• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you've come to think of in a different light over the years.

Tschumi

Hype. Ageing gameplay. Expectations. Echo chambers. Competing Consoles. Whathaveyou.

Sometimes our appreciation of a game can be out of our hands. Are there games out there that you've grown an evolved opinion about, over the years?

---

Metal Gear Solid 4 (sorry MHK) - I'm glad I put lots of time into it, and absorbed the story, and I find the whole thing to be a study in stylish graphic design... but it's a bloated, stuttering, schizophrenic game to me now - i bought a second hand ps3 last year in part to replay this game and I couldn't get past the first few minutes of the jungle act.

Diagnosis: Yeah, gaming's moved on, MGS5 exists, it righted a lot of wrongs and wronged a lot of rights from MGS4... It's a game from a different decade. I'm okay with not liking it much anymore.

Last edited:

Damigos

Breath of the Wild
It was one of the reasons i bought a switch.
Now one of the reasons i wanna sell it

The frame rate is not only low, but unstable and the breaking weapons mechanic has ruined the game for me

had a broken PS3 forever. Finally replaced it. Been playing some old games.

Arkham City performance is way worse than i remember. Assassins Creed Brotherhood is better than i remember.

I hated the driving in GTA IV when it launched. But now i like it

THEAP99

Banned
i did a 180 on my gaming tastes when it comes to control and souls games. hated them the first time I played but now I really enjoy those games

Top Bottom