• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeNfX

I have about 27 games I'm planning to trade. I always feel bad for taking up so much of the employees time and especially the people waiting in line as well. The GameStop near me usually only one employee. Last time I did a trade in, it took about 30 mins while there was 5+ ppl waiting in line lol. Ah well, gotta do what I gotta do!

The GameStop app is pretty handy for retro stuff
About to trade in my
N64
Game boy color
Game boy advance
Game boy pocket
Snes
Nes
Xbox 360
Wii
Nintendo ds lite

Add in an extra $15 for each and I should be getting like $200+ for back up systems

Extra $15? Is there some kind of promo that is affecting retro consoles?

Nice. Thanks OP, I brought in 89 games - mostly 360 stuff for the kids they've grown out of, stuff I have on Steam or games I got digitally on Xbox One - and walked out with $600 in trade. Picked up a PS4 Pro, a $50 Steam card, a $50 PSN card, and I still have nearly $90 left for whenever I decide to pick up a Switch. And, more importantly I've decluttered.

Wow, nice haul man. I finally spent my cred today.
Paid off Crash and FFXii, plus the collectors edition strategy guide, a silver DS4, and a couple of games on PS3 I were missing. .... and a preorder on kiwami.

CodeNfX

Just traded in the games, fastest trade in experience by far. The employee checked each game and scanned them quick. Got $426.60 pretty sweet!

Ronin Ray

Nice. Thanks OP, I brought in 89 games - mostly 360 stuff for the kids they've grown out of, stuff I have on Steam or games I got digitally on Xbox One - and walked out with $600 in trade. Picked up a PS4 Pro, a $50 Steam card, a $50 PSN card, and I still have nearly $90 left for whenever I decide to pick up a Switch. And, more importantly I've decluttered.

How long did it take for them to process all that?

Got about $600 from trading in games (nothing past the 360 gen aside from a few Wii U games), a GB Advance and a 360 console I'll never use again. Great deal lol, now to wait for the Switch to come in stock ;'[

Most of the time Gamestop sucks but promos like this are great for clearing out old crap that has almost no value elsewhere.

Even local shops would probably turn down a lot of 360 games at this point.

How do I get this coupon? Sorry, I haven't used GameStop in years.

If you sign up for the power up rewards in store it will print on your receipt. You can use it on the next transaction.

It works for multiple systems. I traded in a PSVita, Playstation 1, and original game boy in one receipt and all 3 got the $15 bonus. The Vita got a $25 bonus as well for being a pro member.

SpotAnime

Wow, nice haul man. I finally spent my cred today.
Paid off Crash and FFXii, plus the collectors edition strategy guide, a silver DS4, and a couple of games on PS3 I were missing. .... and a preorder on kiwami.

Most of the time Gamestop sucks but promos like this are great for clearing out old crap that has almost no value elsewhere.

Even local shops would probably turn down a lot of 360 games at this point.

I agree. With this deal I was getting back in trade what I originally paid for several games. Some of those LEGO games are returning back like $12 each in credit, like Star Wars Complete Saga, which is free on GwG. And I was able to clear out nearly half of my 360 Kinect games and get decent value for them.

The only thing I need to rebuy is Persona 5 - I had the PS3 version, but I traded that in for $35. I figured now that I have the PS4, I'll just get that version, and since I don't need it immediately I can wait for the inevitable Atlus discount on a PSN sale. I also have a $10 BB gift card burning a hole in my pocket so I'm toying with getting the PS4 steel book for basically the same price...

How long did it take for them to process all that?

Not too long, the store manager had a systematic process of going through them all quickly. About 15-20 minutes. I went at lunchtime so they wouldn't be so slammed in the evening.

How long does this sale go for? I'm contemplating selling some of my games to get the N.Sane Trilogy on release day.

But most of my games that I want to trade are probably not worth anything. I need to get 40 something dollars.

RobotVM

I signed up for PUR like a week ago and through away my receipt. I will they would have told me about this 15.00 thing

How are some of you trading in retro stuff?

