• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespy Comrade - is this the most annoying ad ever?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm sure you've seen it.

Grainy video... then flashing 10 UberXtreme Rage Against The Machine angry gamer dudes, one every 1/10th of a second yelling something or looking generally RAGING. And it doesn't stop there. It loops every 5 seconds making whatever page you're trying to look at completely unreadable.

This has to be the most obnoxious web ad I've ever seen, short of the ones that simply just strobe two colors. Who in the hell would see this obnoxiously strobing ad and want to buy the product?

Am I out of the loop, or is this the average gamer these days? Does someone actually see this ad and say "OHH SHIT! THEMS MY PEEPS! I'm totally angry and raging like them, I gots to SEE what this COMRADE thing is!"

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I took a class on marketing once.
I understand it even less now.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Best part of the software is that it isn't as good as Xfire, yet the memory footprint is 4X as large. They expect people to run this in the background while they game?

I hate gamespy, so god damn much.

Top Bottom