• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom 2013 Info & Summary Thread

Kinan

god damn gaf stability problems. I think i got most of the sony stuff in op, will check once more after sleep.

pleunv

I still don't understand what that "PS4 friendly internet access" means

I would guess things like PSN downloads that don't count towards monthly bandwidth caps and so on. There are still quite a few providers that have subscriptions with ridiculously low caps (< 100GB/month). In this day and age with everything shifting towards digital and game releases crossing 20GB limits like that are a bit ridiculous.

AniHawk

&#9679; Sony has announced that digital PS4 versions of select PS3 titles will be "significantly" discounted. The titles named were Call of Duty: Ghosts, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag and Battlefield 4. (Link)

okay, i heard this during the conference but wasn't paying attention. thought it would be a wider push for bc, and would eventually mean at least having your psn collection of games carry over from generation to generation.

hopefully that's what happens. until then the account system is almost useless.

Some cool announcements but not OMG! moments.

I liked so far

Kinect Sports XB1 game looks cool and the kinect 2.0, never thought I would say this.. If Kinect 2.0 ends up living to what has been said, then I might consider the XB1, right now I am just curious nothing more.
The new game by Tequila Works
The War Thunder game
Garden Warfare
TitanFall
Killzone SF new screens look pretty cool

Biker19

Banned
I wonder if the 12 GB PS3 will allow me to upgrade to a 1 TB Internal HDD. If so, I'm definitely buying one.

What would be a good internal HDD by the way with 7200 RPM speed?

Kinan

I wonder if the 12 GB PS3 will allow me to upgrade to a 1 TB Internal HDD. If so, I'm definitely buying one.

What would be a good internal HDD by the way with 7200 RPM speed?

Sure you can upgrade easily, thats whole point. If you really want 7200 rpm 1TB hdd you dont
much choice though. Only one I could find that fits in 2.5", 9.5mm thick frame is this Hitachi drive.
The performance difference between 7200rpm and 5400 rpm is not really noticable in PS3, so I woud just go with plenty of 5400 1Tb drives out there.

Kinan

So I take it no lessons were learned from E3 regarding server requirements?

Another conference missed.

As far as I am aware, the problem is not with the server capacity, GAF has got enough. Its a problem with forum architecture, fixing it demands rewriting the whole stuff.

Kinan

Man, so what's on the agenda tomorrow, exactly? I thought it lasts for more than just today.

The show starts today and goes till the end of the week. :) So we should get a lot of media and impressions both from press and from gaffers on the show floor. I'll be back today evening with my personal impressions and maybe with some videos. :)

The show starts today and goes till the end of the week. :) So we should get a lot of media and impressions both from press and from gaffers on the show floor. I'll be back today evening with my personal impressions and maybe with some videos. :)

Sweet! This week is going to great!

Dear Sony, please stop putting your awkward out of touch executives into your press conferences.

Just put Mark Cerny up there and let his smooth, confident and soft voice caress us through these conferences.

JimmyBoy

when they first revealed the PS4 they talked about a feature that lets you help friends in their SP campaigns by giving them special items. Guerilla's Owl sounds just like that - special little flying robot for KZ4.

Ahh, thank you. I didn't have that context. That's pretty neat. Gifting would be a welcome addition though.

Biker19

Banned
Sure you can upgrade easily, thats whole point. If you really want 7200 rpm 1TB hdd you dont
much choice though. Only one I could find that fits in 2.5", 9.5mm thick frame is this Hitachi drive.
The performance difference between 7200rpm and 5400 rpm is not really noticable in PS3, so I woud just go with plenty of 5400 1Tb drives out there.

Thanks, Kinan! :)

575172_10153144294210290_1917941132_n.jpg

GlamFM

Banned
Just came home from a long day at gamescom.
Very exhausting..

Played:

Forza 5
Drive Club
The Crew
Assassins Creed 4
Need for speed
Knack
Elder Scrolls online

Also saw Destiny being played.

New Controllers are great - PS4 controller is my favorite out of the 2.

Bricky

Hmm, turns out one of my friends is going to Gamescom with his brother this Friday and I can probably come with them, which is awesome of course. The problem here is the ticket shop on the Gamescom-site seems to be down (and apparently has been down for a day or so already).

If it stays down, is it worth it to try and get a ticket at the event itself? Or is it too busy for that usually? We're talking pre-weekend here, if this was about Saturday I wouldn't even bother of course. ;)

GlamFM

Banned
Hmm, turns out one of my friends is going to Gamescom with his brother this Friday and I can probably come with them, which is awesome of course. The problem here is the ticket shop on the Gamescom-site seems to be down (and apparently has been down for a day or so already).

If it stays down, is it worth it to try and get a ticket at the event itself? Or is it too busy for that usually? We're talking pre-weekend here, if this was about Saturday I wouldn't even bother of course. ;)

Shouldn't be a problem.

DieH@rd

Banned
So where is the Destiny footage?

My friend was on the showfloor today, and he said that Bungie reps promissed new footage, he stood in line with tons of people for two hours, and then they showed old E3 footage. Tons of people were pissed at Bungie reps.

GlamFM

Banned
My friend was on the showfloor today, and he said that Bungie reps promissed new footage, he stood in line with tons of people for two hours, and then they showed old E3 footage. Tons of people were pissed at Bungie reps.

That's exactly what happened.. I was so pissed...

Top Bottom