
Neither of those although that rhapsody looked a bit like it could have been. I’ve since discovered that it was Eternal Eyes. Apparently it’s distinctly average though, so I probably won’t bother getting it. :)

Top Bottom