• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop (Germany) lists Uncharted for PS4

Atlas157

Uncharted 2 and 3 looked amazing on 7 year old hardware.

Now imagine the new Uncharted on a system that's 10x more powerful...

Uncharted 2 and 3 looked amazing on 7 year old hardware.

Now imagine the new Uncharted on a system that's 10x more powerful...

They looks amazing on seven year old hardware that was a nightmare to develop for and had far less memory to work with. Uncharted 4 may approach CGI-esque levels.

a916

Jesus christ the Uncharted 3 hate on Gaf. It's not that bad guys, it's a pretty good game, in fact, I really enjoyed it. Not quite as much as 2, but it is far from the awful game many make it out to be.

People were (unrealistically) expecting as big if not a bigger leap from U2 to U3 as they saw with U1 to U2.

Marvel

could never
9kv6.gif

It's not exactly a surprise but still worth doing the Emma dance over.

Atlas157

They looks amazing on seven year old hardware that was a nightmare to develop for and had far less memory to work with. Uncharted 4 may approach CGI-esque levels.

I think Naughty Dog might blow all my clothes off if they manage to do that.

Nolan North said himself that he couldn't believe it was gameplay, assuming he was talking about Uncharted PS4.

SRTtoZ

I think he means that the Uncharted series should just be left alone. Focus on another new IP rather than cash in on another Uncharted sequel.

ND has moved on to new IP every generation in the past...

Wait what? It sells phenomenally and gamers love it. Why would they move on from that? That would be an awful business decision.

DJwest

Jesus christ the Uncharted 3 hate on Gaf. It's not that bad guys, it's a pretty good game, in fact, I really enjoyed it. Not quite as much as 2, but it is far from the awful game many make it out to be.
It's unbelievable really. If Uncharted 3 is considered bad, then I want more bad games from Naughty Dog.

I think he means that the Uncharted series should just be left alone. Focus on another new IP rather than cash in on another Uncharted sequel.

ND has moved on to new IP every generation in the past...

Yeah they should totally stop making a critically acclaimed game that makes them shitloads of money and will move consoles on its name alone

There are two teams. I expect to the TLoU2 and another game. I was hoping for not another Uncharted.
They already said they have ideas for a sequel and would love to "return to these characters", TLOU2 is in the bag.

I'd be the other game to be the next Uncharted.

daveo42

Banned
There are two teams. I expect to the TLoU2 and another game. I was hoping for not another Uncharted.

Same here, but an Unkarted game would be welcome as a good diversion till a new IP comes from them. My guess is that Uncharted is just too big for them to let go yet and ND still has some Nathan Drake stories to tell before letting him retire.

Whatever game they plan on making is up to them, which is always good news and don't have to worry about pumping out sequels endlessly for a blockbuster franchise if they don't want to. That's how we got TLoU instead of another Uncharted this year.

I'll probably enjoy the fuck out of a prettier Uncharted, but ND, if this is happening, please do more than make it look better!

Femto.

I say new IP AND open-world Uncharted :)

Open world Uncharted does sound appealing :D

To those who disagreed with my "cash in"/new IP statement:

The Last of Us would like to have a word with you. It was ND's new IP and it sold millions. I'm sure a new Uncharted will sell well but they have proven that they can create new titles and deliver just as good, if not, better games.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
There are two companies i'm really excited to see what they deliver on PS4.

Naughty Dog
Polyphony

I just can't wait !

Uncharted ports from PS3 running at 1080p 60fps will be instant buys too.

SiRatul

I remember some thread back during Gamescom where this listing was discussed a bit. It's been around for quite a while now but back then it said something like coming in february 2014 or so.
There was also a youtube video of some guy calling gamestop germany and asking them about it. They just said that they were sure that there will be an Uncharted 4 and that they expect it to come out during holiday season 2014 just like the others did.

Showaddy

Really looking forward to when it's inevitably announced (chances are it's at the VGA's) but I do hope ND really take advantage of the PS4 with larger environments, better AI, improved climbing mechanics etc and not just make it look super pretty.

Exciting news, Uncharted 4 will blow everything out of proportion on PS4, can't wait to see how great it looks, and hopefully we got stronger supernatural themes this time around.

Which is when?

Anyway, it would be the first title to get me really interested in the PS4. Bring it.

December, not sure when exactly, but it is always in December.

This is the single most annoying thing about NeoGaf. Posts like this bug me. GameStop is a fucking RETAILER. They sell the games. They know shit all about any top secret projects. They are NOT in close association with Naughty Dog. This is the equivalent to a thread titled "my friend told me they're working on GTA6" and everyone in the thread goes "Aww hell yeah!" rather than question the validity of the source. Maybe GS is just saying there's a new Uncharted coming because they figure there probably is one in development and want to raise interest for the console, I dunno. What I do know Is that Sony have no reason to fill freakin' Gamestop in about what they're working on before it's announced and if they did they would Probably request Gamestop doesn't list it on their site because that's a stupid way to announce a game.

jts

...hate me...
Compared to Uncharted 2, 3 is a mess. Rushed out the door, and it completely showed.
Truer words couldn't be said, my friend. I'm a HUGE Uncharted fan and I took so much pleasure to platinum Uncharted and Uncharted 2.

I couldn't even go for seconds with Uncharted 3. Not that I hated it, it was a fine game, I just didn't have the drive to replay it at all.

LastNac

Truer words couldn't be said, my friend. I'm a HUGE Uncharted fan and I took so much pleasure to platinum Uncharted and Uncharted 2.

I couldn't even go for seconds with Uncharted 3. Not that I hated it, it was a fine game, I just didn't have the drive to replay it at all.
As much as this hurts to say to another Regular Show fan...
You're crazy, my friend.

Some Nobody

Uncharted 4 is a long ways from coming out. There's no way they'll let inFamous and Uncharted go head to head, so at the earliest Q2? They really have no reason to tell us about it right now.

Top Bottom