• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot reviews DOA 4

Mrbob

Kleegamefan said:

I have it right now. ;)

Game is out. Very fun too. Especially online!

I'm 23-8 online, who will challenge me?!?! :D

I love the fact DoA4 keeps track of your vs record against individual online oppoenents.

I'm only 2-4 against Coldblooded I will get my revenge soon!

BTW screenshots do not do this game justice. It look amazing in motion. Best looking game I've ever seen. The wrestling collesium in particular with all those people going nuts and reacting in the background, cheering and hollering, awesome.

winter

I'm not trying to hate on DOA but does anybody actually trust Greg Kasavin's fighting game reviews? The man consistently gives the Mortal Kombat series great scores.

Pachinko

Perhaps he rates games based on how much fun HE had playing them and not what the internet wants to hear ? I can't be alone in thinking this. I don't like mortal kombat much either but the 6th one was more then a fighting game and it had online play, so if you do like the way it plays it was probally a fantastic game.

bumpkin

Pachinko said:
Perhaps he rates games based on how much fun HE had playing them and not what the internet wants to hear ? I can't be alone in thinking this. I don't like mortal kombat much either but the 6th one was more then a fighting game and it had online play, so if you do like the way it plays it was probally a fantastic game.
QFT. Reviews are subjective. They are OPINION.

winter

bumpkin said:
QFT. Reviews are subjective. They are OPINION.

No kidding. The thing is that some opinions suck. And he is paid to have an opinion that doesn't suck. Unfortunately, his opinion does suck when it comes to fighting games.

Not to derail the thread, but the last Mortal Kombat was terrible. It may have been more than a fighting game but its core gameplay was still fighting. And the fighting was terrible. When your countering mechanic is "press this button to counter any move but you can only use it 3 times", you know something is wrong.

Top Bottom