• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers: God of War III TGS '09

StuBurns

Banned
msdstc said:
GT wouldn't hurt the sales of GOW, it's two different demographics. That being said this game looks incredible.
They're still two major games, and it's still money. If HR, GoW3, FFXIII and GT5 all hit retail at the same month, I wouldn't buy them all that month. Despite them all being totally different and me wanting them all.

ghibli99 said:
Please tell me it's my PC and that GOW3 isn't as choppy as that video...
I don't know if it's your PC, or the video, it was janky for me too, but the game is fine. Those sections are in videos all over the place running really nice. The only issue framerate wise in that area I believe is when he's riding the beast thing.

BeeDog

Sutanreyu said:
What's with the grey/brown, low-res textures all over the place? The environments seem to lack color.

The shit (the trailer that is!) is overexposed like mad for some stupid reason, it looks horrible.

SamBishop

Banned
That's all footage from the very demo you guys will get to play as part of the God of War Collection (if you pick it up, that is). While it's amazing, that little bite-sized part of the level is starting to become rather... familiar now. I needs something new, though I suppose that's a bit much to be asking about six months out.

This game definitely has that subtle beauty thing going for it, and not in a Halo 3 way (lol). The Kratos model in particular looks stunning, but it's so zoomed out that you can't notice anything.

I hate the 'cut away when something awesome is about to happen' that they seem to love doing all throughout this trailer. But the game looks pretty good I guess.

I need new pants :eek:

SamBishop said:
That's all footage from the very demo you guys will get to play as part of the God of War Collection (if you pick it up, that is). While it's amazing, that little bite-sized part of the level is starting to become rather... familiar now. I needs something new, though I suppose that's a bit much to be asking about six months out.
I resent that unlike the demos for the first few games, this isn't even going to let us have a tiny, minor tussle with the first big boss of the game and cut away before the real fight :(

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Happy Phantom said:
wildly unenthused. It's hard to care about this when Bayonetta's coming out sooner and will be better.

I have a suggestion, how about i play both and enjoy both.

Go to your bayonetta thread please. and i like how you already know its better :lol

vulva

Tiduz said:
I have a suggestion, how about i play both and enjoy both.

Go to your bayonetta thread please. and i like how you already know its better :lol
I never said I knew which was better, I said which one has me more excited.

I came in this thread hoping to see something new to the GoW games since I always felt the first 2 were lacking in something, not sure what but they just never clicked with me. This trailer seems to be more of the same.

Concept17

Captain Pants said:
Goddamn this game looks amazing.
Picture2-2.png

smoke reminds me of kz2... shared tech?

J-Rzez

Happy Phantom said:
I never said I knew which was better, I said which one has me more excited.

Happy Phantom said:
wildly unenthused. It's hard to care about this when Bayonetta's coming out sooner and will be better.

Yeah...

Anyways, to each their own. I couldn't possibly care less about Bayonetta anymore, and would much rather a new All-Dante DMC, but what-ev.

abrasion

Banned
gamerecks said:
Its all footage seen from the demo.

Ugh, so milked out, want the game but god it's like the only part of the game they've actually finished.
You just saved me 30mb of my quota (Australia) not bothering to finish streaming.

Top Bottom