• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Trashing All Copies Of Babylon’s Fall After Today

Graciaus

Never really heard of the game. Looked it up and Steam doesn't even let you buy it anymore. The first Google store link doesn't even work either. WTF is up with PlatinumGames? Extremely inconsistent company.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Though gamers avoided this like the plague, they can't even get rid of this for $9.99? Better than $0.
It's a live service game so not only they will not update it anymore but it will stop functioning altogether. Nobody wants a trash game that you won't be even able to play in a few months.

Goalus

Babylon’s Fall is one of the biggest failures from Square Enix and PlatinumGames. With Square Enix confirming recently they will stop all support and GameStop is starting to trash all unsold copies.

CheapAssGamer reported the news stating that stores will start trashing all unsold copies. This isn’t new for retailers as unsold stock that take up valuable space is either shipped to a warehouse as penny stock or sold at a loss.

That's one reason why games on disc have no future.
Game should of been on Gamepass, the quality fits according to some people.
PS+ Premium is where it fits best.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Where has this happened before ? Oh yeah ET and games crash.
Actually not like ET at all. 40 years later you can still play ET carts you find in some dust heap.

More like Warhawk (RIP Incognito), MAG (RIP Zipper Interactive), etc. Not the first time owning a disc didn't mean you could play forever. Won't be the last. I wonder if Babylon's Fall has enough fans for people to try to resurrect it on their own like with Warhawk?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Actually not like ET at all. 40 years later you can still play ET carts you find in some dust heap.

More like Warhawk (RIP Incognito), MAG (RIP Zipper Interactive), etc. Not the first time owning a disc didn't mean you could play forever. Won't be the last. I wonder if Babylon's Fall has enough fans for people to try to resurrect it on their own like with Warhawk?
Showtime Good Point GIF by Billions

No sarcasm in my response, a vaild point well made :)

Astral Dog

They could have made something truly decent with this game(they had the director of freaking Metal Gear Rising working on Babylon after all), but instead all Square Enix come up with is a souless, shitty Multiplayer Online thing designed only to suck off players money. ironically doing this to themselves.

Zero sympathy from me, even that Final Fantasy Origins spinoff would have been a much better fit for Platinum Games. but i don't believe this will affect them severily, it looked like a low budget experiment that should be forgotten soon.

at least this shows what a difference the publisher makes for Platinum

Last edited:
Top Bottom