• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot Veteran Freelancer Quits Over CNet Management

voltron

Gazunta said:
Hi! I'm here too! Whoooo!! I never saw a single copy of that magazine :(

Shame, because I really enjoyed the work I did on it. My fake news story about the next GTA being set in the time of King Arthur and instead of stealing cars you steal horses actually got believed by a few forum kids. GTA: Getting Medieval :)

Oh my fucking gawd that would be rad!! Why must you toy with my emotions so?

actually just realised Oblivion was exactly that!

mosaic

go eat paint
Gazunta said:
Hi! I'm here too! Whoooo!! I never saw a single copy of that magazine :(
You're a giant space lesbian -- how would you fit into a magazine shop??

I have 6 of the 7 published issues. At least I think that's how many made it out. Kappa's distribution was terrible. Barnes & Noble here stocked the later digest size issues, but I had to get the standard sized issues from booksamillion.com.

VGU was both awesome and garbage at the same time. The inmates were definitely running the asylum... and it was gooOOOOoood.

I have multiple copies of the issues my stuff was in. Kappa had awesome distribution to Canada, oddly enough.

I had a damn good time working for that mag. Let me know if you're ever doing another half-year ride on a crazy ship full of cartoon alter-egos, dudes.

sugaki

I live my life one quarter-mile at a time
Thunderbear said:
Fuck, this forum is the ultimate cynical place.

No, it's the ultimate cesspool of 15 yr olds living in mommy's house acting hard. Most ppl here don't know squat about the industry, except for what they read on joys__q or Kotaku. Then they think that makes em some kind of arm-chair guru.

Hats off to you, Mosiac.

Cheerilee

Mr. Mister said:
look there are times to take a stand, times to wait a long time to take a stand, and times to not care. i will let you guess which time this is....
You don't even know the half of it. Apparently Frank was bumping the two big P-nut threads with discussion for days even after most people got bored and stopped caring and the mods even de-stickeyed them. What a looney. You'd think this thing actually mattered to him or something.

That was sarcasm BTW. You rock, Frank.

FirewalkR

bishoptl said:
6kpx8i9.jpg

What?

Warner dumping hd-dvd, GS and GS writers dumping each other, bishoptl dumping Samuel L. Jackson...

The world is a-changing.

Belfast

For all the naysayers, I can assure you that Frank is much, much angrier about the Gamespot thing than you are. So STFU.

mosaic

go eat paint
Woah... wait... bishoptl changed his avatar? Come on, why aren't sites covering THAT?!

Jeff will find another job, people will eventually embrace BluRay, but the world just might tilt if we no longer see that cock-eyed Samuel L Jackson image glaring back at us.

More to the point: does this mean we'll no longer see the image of Jaws popping out of the water with Samuel L's head?

FirewalkR

mosaic said:
More to the point: does this mean we'll no longer see the image of Jaws popping out of the water with Samuel L's head?

Indeed, the mind boggles.

Off-topic o:) Congratz on standing up for your beliefs. Good luck, man :)

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
What can I say? Great job CNET -- now I only visit gamespot once a month instead of weekly. I guess readers don't like to read your flagrant video game marketing pitches unaffected and impartial editorials.

Top Bottom