• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom 2014 Award Nominees

EGOMON

Lol what a joke of list, a casual gamer will put a better and more logical list.
"Expert" huh? thats why nowadays reviews are meaningless

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Mobile is so big it should be split into 3DS, Vita, Android and iOS really.

And Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call is classified as a simulation game? What? Is it a walking simulator? Ha ha ha!

barit

Looks like a list pulled straight out of my ass

So fucking random that it makes no sense

Let me see who is in this so called "jury"

Bertram XY bild.de

Okay i'm done, thanks for letting me know

I remember giant bomb saying that certain publishers would use their name for e3 awards even though gb do not take part in e3 awards.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
If they are just going to give the jury a list and say "choose from here" then I think it would be fair to also include the list provided or otherwise this is all fairly pointless.

LOL never mind. Buying awards now.

So also the Awards are pay-to-win.

Edit: And beaten. I should have bought that "faster posting" pack.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This list is so stupid. Do this journos even know what exactly will be shown? what if there are huge surprises?

Eurogamer CVG said there are rumors the Sony press conference could be even bigger than their E3 presser.

Also where the hell is MGSV and Batman: Arkham Knight?

Edit: Ah yeah of course it's mostly german media, most of them suck anyway.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh I see. SE was smart enough to realise hardly anyone was going to submit anything to the sim game category so they gave themselves an easy 50/50 chance of getting an award.

Drencrom

-No Bloodborne
-No MGSV
-No Bayo2
-No Driveclub (only 3 contenders in the sports category too)

I got curious how games even end up on this list so I found the submission form via google.

The organizer charges a nominal fee of EUR 450 plus legal VAT per game or product. With this, the game or product can be submitted into up to five different categories. In the case that a game or product is submitted into more than five categories, a surcharge of EUR 200 plus legal VAT is to be paid. If one game or product is submitted just into one category a nominal fee of EUR 260 plus legal VAT is to be paid. No discounts are available. The nominal fee is not reimbursed, neither in full nor in part, in the case that multiple categories are merged and a submission is then taken into account in fewer categories.

Prerequisites
The submitted games/products must:
• Games and products submitted for the gamescom award by exhibitors at gamescom must not be published on the German or the home market of the submitting company or made available in any other form to the public before the correspondent gamescom edition of the current year.
The announced publishing date for the game or product on the home market of the submitting company or the German market must be in the year following the gamescom.
• be displayed in the exhibitor‘s entertainment section and be playable by the audience • be full-version products (Add-ons do not qualify)

Lol, they have to pay to be nominated and the games can't be nominated if they have been 'available' on other public events before Gamescom. This award means nothing.

Dredd97

lmao this has to be a joke list.
Wheres Bloodborne,CiV: Beyond Earth,Driveclub?

edit: lol@ Bild.de "journalist" in the panel.

Reading that submission form it seems they may be ineligible for consideration as they may not be releasing in the German market next year, or are not in feature complete and playable form...

Edit : beaten like a stuck pig!

erawsd

I remember giant bomb saying that certain publishers would use their name for e3 awards even though gb do not take part in e3 awards.

Yeah, I think it had something to do with the Giant bomb forum award being misrepresented has a proper Giant bomb award.

nynt9

200x200px-ZC-2fdf5e0f_nathan-fillion-well-nevermind.gif

Drencrom

This list is so stupid. Do this journos even know what exactly will be shown? what if there are huge surprises?

Eurogamer said there are rumors the Sony press conference could be even bigger than their E3 presser.

Also where the hell is MGSV and Batman: Arkham Knight?

Edit: Ah yeah of course it's mostly german media, most of them suck anyway.

Source?

-No Bloodborne
-No MGSV
-No Bayo2
-No Driveclub (only 3 contenders in the sports category too)

Lol, they have to pay to be nominated and the games can't be nominated if they have been 'available' on other public events before Gamescom. This award means nothing.

Sounds like a MS policy. Dat parity clause.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You're maybe stretching it a bit putting Bayo 1 on there, but yeah, the Wii U list there is an especially laughable list in a long line up of laughable lists in the OP. Some of the exclusions are mind boggling.

This isnt a personal list, i just posted the official Nintendo GamesCom Lineup for WiiU - and since Bayonetta 1 is bundled anyway with the second game it doesnt really matter.

AHA-Lambda

Why are there nominations up before the show has started?

Wait, and the nominations are just paid for? What bullshit.

panda-zebra

Great that the expert jury are given the opportunity to award the accolades on the best of the best
from the publishers who coughed up and ticked all the boxes

Percy

Banned
This isnt a personal list, i just posted the official Nintendo GamesCom Lineup for WiiU - and since Bayonetta 1 is bundled anyway with the second game it doesnt really matter.

That's their (Gamescom) own list? And they still only pick three titles? lol... and Lego Batman 3 is where they think the buck should stop on that list? smh

And yeah, I only meant Bayo 1 was a 'stretch' in the sense that it's a freebie rather than a seperate release.

Xater

Yeah this Gamescom award is pretty much worthless. From how you get nominated to the weird Jury it's just terrible.

Foffy

Banned
I actually was expecting some Bloodborne nomination, seeing as we know it is playable on the show floor. I guess the paid nominations thing wouldn't work for that game, as it's the word of mouth that sells those titles from..well, From.

Games can't be nominated for a category more than once, so stuff like destiny and witcher were already nominated last year so they can't be this year

Skele7on

Banned
WOW, Really shocked not to see anything for Destiny....

OR MCC

Best Online Multiplayer Game:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Heroes of the Storm
FIFA 15
Evolve
Forza Horizon 2

WHAT EVEN IS THAT LIST

• Games and products submitted for the gamescom award by exhibitors at gamescom must not be published on the German or the home market of the submitting company or made available in any other form to the public before the correspondent gamescom edition of the current year.
The announced publishing date for the game or product on the home market of the submitting company or the German market must be in the year following the gamescom.
• be displayed in the exhibitor‘s entertainment section and be playable by the audience • be full-version products (Add-ons do not qualify)

So no ports, no vaporware, no "in game trailers", no repeat awards, and no controlled stage demos allowed.

0e3.png

Top Bottom