• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot head to head: ESPN 2K5 vs Madden 2005

Drey1082

I agree with the review, although i would have given Offense a tie, since i like the passing game a lot better in madden (do prefer espn's running) and Maybe a tie or a win for madden in AI, since the DB stuff in ESPN although pretty rare, is really annoying when it does happen.

Slo

Everybody is saying that ESPN wins for online, is this just because of the Fairplay system or something else?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yesterday I was playing Konex online in espn and he caught a pass with his TE and fell to the ground near the sidelines and his whole body was down,one of my players came over and jumped on top of him to make sure it was called down *I even heard the sound of their bodies hitting* and then his TE gets up and runs all the way into the endzone and scores :| Konex did a replay of it and I know he knows that was bs,that was some funky ass shit ....espn bleh.

Dont tell me konex that my player didnt hit your player,cause you could clearly hear it too.

Fifty

Slo said:
Everybody is saying that ESPN wins for online, is this just because of the Fairplay system or something else?

I think it's unfair to decide the online winner this early. Sure, Madden's leagues aren't up, but they are coming, and they will most likely work better than Sega's leagues. That is one category that I think they should wait on judging.....But whatever, I think the whole thing is full of shit.

Any one mastered the first person mode in espn 2k5? i tried playing a quick game on it and it was too frustrating cause i always switched when i try to intercept and first person made it alot harder...and punt and kick returning is crazy...longest i returned it back was 50 yrds...lol i just use mcnair and run if my receiver is covered...

Cloudy

Banned
Matrix said:
Yesterday I was playing Konex online in espn and he caught a pass with his TE and fell to the ground near the sidelines and his whole body was down,one of my players came over and jumped on top of him to make sure it was called down *I even heard the sound of their bodies hitting* and then his TE gets up and runs all the way into the endzone and scores :| Konex did a replay of it and I know he knows that was bs,that was some funky ass shit ....espn bleh.

Dont tell me konex that my player didnt hit your player,cause you could clearly hear it too.

He dove out of bounds, Matrix lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
NOOOOOOOO he didnt :( and I posted that yesterday.

etiolate said:
They need to make offenses more adaptive. Madden has always felt like playing football in the past. More suited for grind it out, slow offenses.

I think there's only been like two or three seasons in a Madden game this generation where I haven't lead the league in passing or scoring. Let's see, I'm 9 games into my season with this year's Madden and I'm leading the league with Roethlisberger at QB and Ward, Plax and Randle El all have at least 40 catches each. I must be playing with the new school feature on or something.

Top Bottom