• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamesrader/Xbox World examines Army of Two and loathes it

First of all, any game reviewer taking issue with the politics expressed by the game they are reviewing and critisizing said aspects kinda makes me raise an eyebrow.

That said, the only thing verifiable about their not so flattering opinion of this game is their snipe on the graphics. They are worse than PDZ? First of all, the graphics were not a short coming of PDZ. Unless you want to jump on its art style, which is about the most subjective part of a game's graphics as you could get, PDZ had amazing textures, a solid frame rate and generally looked pretty impressive for a launch title. From what I've seen of AoT, it looks like a somewhat nice looking 2nd gen 360 title. Nothing outstanding. Nothing to scoff at. I can't see what he's talking about here that makes this game so disgusting looking. *shrugs*

Suffice to say, I think I'll be waiting for more credible sources before I totally write this one off.

Sean

Banned
I still remember the EGM cover story/reveal of this, they did a list of 50 best games in 2007 or something and this was #1 :lol

Borys

Banned
A long time ago it was Pariah then Lane and Kynch and now Army of Two.

Shitty overhyped games with $10M marketing budgets get what they deserve.

Finally.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Borys said:
A long time ago it was Pariah then Lane and Kynch and now Army of Two.

Shitty overhyped games with $10M marketing budgets get what they deserve.

Finally.

I would also add Enter the Matrix, I remember EGM hyping that game up to the heavens and then giving the game a sound thrashing when it was actually released.

Mrbob

We’d rather play as a Bubsy the Bobcat/Raiden from Metal Gear Solid tag-team than these two douchebags. The delay is a stay of execution. It has four months to get even vaguely good. Hope for a miracle.

OUCH! :lol

Army of Two certainly is very, very immature and completely non-politically correct (unless you're the kind of super-rightist people-hating kind of person). From the little I've seen played, it's just like he describes.

And it's gonna sell like crazy, I'm afraid :(

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
SiegfriedFM said:
Army of Two certainly is very, very immature and completely non-politically correct (unless you're the kind of super-rightist people-hating kind of person). From the little I've seen played, it's just like he describes.

And it's gonna sell like crazy, I'm afraid :(
It won't if it sucks.

Top Bottom