• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop/EB Games 20GB PS3 bundles go on sale online @ 11/17 night!

Anyone get this e-mail? If this has been posted, close/delete please.

"Dear GameStop.com/EBgames.com Customer:

We will have an extremely limited supply of 20GB PlayStation 3 console bundles for preorder on our site Friday evening, November 17th.

We expect these bundles to ship on or before December 1st. When the bundle is activated on our site, you can find it here:
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ps3/ps3_signup.asp
http://www.ebgames.com/gs/ps3/ps3_signup.asp

We will not offer 60GB PlayStation 3 console bundles until our store pre-orders have been filled, but check back soon for future preorder opportunities.

Receipt of this email does not guarantee an opportunity to purchase. Orders will be taken on a first come, first serve basis.

Thank you,
GameStop.com/EBgames.com"

I would like to buy one without a bundle of course.

Unless you are a person having good use/need of wi-fi the 60 GB version is almost pointless, especially if you can just use the extra cash for a much bigger HDD in the end...which makes it seem...dare I say it..almost retarded.

Memory slots? Pffft. Plus no tacky chrome.

vg260

HomerSimpson-Man said:
I would like to buy one without a bundle of course.

Unless you are a person having good use/need of wi-fi the 60 GB version is almost pointless,...

If you have a USB multi-card reader, do you think that would work just as well as the 60 GB's memory slots?

Can the PSP still interact wirelessly w/ the 20 GB model?

If the answers are yes and yes, then I'd probably just spend the $100 on a bigger HD. I don't like the chrome either.

The bundles will most likely be over $1,000 (I'm guessing $1,200-1,500) because they know that people are willing to spend over $1,500 on PS3s without games/accessories prior to Christmas anyway.

TwIsTeD

honestly the 20gb version is the better deal unless wifi is that important to you, the money you save on the console can go towards a 120gb sata drive, good luck with the rape bundles though :D

They should really fulfill the thousands of preorders that they put on hold until the next shipment arrives before they push their bundles on everyone. :\

TwIsTeD

Shinoobi said:
They should really fulfill the thousands of preorders that they put on hold until the next shipment arrives before they push their bundles on everyone. :\

agreed, but maybe company wide the demand for the 20gb was low enough for them to do something like this, the store I preordered mine at had all 16 for the 60gb

now if the bundle was 60gb then all hell would break loose, even from me

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
cartman414 said:
Judging from the costco.com preorders, this is gonna be another bloodbath.

...and yet they'll still sell out in minutes..... sad.

Jeff-DSA

It's a $994 bundle. :(

SCREW THAT!

EDIT:

Gamestop Email said:
Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, PS3
Turns out at least one of these may be real. Friday evening, we will have a limited quantity of PlayStation 3 20 Gig HD bundles available for online pre-order. Each bundle will include an extra wireless controller, six games, a one-year product replacement plan, a 12 month subscription to Game Informer and a Resistance: Fall of Man guide. The price will be $994.28 plus tax and handling. We expect these bundles to ship on or before December 1.

Javaman

I had my hands on an unreserved 20gigger at EB this morning, but thanks to their credit card machines being down and the amount of time it took to get to the bank and back, someone snached it out from under me. Oh well, maybe I'll land one tonight.

Last Hope

Mejilan said:
I just got this email too. I think I'll pass, however. No 'tard pack for me! ;p
The PS3 does not have the tardness factor the Xbox core unit has. The PS3 lite package is perfectly acceptable.

Last Hope said:
The PS3 does not have the tardness factor the Xbox core unit has. The PS3 lite package is perfectly acceptable.

Yeah, but Sony/PS haters and consumers who don't know any better will keep calling it a "tardpack." Just gotta live with it. I'd get a 20GB if I didn't have a PSP, Memory Stick Pro, and router (for WiFi) already.

Top Bottom