• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot Developer Feature Series: Harrison, Ward, Eggebrecht Interviews

Mmmkay

I haven't seen GameSpot do these before but they're really laid back interviews and a great insight into the person rather than the company they represent.

Questions:
How did you get started working in games?
Who gave you your break and what was your first job?
What's the one thing about games that drives you to do what you do?
What makes a game a success?
What makes a game a failure?
What do you wish you could change about games or the industry?
What advice would you give to aspiring developers?
What is your favourite story, and why?
What do you want to do before you die?
What profession, other than games, would you want to try?
What wouldn't you want to try?
Who is your favourite artist?
What is something about yourself that would surprise people?
What is your favourite swear word?
What is your blood type?
What music do you listen to while you're working?
What games are you playing other than your own?

Phil Harrison - http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/motorstorm/download_ini.html?sid=6165672&id=6165672

Alex Ward - http://uk.gamespot.com/ps2/action/black/download_ini.html?sid=6165668&id=6165668

Julian Eggebrecht - http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/lair/download_ini.html?sid=6165671&id=6165671

Leslie Mathieson - http://uk.gamespot.com/psp/action/ratchetclank/download_ini.html?sid=6165709&id=6165709

Why is Phil Harrison in a series of developer interviews? I'd like to hear actual developers talk about the process of game creation, not some PR mouthpiece spin PS3 sales.

Mmmkay

BrodiemanTTR said:
Why is Phil Harrison in a series of developer interviews? I'd like to hear actual developers talk about the process of game creation, not some PR mouthpiece spin PS3 sales.
The interview is a no spin zone.

theBishop

Banned
BrodiemanTTR said:

Harrison is sort of the gatekeeper for SWWS. think of him like David Jaffe for Santa Monica, except for the whole world!

Chris_C

BrodiemanTTR said:

Did you even watch the interview? He mentions Sony once as one of the places he got his start. It's a really good interview that gives you a look at a side of Phil you probably haven't seen.

BrodiemanTTR said:

Hi idot.

Wollan

Great interview with Phil there. Sounds like a cool guy in real life. First time I've seen him curse as well.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
BrodiemanTTR said:
Is this a joke? :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Damn Eggebrecht is like a clone of me. He likes what I like. Probably some kind of European affinity.

Dante

BrodiemanTTR said:

Maybe stick to sales threads

Rody

I just finished watching Phil's interview. Very nice guy.

He said he's a good drummer. He should play it at GDC whilst showing new games . :|

luffeN

cant wait to see those... but only 14/kbs.. :D

edit: uuuuum, why the hell does my video of eggebrecht stop at 3:10 ?

do they really just give you a shorter version of this when you are not a GS complete member? :(

edit2: for some strange reason the downloads stopped at half the file size and told me it was completed :D

Wollan

Rody said:
He said he's a good drummer. He should play it at GDC whilst showing new games . :|

beatsus6.jpg

Top Bottom