Every retro thing I've looked up on the website gives me N/A -- are they super selective on what they take retro-wise, or is it only certain stores?

Persona7

Banned

Every retro thing I've looked up on the website gives me N/A -- are they super selective on what they take retro-wise, or is it only certain stores?

It has to be in good cosmetic condition with a 100% intact label. It seems like they are mainly looking for popular games.

I traded in games like Super Smash Bros, Fighting Force 64, and Mario Party. They're looking for games like that.

It has to be in good cosmetic condition with a 100% intact label.

Lol, my stuff was definitely not like that. He didn't even test the N64.

Persona7

Banned
I traded in games like Super Smash Bros, Fighting Force 64, and Mario Party. They're looking for games like that.

Lol, my stuff was definitely not like that. He didn't even test the N64.

The labels of your games were damaged? an employee told me they are specifically trained to only accept cartridges with intact labels and no cosmetic damage to the plastic when I asked about the retro program.

The labels of your games were damaged? an employee told me they are specifically trained to only accept cartridges with intact labels and no cosmetic damage to the plastic when I asked about the retro program.

Yeah, I had nearly whole labels missing. The guy there has been pretty unprofessional and sometimes rude, based on the other experiences I've had with him.

BreakinBad

Neo Member
Got $409 on old games. Went back and got $130 for my launch PS4 (since I have a Pro). And went back once more time to trade in a few more games (I'll be getting Gravity Rush 2 back digitally and basically got all but $9 back from what I paid for it) for a final total of:

szKf5dz.png

Now you have subtract what I'll be paying for digital GR2 (next time it's on sale) and I got another $5 coming from when I cancel my Crash pre-order. I almost bought a PSVR for the hell of it...but I will resist until HDMI 2,0 ports are a part of the system.

Edit: Forgot to say thanks! Seriously, thank you for this post.

BreakinBad

Neo Member
I'd like to add that being a Pro member pays for itself at around $150 (plus tax) and you're losing money by not joining beyond that threshold (though that's probably before the 60% bonus, not after).

And on top of the >$600 I got, I should wind up with ~13000 Pro points which would be enough for a $10 PSN card. This was a nice last hurrah for Funcoland to me. I'll probably spend it all on PSN bucks in the end...

kirblar

Does anyone have one of those +$15 console trade in coupons they'd be able to send to me?

I've got a Wii U I'd like to trade in and the bonus would be nice. It didn't send me a coupon for this month since I signed up mid-month.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
My current, and likely final trade in balance: $761.33.

$500 of that will pay for the XBOX One X (Tax is excluded from purchases paid in full using Trade-in credit).
$60 for Xbox Live card
$200 left for games.

I caculated the game I had and came to about $241 with the 60% extra. Gona throw some more 360 games in there too even though they are only $2 a piece. I need to declutter anyways, and Amazon doesn't give much better value after their fees so seems fair enough even for $2

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I caculated the game I had and came to about $241 with the 60% extra. Gona throw some more 360 games in there too even though they are only $2 a piece. I need to declutter anyways, and Amazon doesn't give much better value after their fees so seems fair enough even for $2

Why not let them subscribe you to Power Up Rewards Pro or whatever it's called. They can do it all in one transaction and I'm betting it will pay for itself right away and give you additional credit all at once? That way, trades are all 70% bonus instead of just 60.

friskykillface:
Why would tomorrow have a bump in trade values?

Tomorrow could have a huge bump in trade values
Think I'll wait until then for games 👀

There is also a chance for trade values to drop in value, especially since they are starting a B2G1 free sale this weekend on all used games and consoles/accessories. Let the trading russian roulette begin!

and yeah if you are trading more than $150 of games sign up in the same transaction for PUR Pro ($14.99 for 1 year), you will get 10% more on all the trade ins which pays for itself plus a free one year sub to game informer and 1 day early access to the b2g1f promo this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom